Mike McCarthy

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my only complaint was the lack of short passes. seemed to be run run bomb punt most of the night. but MM is an NFL head coach and im not stupid enough to believe i know more about the game of football than he does.

easy to sit back on tuesday and say what he did wasnt right, but im pretty sure he knows more than any of us. except for Chamuko... thats one smart guy there... he really knows what hes talking about.

execution was the main problem. we just didnt get it done. that and matt hasselback paid the refs at halftime.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
except for Chamuko... thats one smart guy there... he really knows what hes talking about.

Glad I am not the only one that thinks this way :thumbsup:

Lets just say that we will know for sure by the end of the 2007 season, but you know opinions are like ***holes everyone is entitled to have their own and my personal one is that MM will fail as HC in GB, we will see time will tell, so far he hasn´t shown anything to believe he is the second coming of Lombardi.

Anyway I hope he calls a perfect game next sunday and December 21st vs the queenies as I will be in Lambeau to witness it !!! :thumbsup:

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont know about anyone else but i dont expect him to be the next lombardi. but i think hes done a decent job so far.

and i too hope he calls a perfect game next week. and have fun at lambeau wish i could be there

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
alright,

Chamuko expects.....
the coach to be the second coming of Lombardi
the GM to be the second coming of Ron Wolf and draft a new Brett Favre
the new QB to be the second coming of Brett Favre

if not they are all a failure!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
No one will be the next Vince, nor the next Holmgrem, or the next Favre...

I think this is a common thread with a majority of people..

Wolf comes in hires M.H and they have GREAT success and REAL FAST..

Spoiled the he__ out of everyone..

Now people ASSume that is how it is SUPPOSE to be all the time..

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LT & Gakk, you're right, Lombardis, Holmgrens, Wolfs, Favres are indeed one of a kind and you just have to be lucky that they were part of your team if they alone didnt attract you to the team in the first place. As we saw with MH last night when they're on the other side, it isnt much fun.

It's also unrealistic for fans to expect the same levels of greatness from those that come after them or even be exact replicas in terms of philosophy or performance.

While I do take your point that some of us fans can come across as spoiled by all the year's of success, I dont think the alternative is to have no expectations of success and be satisfied with a team that's going through a critical phase in its development and not doing everything it can to help itself.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and to further the convo.... i dont want another favre... or another holmgren... i love those guys and i dont wanna replace them in my memory

how bout the first Mike McCarthy and the first Aaron Rodgers...and heaven forbid... the First Ted Thompson.

Ron Wolf, Holmgren and Favre all had their struggles in the first year together. Let it all settle out. then have your hanging

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the problem is that even before rodgers got injured there is no way to hold favre accountable for his mistakes what can mm do. i know that favre doesnt have the best supporting cast but when hes playing bad mm cant sit favre down because the fans would run him out of town and favre knows that so he doesnt have to worry about being pulled or sat down for poor play

Members online

Latest posts