Amish Mafia - Final Mock

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this draft is short on the top end. Luckily, there are a few QBs who will go in the top 10 that should push one or two guys to us at 14. There is usually a surprise or two as well. This draft is deep in the 3rd level. Players towards the end of the 2nd through the mid 4th are about the same level. If somehow there isn’t a run on QBs in the top 10 and one of the top 4 are still there, we should start considering trading back. If all our top targets are gone, we should definitely trade back. The next 3 picks are all thinking QB. Any one of them is a possibility.

I think there is great defensive talent on top but a drop off after round 4 – except for CB. There will be some who contribute in the NFL in the 5th round.

Should be a bunch of WRs and CBs going in 4th -6th who will be viable NFL players.

Would not be shocked if the Packers went RB in the 2nd. I like what we already have on the roster, but there are some good RBs In this draft and one that should go in the first, is likely to slip down 2.14.

Packers big board looks like this:

1. Bradley Chubb
2. Sequon Barkley – Best RB since LT
3. Tramaine Edmunds – My best hope
4. Nelson – Charley Casserly says he is the best OL Player this century
5. Fitzpatrick
6. Denzel Ward
7. Smith
8. James
9. Davenport
10. TRADE BACK

As luck would have it, the Elite 9 are all gone by 14. Our pick is in demand however, as teams want to trade up for a fifth QB, Atlanta wants Vea, and Dallas wants to get Ridley.

Trade NE wants Brady’s replacement and trades up for a QB.

Packers 1.14 and 4.35 for NE 1.23 and 2.10

1.23 CB Jaire Alexander. There are 3 CBs I will take in this spot (in order): Josh Jackson - a big playmaker with improving skills; and Hughes an amazing athlete with big play potential; and Alexander - very skilled player. I'm guessing that Alexander will still be there and the other 2 will not be. That’s okay - I can't seem to make up my mind. Alexander - many said he is the most natural CB in the draft and that he 'won' the combine. He is the most ready of the 3 CBs to play, though has the least upside but the least risk. There is always give and take on these things. He will play as a rookie (which we need) and do a fairly decent job.

2.10 WR DJ Moore - Will make an impact as a rookie. Is good at everything and has great speed. Will be able to stretch the field. Is a football guy. Loves the game and every play he gives 100%. Will be a great Packer for years.

2.14 Edge Lorenzo Carter - Improved as a senior. Was a spotty performer but seemed to do better in bigger games. He has the physical tools to do whatever he wants, but he has underperformed. My gut tells me his is a bust - but I think he is worth the risk at this spot. I already have 2 safe picks in the bank, so I'm going to take a calculated roll of the dice here. Sweat is another very similar option in about the 4th, but I am sure some other team will overdraft him.

3.12 5T Rasheem Green - Not sure where he is going to go. I think he could go early in the 2nd but I see rankings putting him in the 4th round. He was a DT in college, but he can't play that in the NFL because he is only 275. He is very athletic and a non-stop motor. He makes plays all over the field and had 10 sacks as a DT last season. Give him a year to bulk up a little as he fills in for Daniels and Wilkerson. After Tramaine Edmunds - this is my favorite player in the draft. I wonder if he will be gone and I should move him up to 2.14.

4.01 CB Dane Cruichank - played CB and then switched to SS as a senior. Not to exploit his talent, but to fill a defensive roster void. There are a dozen CBs I could put in here that are all about the same. Dane had a decent college career, but he really stood out at the east west Shrine game. He played and practiced very well showing excellent cover skills. He is very physical, strong, and fast.

4.35 Traded

5.01 WR Justin Watson - there are a dozen WRs ranked in the same area. Watson is 6'2" and very solid. Did not face much competition and it hurt his development. At the senior bowl, he did very well against much better CBs than he was used to. He is still on the raw side, but he has all the tools.

5.35 traded

5.37 TE Troy Fumagali -
wanted Dalton Shultz but he is gone. Troy doesn’t have all his fingers, but still has great hands. Very reliable but will have a tough time getting open in the NFL. Good route runner but just doesn't have the explosion. Aggressive and skilled blocker - loves football and will not be out-worked.

6.12 OT Greg Senat - Went to Wagner - not sure where or what that is. Surprised everyone at the East/West Shrine game. Moved very well, strong, and quick. Technique is sound - no telling about his instincts and feel for the game. Was not challenged defensively at Wagner. May end up on the practice squad, but is a very interesting prospect.

6.33 OLB Mike Love - No, not the beach boy. Packers seem to have shown and interest, bringing him in for a visit. Packers are the only team, I saw, that brought him in. Has size - 6'4" 260 lbs with a good motor and quickness. Not consistent, may have wore down. Could be a later round surprise.

7.14 Edge Kendall Donnerson- the most athletically gifted OLB in the draft. 6'4" 250 lbs. 4.44 40; 40" vert; 131 broad; and a 7.03 3C. The question is: why didnt he have 40 sacks last season at SE Mo?

7.21 CB Charvarious Ward - Middle Tennesse State. All the tools - except bad hands. Won't get you many if any INTs. But good coverage skills. Is a long way from playing in the NFL, but has the tools to be very good. Perfect use of a late 7th round pick.

Edit Delete - On 2nd thought, he will be long gone.
7.14 OG Wyatt Teller
- Would have been in the 3rd or 4th round if he came out the prior year. He stayed and he took a big step back. Did well at the combine. Take a stab at him that 2016 was the real Wyatt and 2017 was an anomoly. Is a solid aggressive locker and will be great value if he gets his poop together.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I dig a lot of these picks. I love Alexander and Moore. Carter isn’t my favorite edge, but I can see him being a fit at SAM for Pettine.

So Green is just a guy you really love then? The positional need doesn’t stand out at all with Wilk and Lowry there. But if you love a prospect, I understand mocking him.

My main critiques of this outcome is that I would want to see OL much earlier and I think they need to address ILB or S depending on what they plan to do with Jones.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dig a lot of these picks. I love Alexander and Moore. Carter isn’t my favorite edge, but I can see him being a fit at SAM for Pettine.

So Green is just a guy you really love then? The positional need doesn’t stand out at all with Wilk and Lowry there. But if you love a prospect, I understand mocking him.

My main critiques of this outcome is that I would want to see OL much earlier and I think they need to address ILB or S depending on what they plan to do with Jones.
This is a bad year for OL. Forcing the matter and reaching for a player is never a good idea. 2 of our biggest 'needs' are WR and CB. This draft happens to be very heavy in the middle rounds for both of those.

As far as safety, that is our deepest position after QB and DL. We have 3 starting quality players. That being said, there are some good safeties in this draft and would not be surprised if we take a stab at one in the middle rounds. BTW Dane played SS the last season in college.

Feel I am repeating myself, but you draft a player for 4 years and not for 1. If you continue to pass up great players for lesser players at areas of perceived need, your team quality decreases dramatically. Let the draft come to you and get as many great ones on your team as you can. I think Green isn't far off from Clark. He's young and showed signigi

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
This is a bad year for OL. Forcing the matter and reaching for a player is never a good idea. 2 of our biggest 'needs' are WR and CB. This draft happens to be very heavy in the middle rounds for both of those.

As far as safety, that is our deepest position after QB and DL. We have 3 starting quality players. That being said, there are some good safeties in this draft and would not be surprised if we take a stab at one in the middle rounds. BTW Dane played SS the last season in college.

Feel I am repeating myself, but you draft a player for 4 years and not for 1. If you continue to pass up great players for lesser players at areas of perceived need, your team quality decreases dramatically. Let the draft come to you and get as many great ones on your team as you can. I think Green isn't far off from Clark. He's young and showed signigi

I think it's a bad year for OT's at the top of the draft, but overall I don't think it's a bad year for OL. Austin Corbett and Joe Noteboom would make a lot of sense for the Packers in the 2nd or 3rd round. I don't think I was calling for forcing the matter.

I agree that they have enough quality and depth at safety... if Jones is a safety. But if he's basically the WILL linebacker, then they need another safety. Or if he is the SS, they need a WILL linebacker. So whichever way you push him, there's a hole on the depth chart. And there are a lot of both SS and WILL prospects in this class.

I don't think many need the comment in bold explained to them. Obviously I'm not calling for the Packers to pass up great players for lesser ones. I was just commenting on some areas of the draft that I think offer a good bit of talent and where GB has some pretty pressing need.

D

Deleted member 6794

As far as safety, that is our deepest position after QB and DL. We have 3 starting quality players.

Jones and Brice are unproven though. Therefore I wouldn't mind the Packers adding another safety in the draft.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones and Brice are unproven though. Therefore I wouldn't mind the Packers adding another safety in the draft.
Unproven but promising. Even with depth, you just never know when 2 injuries happen and strength goes to weakness in a matter of a few plays. Additionally, the more depth the more competition pushing the starters to try even harder. I'm all for drafting another safety or any position really when I see a promising prospect.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I like this mock a lot! Love it actually. I do hope Jackson or Hughes are available instead of Alexander, but really like the rest.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like this mock a lot! Love it actually. I do hope Jackson or Hughes are available instead of Alexander, but really like the rest.
Thanks! Each of the 3 CBs I mention have their strong points and their weaknesses. If I agree, with you, if I could choose, I would take Jackson. Excellent skills, and he is still learning the position. He could become a real shutdown corner PLUS he has the ball skills/hands of a good WR. A half dozen INTs per year would be a big boost to this defense. He will drop because of his poor 40 time, but he never played like he had a poor 40 time. Truth is, his 40 time was near Richard Sherman's. So I know you don't have to be faster to be good.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These are my top 5 by position. I rank them according to who will have best career at next level.
Wide Receiver
1.Courtland Sutton
2.Anthony Miller
3.Calvin Ridley
4.Marcell Ateman
5.Allen Lazard
RunningBack
1.Saquan Barkley
2.Kerryon Johnson
3.Sony Michel
4.Rashad Penny
5.Kalen Ballage
TightEnd
1.Mike Geisicki
2.Troy Fumagalli
3.Hayden Hurst
4.Ethan Wolf
5.Cam Serigne
CornerBack
1.Josh Jackson
2.Denzel Ward
3.Carlton Davis
4.Mj Stewart
5.Brandon Facyson
Pass Rusher
1.Bradley Chubb
2.Sam Hubbard
3.Lorenzo Carter
4.Marcell Frazier
5.Chad Thomas
Inside Linebacker
1.Tremaine Edmunds
2.Azeem Victor
3.Malik Jackson
4.Josey Jewell
5.Mike McCray
OLineman
1.Q.Nelson
2.Will Hernandez
3.Wyatt Teller
4.Sean Welsh
5.Connor Williams.

These are players I think will be called successful when they call it quits. I would be stoked if the Packers drafted any of these players. I will say this in closing. Josh Rosen is the best QB in this class hands down.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These are my top 5 by position. I rank them according to who will have best career at next level.
Wide Receiver
1.Courtland Sutton
2.Anthony Miller
3.Calvin Ridley
4.Marcell Ateman
5.Allen Lazard
RunningBack
1.Saquan Barkley
2.Kerryon Johnson
3.Sony Michel
4.Rashad Penny
5.Kalen Ballage
TightEnd
1.Mike Geisicki
2.Troy Fumagalli
3.Hayden Hurst
4.Ethan Wolf
5.Cam Serigne
CornerBack
1.Josh Jackson
2.Denzel Ward
3.Carlton Davis
4.Mj Stewart
5.Brandon Facyson
Pass Rusher
1.Bradley Chubb
2.Sam Hubbard
3.Lorenzo Carter
4.Marcell Frazier
5.Chad Thomas
Inside Linebacker
1.Tremaine Edmunds
2.Azeem Victor
3.Malik Jackson
4.Josey Jewell
5.Mike McCray
OLineman
1.Q.Nelson
2.Will Hernandez
3.Wyatt Teller
4.Sean Welsh
5.Connor Williams.

These are players I think will be called successful when they call it quits. I would be stoked if the Packers drafted any of these players. I will say this in closing. Josh Rosen is the best QB in this class hands down.
Well, you certainly didnt just regurgitate what you read. Some interesting takes. As far as Rosen, he has the best arm in the draft. Probably the best pure passer to come out in a while. Its leadership and maturity that will drop him in the draft. He is a big risk but if he pulls his **** together he could easily be the best of the class.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deep down you know Landry will be out of the league in 3 years. You are just in too deep to turn back. ;)

Out of the league? While still on his rookie contract? That's asinine.

I'm very confident that Landry is good, and he's good at possibly the most important defensive skill there is.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Okay gentlemen, I'm curious. Who are you taking ahead of Landry?

Chubb, Nelson, Barkley and Ward. If faced with a decision before him and Edmunds, Smith, Fitzpatrick, and James I have a hard time knowing what I would do.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Wow. Edmunds, Fitzpatrick, Smith and James uh ou may pass on to take Landry.

I go back and forth. Fitzpatrick, Smith, and James are safer. But pass rusher is the second most valuable skill set in the league and Landry has the traits/talent to be elite in that regard. So it's hard. If all of those players hit on their potential, Landry would be the most valuable of the bunch. However, when you weigh that upside against the safer floor and the immense talent of a guy like Roquan Smith... it's difficult.

But my guess is that Nelson, Barkley, Chubb, Smith, Ward, and Landry will be gone by #14. That's just my gut feeling at the moment. So it would be a bit of a moot point.

Edmunds is interesting in this discussion. He's maybe the most uniquely talented of anyone in the discussion, but he doesn't play a premium position and he isn't refined. I'm wondering if the chatter about him falling is due to that combination of being more on the raw side and playing an off-ball position.

Reaction score
I'm all for drafting another safety or any position really when I see a promising prospect.
I think Derwin James would be an immediate improvement to our backfield. My gut tells me he'll develop into a household name like an Earl Thomas type name. He's one of 2-3 players that I don't believe is anywhere near his ceiling (The other being Tremaine Edmunds) but is already talented enough to be an instant starter. He can play all over the field and has been touted as a true vocal leader. He's the Mike Daniels of the secondary
The kid is 6'2 1/2 and 215lbs with 4.47 speed, 21 reps and a 40" vertical. He'd match up perfectly with a taller TE He also jumped 132" broad jump! If you're a QB thinking you're going to lob one over his head in the Endzone.. think again. He'll out jump you
He was the nations top ranked Safety 2015 and 2017. He fits our mold of a do it all Alpha and is the closest thing I've seen to what we've missed in a potential Charles Woodson type athlete that does everything from Nickel CB to KR to LB to Safety (with all respect, Charles could play WR and was a smidgeon faster)

Last edited:
Reaction score
But pass rusher is the second most valuable skill set in the league and Landry has the traits/talent to be elite in that regard
Landry being ranked towards the end of the 1st round in some mocks is almost laughable. You're right there is a premium on pass rushers and he's one of the top 3 so I'm not even sure he'll make it to #14 (fingers crossed) but I'd be totally good with that pick

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Landry being ranked towards the end of the 1st round in some mocks is almost laughable. You're right there is a premium on pass rushers and he's one of the top 3 so I'm not even sure he'll make it to #14 (fingers crossed) but I'd be totally good with that pick

The only way I see that happening is if there are serious concerns regarding his character and/or medicals.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Chubb, Nelson, Barkley and Ward. If faced with a decision before him and Edmunds, Smith, Fitzpatrick, and James I have a hard time knowing what I would do.
I would take all 8 of these guys before Landry, I just don't think any of them will be there at #14. Landry, is #9 on my list. However, if we picked Alexander, McGlinchey, Davenport, Jackson or Hughes....I wouldn't be upset

Members online

Latest posts