MM had team sized for rings eve of the SB

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Eight days before Super Bowl XLV, Packers coach Mike McCarthy took a calculated risk.* He had his players fitted for rings. “We wanted to come into the game focused,” guard Daryn Colledge said.* “We knew we had a chance to win this and came in with that mindset, and that’s the way we played:* Downhill.…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
A fitting motivational ploy by McCarthy

In a show of bravado that was over the top even for the way Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy has handled the six-game win-or-go-home journey, the players were fitted for Super Bowl rings - on Saturday night.

Source: JSOline.com

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike & Mike (ESPN): McCarthy had team sized for rings Saturday Night

I apologize if this was previously posted.

Mike & Mike in the Morning are reporting that McCarthy brought in the ring measurer guy to get ring sizes for the team Saturday night. Golic brought up the point if you lose, you don't want this getting out, as you would look like a fool, but they all seemed in agreement with a point Herm Edwards brought up was that this was him getting team in the mindset. That this was all about the message McCarthy was sending to the team.

Well it certainly didn't hurt. takes cajones, but Mike did everything right to get this team ready for the Super Bowl. As much as I get mad at him for when the team comes out flat in the 2nd half during the season....this is an incredible coach that will be here for the next decade :D.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yea, he deserves an extension and I don't even know when his contract is up! LOL

Very bold move, but the whole team has said a lot of bold things starting at Family Night.. and I think it's one of the most character defining moments of his tenure here. Shows how much he believed in his team..

L

Lunchboxer

Lol He Believed in his team. Im glad DD and Woodson finally got their SB Rings.

Cherry on top of a Wonderful Carrier.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he has a couple of years left on his contract, I think it expires after the 2013 Super Bowl (though this next season--if there is one--could be the last on it)...not entirely sure. No doubt he will get a nice extension.

You are right, lots of bold statements though. Family Night. Super Bowl or Die. Year of the Take Over. Silly things, serious things, fun things, etc that had been said. Though none of it has every been in an arrogant way. They have always addressed themselves and have had the goal in mind. It has never been about showing anybody up, but proving what they can accomplish and doing it. They sure did it too!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
yeah its been posted somewhere last night,..Tramon Williams commented on it in locker room

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ring Bling, Anybody?

Hey folks.

Anyone got a snoop of the design of the XLV champ rings, yet?

I always get a kick out of checking out the glitter.

And... To start a discussion. Which superbowl ring is your favourite?

Mine would be the XXXI Packers ring, it's just so classy.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think they have decided on it yet from what it sounds like.

I personally like the first oakland raiders ring and the first packers ring.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, I just heard that each player will be given a bunch of quarters and go to the nearest gumball machines to get their rings there instead.
Good luck at the bigger players getting the right ring size!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was looking over the internet, the Giants got theirs in march I believe.

But if anyone got any info on this, on the release date of the rings, or the design, I'm dying to know also...

Members online

Latest posts