Mike McCarthy

Reaction score
I was dissapointed, I expected more from MM this week.

I felt we should have used the screen a lot more, but more importantly I thought MM failed to try and kick start this offence. I believe he should have, at the very least, when no huddle a lot more than just late in the game and seen how that worked out.

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was hoping to see more of a vertical passing attack tonight, AADP. I thought maybe we would have tried to stretch it down field to Jennings much more than we did, wait, did we at all? I didn't like the play calling tonight. Disappointed me.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
I am not sure what was going on with Jennings, I think they took it easy with him tonight. He was on the side lines with Martin taking a few snaps for him, really a huge dropoff there.

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I am not sure what was going on with Jennings, I think they took it easy with him tonight. He was on the side lines with Martin taking a few snaps for him, really a huge dropoff there.

Why take it easy on one of your big play guys? Doesn't make much sense.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my favorite playcall was not throwing it to driver or greg, but forcing it to ruvell or francies in the end of the 4th. oh wait, i dont think thats what MM had in mind.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy called a bad game. Bob Sanders called a bad game. It was an awful coaching job. Now before we overreact and call for McCarthy's job already their were some times where the players just screwed up. Favre made some bad throws. The Running game just wasn't there. The Defense made turnovers but really didn't get any pressure. Although you can tie most of those to the play calling on both sides.

I've come to the conclusion that like THIS team McCarthy is a very inconsistent Head Coach.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Well if MM didn't want the ball to be thrown there way, he should have never called a play that involved getting Francies or Martin out there.

McCarthy knows what limits he has, he didn't work within the limits of his players tonight.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can't afford to have our HC learn as he goes. You've got to be smarter than the dog if you're going to teach him any tricks. MM seems to be regressing, much like our OL.

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its the sign of a rookie head coach when the team is +3 in turnovers for most of the game and still loses. And its the sign of hall of fame coach when the team is -3 in turnovers for most of the game and still wins.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its the sign of a rookie head coach when the team is +3 in turnovers for most of the game and still loses. And its the sign of hall of fame coach when the team is -3 in turnovers for most of the game and still wins.

Or a crappy team that refuses to get first downs

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM was driving me NUTS!!! How many times are we gonna run to the left Mike???

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
MM was driving me NUTS!!! How many times are we gonna run to the left Mike???

I think we both need a bowl of Cheerios to calm down.

As long as it's honey nut cheerios I'm game. Pass the bowl!!

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
As long as it's honey nut cheerios I'm game. Pass the bowl!!

Eating out of the same bowl? Yeesh

I'll pass the box, thank you

Lol I meant pass me an EMPTY bowl so I could pour my cereal. My fault, though I didn't explain it very well. Guess my mind is still on that blown game.

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really wish MM would spend some time thinking about what is this team's identity.

He spent the offseason saying it would be a run first offense. That was abandoned quickly into the season and it became a pass first offense. Then when we lost Robinson and Ferguson it became a West Coast type short pass offense. Then when we ran into problems on a couple of slants that was abandoned and we now seem to be back to last year's heave down the middle offense.

On defense with the addition of Woodson and Manuel we thought it was going to be all about the secondary and building off last year's good work against the pass. Instead the secondary broke down and we found success with pass rush and against the run. Now for the last couple of weeks, perhaps to compensate for the weaknesses in the secondary we seem to have adandoned the aggressive pass rush. And after today's game we cant seem to stop the run either.

If this year is all about building a core group of players for the future, then MM would be well served laying down the fundamentals and an identity to build around rather than rushing from crisis to crisis with no seemingly clear plan in mind.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was very disappointed in the first half, often calling running plays on third and long... and just a general VERY conservative offense. Pretty much giving up to go for a field goal (which missed) on that one drive.

However, I feel he completely adjusted in the second half and it paid immediate dividends. The offense opened it up and started to make plays. But at some point they got muddled again, and it didn't help that Favre wasn't always hitting the open receiver.

I think there were some mistakes and bad decisions all around.

One thing: was it just me, or was our special teams giving up big yards on almost every return? Maybe that's an exaggeration, but it seems to happen a lot. Didn't help that Ryan was having a bad punting game.. but still. That entire side of the game is huge.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not dissapointed at all, I have always said that he is not a winning HC, he will be in GB for a couple of more years more due to TT´s narrow mind and he will leave with no glory at all.

Maybe TT should reconsider his decisions and get a new HC, by the way he should at least fire Manuel.... But no way Lord TT is always right, so we will have to stand MM for another season at least.

He looks like a bartender not a HC, last night Holmgren eyes were wolf eyes and MM´s eyes were lost deer eyes, no wonder the final score.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's my take:
So, the guy wanted to run the ball, stick with the run, (remember Seattle giving up 200+ on the ground last week?) so what did he do? He stuck to the run. Now, what killed us had nothing to do with playcalling. It came down to the players' inability to execute on drives off of turnovers. I'm pretty sure Franks had a TD on the play-fake, but a certain hall of fame QB put the ball in the wrong spot.(I love #4, but a LOT of this game has to go on him) Not to mention Bubba couldn't run down a deep pass to save his life. That was a game-momentum killer. I will say MM has been absolutely dreadful when it comes to halftime adjustments, though. Know what else killed us? When MM made the RIGHT call on defensive 3rd downs, and ticky-tack calls gave Seattle more chances to score. And they did. Anyway, thats just my take. I think MM is still doing a good job in his 1st year.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I am not dissapointed at all, I have always said that he is not a winning HC, he will be in GB for a couple of more years more due to TT´s narrow mind and he will leave with no glory at all.

Maybe TT should reconsider his decisions and get a new HC, by the way he should at least fire Manuel.... But no way Lord TT is always right, so we will have to stand MM for another season at least.

He looks like a bartender not a HC, last night Holmgren eyes were wolf eyes and MM´s eyes were lost deer eyes, no wonder the final score.

Yup your right about Manuel he needs to be gone..

but to blame everything on MM/TT is just insane..You are always so quick to blast those 2 when they lose, but I have NEVER seen you blast Favre or anyone else..

TT/MM were not the ones that tossed the int in the end zone, they were not the ones tossing the stupid yellow flags..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

When Brett threw that int in the endzone, wasnt it MM sitting with Brett, and talking to him??

Or did the host on sports radio 1250 Gary Ellerson just make that up?

How many times under Sherman did you see him sit with Brett after a bad play and talk to him..

Members online

Latest posts