Mike Ditka loves Cam Newton and Tim Tebow, but apparently not Jay Cutler

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
As former Bears and Saints coach Mike Ditka turns 72, Ditka spoke to the Chicago Sun-Times about a variety of topics, and he shared some strong opinions. As he always does. For starters, Ditka loves former Auburn quarterback Cam Newton. ‘‘I would take Newton,” Ditka said.* “I would take him in a heartbeat.* I think…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think cutler is a poor mans brett favre but I feel like tebow and newton are a poor mans vince young.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I doubt Ditka could do anything with those guys.

Anyone remember his time in New Orleans?

I don't think anyone that calls themselves a Saints fan is gonna forget Ditka giving up 3 years of draft picks for ONE player (Ricky Williams). If he likes Newton so much, I bet he would do it again lol.

When bad drafting is mentioned, i don't think anyone will ever top Ditka's moves. 3 years of picks wasted, and to think the Saints actually won 10 games in 2000.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think cutler is a poor mans brett favre but I feel like tebow and newton are a poor mans vince young.
If we're to stay in a black QB comparison, Newton reminds me more of Daunte Culpepper.

Tebow is quite unique. He's not fast, he's just too powerful. And he is really intelligent, has a great grasp of offenses and defenses. His problem is lack of talent as a passer, in terms of arm strenght and accuracy.

Tebow is like a Trent Dilfer, but with great mobility.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's 72!!!????
Holy Schnickes! I had no idea.
Ditka is the kind of guy that when Death comes knocking, Ditka is gonna kick Death in the ****** and yell "Get the F off my porch!" and then throw his *** of chewed up gum at the Grim.

You can hate the Bears all you want, but ya gotta love the old school toughness of Coach Ditka. He's a rare and endangered breed in today's football and sissy PC world.
I respect him. Gawd I respect him.

Members online

Latest posts