Mock Draft

franchisedotcom

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have the Packers selecting in the first round:

Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech
The Packers have no one opposite Aaron Kampman. The Packers have a history of drafting the best available and it lines up with a position of need with them, DE. The Packers have their choice of DE, Orakpo is a gym-horse but Johnson has more appeal. Another possibility would be James Laurinaitis.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty common pick. TT does like to draft the best player available, and it seems the best player available is going to be a defensive end or a linebacker. I like the pick, but Michael Johnson may be a little light.

UncleMeat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Thompson will narrow his strategy a bit and take the best defensive player available. Unless one of the top 2 offensive tackles happens to slip (which I doubt). We need help at every defensive position. Kampman and Pickett are the only sure fire starters in the front seven...

UncleMeat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When has Jenkins started all 16 games and played well? It's hard to say what he is at this point.

Pickett consistently takes up 2 blockers and does his job well. Jolly gets pushed around and really doesn't make an impact. Pickett is supposed to take the center and guard out of the play so the linebackers can make tackles. He does that, the linebackers just don't do their job. He also moves across the line better than anyone else we have at DT.

Pack88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should GB go defensive I am hoping he takes Brian Orkapo DE. If TT goes on the offensive side probably eugene Monroe. I have seen some negatives about him very recently- another popular selection is the tackle from baylor (Jason Smith)! This is llikely to be a very good year for DL and OL so should TTlike a guy who is more likely a 12th or 13th pick I could see him scoot back a bit take Smith at 12 or 13 and use the additional 2nd to move up into the late 1st and get one of the 2nd tier end like George Selvie or Everette Brown. I have to admit this would be out of character for TT to trade down in the 1st but we'll see
Pack88

brent fullwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A possible 2nd round pick would be Selvie from central florida. He is another smallish DE (250-260 lbs) but was unblockable last year and this year was hurt some and was constantly double teamed so he had no stats. This time last year he was projected in the top 10 and now it seems like he's not going to go in the first round. Great pass-rushing potential, just hope he's not the next Erasmus James

Diltzy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just watched a video or Orkapo on youtube. That man is a freaking beast, and I would love to have him opposite of Kampman. He regularly just shoves guys on the ground and gets in. He can also contain backs very well slowing them up on the outside runs or just stuffing them when they run at him. Although I still am an avid Pick up Peppers supporter. With Julius Peppers, and Aaron Kampman, he could really learn quick from to of the NFL's elite linemen.

bone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with Diltzy on the pick up of Peppers. I would love to see the pack go after him.
As for the draft pick I hope we go after Orkapo or Everette Brown. Both are stud pass rushers.
I would not be dissapointed if we picked up Malcolm Jenkins but I am sure he will be gone by the 9th pick. If TT goes for the best player available I would not be shocked if he picked up Aaron Curry or Rey Maualuga but Linebacker is not our biggest need.

Killazach

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Orakpo, not Johnson. I hope to god we get him, I can't explain how happy I'd be if we did.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be happy with either Michael Johnson or Brian Orakpo. I'd seen many mock draft sites that has us taking Malcolm Jenkins. That makes no sense to me, because while getting a good young cornerback wouldn't hurt, our pass rush is our most pressing need. You can have the best DB's in the NFL, but if you have no pass rush what so ever, your gonna get burned. I'm hoping we can get Haynesworth in free agency and then get either Johnson or Orakpo in the draft. After we get a DE in the first round, I'd like to see us get a LB in the 2nd round.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Orakpo would be the better option, but what Beanie Wells. No team drafting before GB needs a running back, and I can see TT taking him since he is the best player available.

Reaction score
Honestly i dont like beanie wells i dont think he will be a very good Nfl Rb and plus grant is way better than him. for jennings .The only thing i dont like about orkapo is hes a little undersized he can become a line backer a 3-4 defense wooo i would NOT like to see that. a de hes like 63 260 i want him to be at least 270, 280 i know on sports center hes a beast lifting but still id like him to get a little bit bigger . But if hes still in the draft pool and its are Pick TT better take him

Killazach

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron rodgers is god said:
Honestly i dont like beanie wells i dont think he will be a very good Nfl Rb and plus grant is way better than him. for jennings .The only thing i dont like about orkapo is hes a little undersized he can become a line backer a 3-4 defense wooo i would NOT like to see that. a de hes like 63 260 i want him to be at least 270, 280 i know on sports center hes a beast lifting but still id like him to get a little bit bigger . But if hes still in the draft pool and its are Pick TT better take him
I think Orakpo has already proven that he is willing to put on a ton of muscle. In fact he already has? lol

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron rodgers is god said:
plus grant is way better than him.

This is a little debatable. Grant had a great 8 games in 2007, but was no where in 2008. Plus, the NFL is a two-back league nowadays.

Beanie had a pretty good game against Texas yesterday.

goingdeep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the Orakpo and Julius Peppers combo as well. However I expect nothing from the FA market with TT in the GM seat.

I would definitely go with defense drafts as opposed to offense. I like DT B.J. Raji from BC as well as drafting Orakpo, if all goes well. And why oh why didn't Brandon Jackson get more carries ? Grant needs to work his **s off in the offseason and training camp to come back as the star next year. He spent most of his season running into the lead blocker instead of breaking tackles!

KStaff45

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Orakpo or Johnson will be good NFL players. Johnson is nothing but pure potential and Orakpo has the tendency to stand up to tall and rely on his strength. His 260 pound frame wont allow him to stand straight up and bull rush NFL left tackles. When he showed up he was amazing, and I hope I'm wrong, but just my opinion.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more I read and watch Johnson the more I am not so sure about him. They say he is a guy who has the intangibles but his production is sporadic. They also think he is a potential bust. I am in favor of dropping to a 3-4 scheme and getting Maualuga. I have littered these forums in favor of him. Hawk - Barnett - Maualuga - Chillar/Poppinga could be deadly. Throw in Nolan with some interesting blitz packages, like sending DB's or LB's in the gaps and we could be talking business.