Amish Mafia - Final Mock

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I go back and forth. Fitzpatrick, Smith, and James are safer. But pass rusher is the second most valuable skill set in the league and Landry has the traits/talent to be elite in that regard. So it's hard. If all of those players hit on their potential, Landry would be the most valuable of the bunch. However, when you weigh that upside against the safer floor and the immense talent of a guy like Roquan Smith... it's difficult.

But my guess is that Nelson, Barkley, Chubb, Smith, Ward, and Landry will be gone by #14. That's just my gut feeling at the moment. So it would be a bit of a moot point.

Edmunds is interesting in this discussion. He's maybe the most uniquely talented of anyone in the discussion, but he doesn't play a premium position and he isn't refined. I'm wondering if the chatter about him falling is due to that combination of being more on the raw side and playing an off-ball position.
I hope Landry is gone by 14. That means a better player will drop.

I think Edmunds could be a generational player. Only 19 and still developing, but already a top player. Appears to be very dedicated and loves football. To me it's a no-brainer and I think there is little risk. He can be something scary very soon. Non premium position? He could change the NFLs opinion on what is a premium position.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

I think Edmunds could be a generational player. Only 19 and still developing, but already a top player. Appears to be very dedicated and loves football. To me it's a no-brainer and I think there is little risk. He can be something scary very soon. Non premium position? He could change the NFLs opinion on what is a premium position.

I think that’s a tad extreme Amish. Elite linebackers are plenty valuable but they aren’t going to change the way that the NFL values positions. And I’m not down on the guy overall. But he’s not as good as Smith. When you take him, you’re banking on more development than with other players in this draft. Which does not make him a bad prospect or pick. It’s just a factor. Believe me, I was one of the first people pushing Edmunds this year. The talent is crazy. But when you’re choosing between a lot of really good options, small things become tie breakers.

Reaction score
Some of this is splittin' hairs until we know exactly what Pettine will install. I will say this with confidence, what Edmunds accomplished as a 18 year old Sophmore for the Hokies was nothing short of spectacular. Tremaine and Derwin are a couple of my favorites because they both give us immediate starter and very high long term potential at 2 of the top 3 Defensive positions of need. (the other being CB). Patience is truly a virtue with Edmunds but I'm pretty certain he's a keeper

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Ok @AmishMafia, you made me think about it. I think this is my top 10 for the Packers in order of preference, excluding Chubb, Nelson, and Barkley:
  1. D. Ward, CB, OSU
  2. R. Smith, LB, UGA
  3. T. Edmunds, LB, VTU
  4. H. Landry, ED, BC
  5. D. James, DB, FSU
  6. M. Fitzpatrick, DB, UA
  7. J. Jackson, CB, IOWA
  8. L. Vander Esch, LB, BSU
  9. C. Ridley, WR, UA
  10. M. Hurst, iDL, UM

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of this is splittin' hairs until we know exactly what Pettine will install. I will say this with confidence, what Edmunds accomplished as a 18 year old Sophmore for the Hokies was nothing short of spectacular. Tremaine and Derwin are a couple of my favorites because they both give us immediate starter and very high long term potential at 2 of the top 3 Defensive positions of need. (the other being CB). Patience is truly a virtue with Edmunds but I'm pretty certain he's a keeper
Nelson is the 3rd in this group. He is amazing and I can see him being a force as a guard. He will make a surprising impact as guard. I can see your average MLB at the snap will keep 1 eye on the ball, one on his key, and another on Nelson. Afraid, knowing Nelson may come out of nowhere and blow him up at any moment.

Reaction score
I'm going
1. Bradley Chubb
2. Saquon Barkley
3. Quenton Nelson
unless we trade up these first 3 guys are all but gone so it's wishful thinking here..

4. Denzel Ward
5. Tremaine Edmunds
6. Derwin James
7. Roquon Smith
8. Davenport
9. Landry
10. Calvin Ridley

D

Deleted member 6794

Okay gentlemen, I'm curious. Who are you taking ahead of Landry?

Derwin James is the only prospect that might be available at #14 who I would definitely pick ahead of Landry.

Edmunds is interesting in this discussion. He's maybe the most uniquely talented of anyone in the discussion, but he doesn't play a premium position and he isn't refined. I'm wondering if the chatter about him falling is due to that combination of being more on the raw side and playing an off-ball position.

It seems that teams think about moving Edmunds to edge rusher which would possibly increase his value though.

I would take all 8 of these guys before Landry, I just don't think any of them will be there at #14. Landry, is #9 on my list. However, if we picked Alexander, McGlinchey, Davenport, Jackson or Hughes....I wouldn't be upset

I'm definitely not in favor of drafting McGlinchey, Davenport or Hughes at #14.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Derwin James is the only prospect that might be available at #14 who I would definitely pick ahead of Landry.
We have no idea who will be available at 14. Recent rumors even say that Edmunds and/or Fitzpatrick may be available. Suppose you are GM of the Packers and you have a scheduling conflict on draft day. Your daughter has a dance recital and no cell phones are allowed. Anyway, you leave your retarded nephew in charge and you give him a list of 14 names and you tell him, "Take this crayon and cross off each name when they get picked. When our pick comes up, pick the name highest on the list who is not crossed off." Now, what names do you have above Harrold Landry?

For me, I have 20-30 names on that list.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

All good points, and all very possible. But it also could be a wasted year or so before he catches up with the big jump in competition level. There's a very real chance of boom or bust here.
Even more so with Davenport, the guy most mentioned as our pick in mocks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

We have no idea who will be available at 14. Recent rumors even say that Edmunds and/or Fitzpatrick may be available. Suppose you are GM of the Packers and you have a scheduling conflict on draft day. Your daughter has a dance recital and no cell phones are allowed. Anyway, you leave your retarded nephew in charge and you give him a list of 14 names and you tell him, "Take this crayon and cross off each name when they get picked. When our pick comes up, pick the name highest on the list who is not crossed off." Now, what names do you have above Harrold Landry?

For me, I have 20-30 names on that list.

I think you're extremely undervaluing Landry. As I've mentioned before if Derwin James isn't there I would draft Landry if he's still on the board.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All good points, and all very possible. But it also could be a wasted year or so before he catches up with the big jump in competition level. There's a very real chance of boom or bust here.
Yes, all players have a risk of bust. This is like AJ hawk. Hawk was a fantastic athlete, a great play, and was very dedicated. He didnt really bust, but he fell far short of what I thought he would be. Edmunds floor coming in is already a big step up from Ryan. He will be a good starter with a ceiling of ray Lewis type impact.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, all players have a risk of bust. This is like AJ hawk. Hawk was a fantastic athlete, a great play, and was very dedicated. He didnt really bust, but he fell far short of what I thought he would be. Edmunds floor coming in is already a big step up from Ryan. He will be a good starter with a ceiling of ray Lewis type impact.

I edited as my original reply was geared towards Davenport. Much lesser boom or bust with Edmunds. I think it likely we'd have to trade up for Edmunds.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw an article yesterday- supposedly from a 'source' at 1265- that the Packers are really hot for Ward.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you're extremely undervaluing Landry. As I've mentioned before if Derwin James isn't there I would draft Landry if he's still on the board.
So James is your #1 player and Landry is #2? Ahead of chubb, Edmunds, Nelson, Barkley, etc?

I may be wrong about Landry or I may be right. I do put my opinions out there and go on the record. My track record is hits and misses, I accept that and just do this for fun and not a living.

I have Janis and Dante with the players they are passing on. So when Landry busts you know Damn well I'm bringing up that post to show them who they passed on. Of course if he turns out to be a great one, then I will live with the same fate.

You seem to be afraid sometimes of sticking your neck out there. Yet you have a lot of critiques on posters who do. Come on Capt. You have good/valid opinions and I would like to hear them more.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So James is your #1 player and Landry is #2? Ahead of chubb, Edmunds, Nelson, Barkley, etc?

I may be wrong about Landry or I may be right. I do put my opinions out there and go on the record. My track record is hits and misses, I accept that and just do this for fun and not a living.

I have Janis and Dante with the players they are passing on. So when Landry busts you know Damn well I'm bringing up that post to show them who they passed on. Of course if he turns out to be a great one, then I will live with the same fate.

You seem to be afraid sometimes of sticking your neck out there. Yet you have a lot of critiques on posters who do. Come on Capt. You have good/valid opinions and I would like to hear them more.

I think Smith is probably a bit better than Landry, Edmunds the same level (potential sky high), Jackson worse, Fitzpatrick and James neck and neck.

Positional value matters to me though. Roquan Smith is really good, but is he so much better than Landry that it outweighs how much more important a pass rusher is? I don't think so. Pass rusher is the second most important position on the field. If you can get a good one, you do it.

In terms of talent, just what you see right now on the field:
1) Smith
2) Fitzpatrick
3) Landry
4) James
5) Edmunds
But they're all really close, ok?

In terms of value, potential, and talent:
1) Landry
2) Fitzpatrick
3) Smith/Edmunds
4) James

And again, they're all really close. I have a bias towards pass rushers. Just what I like, what I prefer. But Landry is still a really, really good pass rusher. He has some weakness in the run game, but that's not uncommon.

Now this is just guys who I think realistically will be there at our pick. I'm not including Ward, Nelson, Chubb, etc.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm going on record that Landry is my second favorite prospect for the Packers in this year's draft after Derwin James. You're glad now, Amish??? ;)

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going on record that Landry is my second favorite prospect for the Packers in this year's draft after Derwin James. You're glad now, Amish??? ;)
You qualified your last statement with 'who will likely be there" I don't want you to say later, well, if I knew Bradley chubb was going to be there, I would have taken him.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Amish have very rigid customs regarding the NFL draft. Each member of the community must unconditionally put his name behind a given prospect. Should said player bust, the poor soul is required to shave off the left half of his bear and ride in the horse buggy backwards until the next draft and a chance to redeem his family's good name.

Our own @AmishMafia spent a year looking like this after really getting behind Dion Jordan.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Amish have very rigid customs regarding the NFL draft. Each member of the community must unconditionally put his name behind a given prospect. Should said player bust, the poor soul is required to shave off the left half of his bear and ride in the horse buggy backwards until the next draft and a chance to redeem his family's good name.

Our own @AmishMafia spent a year looking like this after really getting behind Dion Jordan.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Ahhh, Dion jordan. First name a great 50's crooner and last name the BBall GOAT. How could he possibly fail?

PS how'd you get access to Pulaski Police mug shots? This is when I got pinched for rigging the horse pull at the shawno county fair.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts