Mississippi St Simmons suffers torn ACL

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was never really on my board. He'd be my "Kenny Clark" this year. Never really expect him to fall so far and yet he did. Now, I'll have to look at some tape, and if he fell to the top of the top of the 3rd-4th I'm pulling the trigger.

D

Deleted member 6794

It might be a smart move if the Packers select Simmons with a late round pick.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely, he would be lost for the year obviously but that would give guys like Adams, Lowery, and Lancaster to develop before we possibly consider them for the discard bin. Who knows, if we somehow snuck into the 6th seed he may be ready to go and we catch opposing OLs off guard.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely, he would be lost for the year obviously but that would give guys like Adams, Lowery, and Lancaster to develop before we possibly consider them for the discard bin. Who knows, if we somehow snuck into the 6th seed he may be ready to go and we catch opposing OLs off guard.
Fairly highly regarded as a top half of the 1st round pick, I doubt he drops that far. Jaylon smith only dropped to the 2nd and his knee was blown up in a bowl game.

D

Deleted member 6794

Fairly highly regarded as a top half of the 1st round pick, I doubt he drops that far. Jaylon smith only dropped to the 2nd and his knee was blown up in a bowl game.

True, unfortunately I think you're right that Simmons won't drop that far.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah. Of course it would.

He's not going to drop to a late round pick.

I don't think he'll make it past the first half of the 2nd round.

All of you expecting him not to drop that far are most likely right. I was probably a little too optimistic about that possibility.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My position is that the DL class is so deep that teams will just draft someone else and move forward. The team that does draft him will double down most likely on the position one way or another most likely. I could see him definitely sliding to 3rd Round because I expect a run on WRs and OTs in Round 2. It's not farfetched to me that he's around late Day 2.

Members online

Latest posts