1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Media Attention

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by CarolinaPackerFan, Dec 13, 2011.

1. CarolinaPackerFan

CarolinaPackerFan Packers fan in Panthers country

Ratings:
    +52
    Does anyone think that all the media attention to Tebow(which I am soooooo tired of) is actually helping the Packers? Instead of the undefeated Packers being talked about 24/7, ESPN as well as NFL Network continues to pour on the Tebow love. Every show starts off with Tebow instead of Green Bay and it seems like some of the pressure might actually by lifted off of Green Bay since Denver is getting so much attention. Idk how much players pay attention to the media, but do you guys think the Tebow attention is helping us somewhat fly under the radar? (I don't know if this has been brought up on here but if it has please merge this.)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Good point. GB should be getting mad media attention, we are SB champs with an undefeated streak going on. What more does a team have to do? But on the other paw, all that media attention can be distracting. Let them haunt Tebow all they want, meanwhile the Pack just keeps rolling through opponents. :)

3. Ceodore

Ceodore Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +212
    Yes, flying under the radar keeps a team or player humble and can also put a chip on their shoulder, giving them something to prove.

4. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442
    There are Tebow threads lurking around here, but yours is a bit different as it involves the Packers and the media. I personally wouldn't merge it into any of the already existing Tebow threads as this thread is unique and the day we have to make an official Tebow/ sticky thread on here is the day I run my eyes through with red hot pokers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CarolinaPackerFan

Ratings:
    +52
    Haha unfortunately that sticky will probably happen soon enough. I searched "Tebow" and there was about half a million posts so i was too lazy to look through them

6. Bullitt_007

Bullitt_007 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    It's a blessing that the media is focused on Tebow. I'm sure all the Packer coaches and players are loving it. The media continually brings up the "perfect season" story and the Packers don't like talking about it much. The less the Packers are in the news for making a perfect season run, the better. Good for Tebow, good for the Packers.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Arrrrrrrrhhhhhhhggggggg!!!!!!! I sure hope not. :sick:

8. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I already am sick of all the hype we're getting.... and yes that's despite tons of media on Tebow.
    So if he's taking some of the media hype from us, that's good.

I'd love to go 16-0.
    But I really really would love to win the Super Bowl period. That's the only goal left that matters really.
    The perfect season is some yummy icing on the cake.
    Name all the teams who have repeated:
    New England, Dallas, Pittsburgh, San Fran, and us SB1 & 2 right?
    Would we be the only ones to have 2 repeats?

• Like Like x 1
  9. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +120
    Tebow winning is kind of a big deal, especially the way it happens. What I believe is that everyone, even the media, just expects us to win. That's pretty humbling.

10. greenNyellow

greenNyellow Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19
    When a team is 13-0 and hasn't lost a game in over a year it should be talked about 24/7. But it is not and I honestly don't care and I think many fans and players would agree with me. Tebow can keep getting all the attention but if this team does go 19-0 and wins a super bowl it will be remembered forever in history. Let Tebow get all the attention and lets keep winning. What everyone wants in football is the Lombardi trophy. If we can win it w/o losing a game all season we will have our place in history and no one can take that away.

11. Bullitt_007

Bullitt_007 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Best case scenario...

Tebow keeps winning
    Packers keep winning

Packers beat the Broncos in the Super Bowl! That would be awesome my friends!

• Like Like x 1
  12. CarolinaPackerFan

Ratings:
    +52
    If Tebow makes the Super Bowl, nobody besides him should even show up for media day.

• Like Like x 1
  13. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    Some media fell Tebow,can get into s.b. I think there are teams that can stop Tebow in company,and they can stay focused on him but when we win it all I hope the media falls all over the pack.

14. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,626
    You missed Denver and the Dolphins. Pitt won two skipped two then won two more. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_champions Didn't know that Denver lost 3 out of 4 at one stretch. Could be worse and run Buffaloes 0-4 streak.

15. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Our Packers seldom seem to get the media attention they deserve. Their Super Bowl victory was over shadowed by the lock out. Now Tebow & his miracle win (aka Marion Barber fumble) are taking center stage. Blah, blah, blah.. Timmy T-Bag (hope you don't mind I used that, ForgetFavre)

• Like Like x 1
  16. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Frankly, I don't care what the talking heads babble about anyway. Not being the center of attention just doesn't bother me. I figure we'll get plenty of it when we go to Indy this year, preferably at 18-0.

17. PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +187
    I listen to the Dan Patrick Show frequently and their poll question yesterday had Tim Tebow beating our Perfect Season thus far as best story of the year. At first I was a little miffed as it's a total lack of respect for what we've accomplished compared to what the defense of Denver has done, but then I reassessed. Anything that takes the pressure off the Pack is good indeed. Forever the Underdogs, and I like it that way :)

18. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    I don't give one fruit fly's fart what the media thinks.
    I don't play for the Packers but I'd be surprised if anybody is worried on that team about media scrutiny or pressure. They are methodical, surgical and deadly. I've had streaks at work and everybody in the place knows about it. I approach every single event the same. The streaks end of course, as they all do. But records are made to be broken.
    Does anybody here on this forum really, honestly think that nobody will ever have a perfect season? The Patriots almost did, I'm only relieved that they left it for the Green Bay Packers.
    Once and for all, other franchises and their fans will bow to the glory of the greatest football club in the history of the NFL.
    Tim Tebow??????? lol

“Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.”
    Vince Lombardi

• Like Like x 2
  19. CarolinaPackerFan

Ratings:
    +52
    I love the Dan Patrick Show! It's so much better than anything ESPN in the morning.

20. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
    :cool:

21. Eric87

Eric87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +39
    I'm sure the Seahawks fans and Redskins fans are super sad for us Packer fans not getting enough media attention. Gimme a break.

The purpose of winning a Super bowl or going undefeated is not so Mark Schlereth and Herm Edwards can slurp you on TV.

22. PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +187
    haha RealCal I hope you're laughing at the idiots who picked Tebow over us and not me :p

23. PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +187
    I do too! Did you hear Fritzy's Monday Night Football theme song on this past Monday? I almost fell off my chair at work :roflmao:

24. North44

North44 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +33
    Yes, I've been thinking that it is a good thing for the Pack. Takes the focus, hype, and thus some pressure off of them. The stories about Tebow have been driving me crazy too but I just keep telling myself that it might be for the good of the Packers. lol

Oh, and I don't even want the Packers talked about 24/7 either- it's just that Tebow gets SO MUCH airtime, it's ridiculous!

25. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    Before we dwell too much on how the Packers aren't getting their due in the media, a quick quiz. Who said the following on a nationally broadcast TV show? 'Guys, we are watching greatness. In my opinion, no team has been greater. You know what? You can pick and say well, the defense (is not great). They have never trailed in the fourth quarter in these 18 games. You are going to give up some yards. They take the ball away. You are watching the greatest team in football history unfold before our eyes. Let's enjoy it. Let's embrace it.' Most of you know it was none other than Bill Cower who made that statement. Even as a life-long Packer fanatic I think that's hyperbole. IMO they aren't the greatest NFL team YET. If they finish this season perfect, then they have to be in that discussion IMO. OTOH, on Inside the NFL last night the consensus was the Tebow story is the biggest story of the year with the Packers perfect season a close second. However, Collinsworth chimed in with something like, 'If the Packers go undefeated and win the Super Bowl they have to be considered as the best team ever'.

I think the attention on Tebow can only help the Packers. But more important than what I think; on this week's 'Tuesdays with Aaron', Jason Wilde asked Rodgers about this and Rodgers said he does think the media attention before and at the beginning of the season on the Eagles and now the attention Tebow is getting helps the Packers fly somewhat under the radar. Ultimately as the Packers get closer and closer to a perfect season no other story is going to diminish its significance. That reminds me of something I read and heard referenced right after McCarthy became head coach. It was recently mentioned in a story on the Packers director of research, Mike Eayrs.
    LINK

The Packers had just come off a 4-12 disaster and were about to embark on a mediocre 8-8 season and in the first meeting with the team the new HC says the biggest problem will be handling success! Now this doesn't rise to the level of Lombardi's first meeting with his QBs, which caused an obscure QB named Starr to call his wife and excitedly say, 'We are going to win!' The team Lombardi took over had just experienced a decade of futility. But McCarthy's statement is quite remarkable as we view it hindsight.

Back to Tebow: I like the national attention he's getting for two reasons. First because it is an obvious example of how in spite of our politically correct society, it's OK in many quarters to bash Christians and Christianity. Imagine if Tebow were an open proponent of any other religion; the open hatred toward him would not be tolerated by the main stream press. Instead today we read or hear of a Rabbi writing that if Tebow leads his team to a Super Bowl victory, Christians will burn down Mosques. The other reason I like the story is it is obviously getting under the skin of those who hate. You see evidence of that on this board as some posters can't resist the urge to call Tebow names.

• Like Like x 1