Media Attention

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Good point. GB should be getting mad media attention, we are SB champs with an undefeated streak going on. What more does a team have to do? But on the other paw, all that media attention can be distracting. Let them haunt Tebow all they want, meanwhile the Pack just keeps rolling through opponents. :)
How much can they say. Rogers is ripping it up. Our D has the most interceptions, No one seems to worried about the yards thing, everyone pretty much thinks we will run the table during the regular season at this point. there is no drama on the team. Hard to come up with good story lines that anyone but a packer fan want's to listen to. Jennings is out. well, we have 5 guys behind him that can all catch the ball and 4 behind them. Until something dramatic happens with us we won't really be in the news much until divisional games. We are almost perfect, what's to say.

After this week they are going to start talking about will we go full bore to the end or rest our starters. I think at this point we have all pretty much gotten the drift of what is going to happen. We are going for history.

DAMN THE TORPEDOES FULL SPEED AHEAD

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
While they are all focused on Tebow, I think it's really a blessing in disguise. And YES I mean that! I hate hearing about the overrated quarterback myself, but at the same time it really disappoints me.

How often do you see a team 12-0 or 13-0?

We had 2 of them in 2009. The Denver Broncos in Elway's retiring season were like 12-0 or I think 13-0, before they finally lost a game. The Washington Redskins of 1991 were 11-0 and were always on top of the biggest talk before they lost their first game. Then down the line of undefeated teams late in the season, we have the Green Bay Packers. But you don't hear about that often, it's about an overrated unproven quarterback that completes 40% of his passes, and BARELY, I mean BARELY beats teams that are .500 or below (non playoff teams)

So that is really sad to me.

Troy Aikman came on ESPN yesterday to talk about concussions and the matter in Cleveland. But before getting to that, they had to ask him how he felt about Tebow. Surprisingly, Aikman laughed and said he is getting tired of hearing about him over everything, (so 2 thumbs up for somebody FINALLY saying how sick they are of hearing about him) and we had to sit through more *** kissing, drool over short highlights, before the man cut the cake to the real thing (which is only reason I wanted to watch. Memories of Aikman having injuries aren't far apart in his prime, the guy was always hurt one way or another, his opinion on the concussion rules meant something)

One way or another, teams that watch ESPN and have to play Denver, they are the ones that are worried first. They have to face all the stupid ******** questions about him, and have to deal with the drooling over an extremely overrated player, while in the other hand, we have a team that is still undefeated, not getting all the media attention in first place, and it's not crammed down everyone's throats. It also gives momentum to being on top of the world, yet under the radar. The Pack are on top, they own it being undefeated, but my point is; they don't have to live up to how the media wants them. Tebow surely don't have to either, as they'll make an excuse for him before anyone that plays harder than him, but if we keep on winning as we have done all year, we won't have the media to constantly throw us up there and put us on a pedestal and feed the opposing team billboard material to inspire them to play us harder and faster.

Also, I gotta say I love how they constantly create records that Tebow broke. You know, 6 game winning drives in the final 2 minutes or OT? Did they forget that game winning FG in Miami was from a fumble? Did they forget, the game winning FG in San Diego was from a Willis McGahee 35 yard run? Oh yeah and the fumble in OT against the Bears that gave them damn good field position? I guess a Super Bowl winning quarterback on pace to snag the MVP of the year, and has been shattering Favre's records in GB is a disgrace cause he completes better than 40% of his passes and does not try to jam the word of religion down our throats :roflmao:

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Are you kidding me? Every sportscenter is as follows... Tebow, Packers, Chris Paul, other possible NBA trades. Packers are getting a lot of attention.

Reaction score
Imagine if Tebow ended up facing GB in the Superbowl?
Don't think the media would know what to do.

A black hole would probably appear out of no where and swallow everyone up.

They'd replay that video of Aaron walking by that old chick at the airport, over and over .... maybe even 'subliminally'(don't got spell check cuz I'm gangster), just to send that message that we're the big bad EVIL Goliath type team.

Maybe even have some stories of Johnny Jolly stomping on a bunch of unborn kitten babies or something.
Then they'd show nonstop videos of Tebow karate chopping taliban warriors with his bible or something....
smh.... We would be portrayed as villians. :eek:

FearThePack

13x World Champs!
Reaction score
Tebow is getting a little more attention than us, but I'm perfectly okay with that. It seems as though we are flying under the radar a little bit. I'd just like to see Bayless eat crow after we beat the Broncos in the super bowl (Assuming the Broncos make it of course).

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
For NFL and non NFL fans alike, Tebow is more of a human interest story. His persona easily engages the public and media and so long as the Broncos keep winning, it will be good for the NFL as a whole. The public's sense of wonderment over Tebow is much different than that of the Packers. I believe the public looks at the Packers as a dominate and unbeatable team; much the same way I perceive other dominate teams of the recent and distant past. The wonderment bestowed upon the Packers is that of the beautiful and distant nebulae pumping out winning team after winning team. Coming back to the gravity of earth, I'd like to see reporters drop their boy and girl wonderment-like questions and just ask about the next game at hand.

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
Are you kidding me? Every sportscenter is as follows... Tebow, Packers, Chris Paul, other possible NBA trades. Packers are getting a lot of attention.

I agree. Even on the local sports talk programs, sportswriters and analysts will field numerous phone questions and the Packers are always mentioned. The college blog analyst/writter, Phil Steele definitely gives the Packers the nod to take it all. That's all I need to hear because Steele has the best, most confident voice and his reporting is even keel.

Members online

Latest posts