Mel Kiper's 3-round Packer Mock.....

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay Packers
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Top needs: OLB, FS, DE, RB, CB, C, QB

Rd. 1 (28) OLB Shea McClellin, Boise State
Rd. 2 (59) DE Jared Crick, Nebraska
Rd. 3 (90) S Antonio Allen, South Carolina

Analysis: I originally had Courtney Upshaw of Bama here, but I like the McClellin fit better and have moved Upshaw to New England because Green Bay picks first. McClellin might be a little big to drop and play in space like a traditional 3-4 outside linebacker, but if Packers defensive coordinator Dom Capers allows him to make getting to the quarterback his primary goal, he has a chance to help early and develop in other areas. He's a really smart player and will pick things up quickly, and provides help for a pass rush that is desperate.

Crick might be a bit of a reach on some boards, but if he's fully healthy (he will be after tearing a pectoral muscle during the season), I like his fit here. Green Bay's pass rush was as bad as any other team's in the NFL for much of last season, and Crick and McClellin/Upshaw are solid additions to the front seven.

Allen is a good developmental safety prospect who could step in right away if Collins can't return.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rather have Derek Wolfe than Jared Crick, but I like the other two picks.

If I had to guess, I think TT moves up in the second round if one of the top DL with
a first/early second grade is still available. For example, J. Worthy, K. Reyes or
Brandon Thompson.

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score
I would rather have Derek Wolfe than Jared Crick, but I like the other two picks.

If I had to guess, I think TT moves up in the second round if one of the top DL with
a first/early second grade is still available. For example, J. Worthy, K. Reyes or
Brandon Thompson.
I LOVE both Crick and Wolfe. If TT takes either I will be stoked. At this point I want either McClellin, Upshaw, or Mercilus in the first round, then either Crick or Wolfe in the second. Third could be a safety but it probably won't because TT won't draft all defense in the first three rounds. Look for it to be offensive line depth in the third or maybe a third down back like Lamichael James.

Members online

Latest posts