1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

McNabb traded to Redskins!!!

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by ivo610, Apr 4, 2010.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,097
  2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,097
    Let the Favre vikings packers comparisons begin.

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,097
    The last Eagles Qb to be traded to the Redskins? HOFer Sonny Jurgenson.

4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Wow... What a move. He never won anything, but to reinforce your opponent DIRECTLY like that?

It may be a bad thing for us. Before, the Redskins could've picked Clausen, now they're almost certain to pick a LT. If Okung goes to the Lions, then it's going to escalate in a way that we might not have anyone to pick at LT with the 23rd... Though I doubt it.

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,097
    They could still pick a QB, in fact it might be the smart thing to sit a QB for 2 years. Let McNabb take the beating while the kid learns the system.

I am worried about us being stuck at our position in the draft if we plan on taking a tackle with the first pick. We might be reaching at our spot in the draft. Maybe ted will trade up

6. Sunshine885500

Sunshine885500 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +49
    Eagles Trade McNabb within Division

The Eagles did what the Packers wouldn't & maximized their return for McNabb. What do you think!

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5055346"]Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins reach agreement on Donovan McNabb trade - ESPN@@AMEPARAM@@http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5055398@@AMEPARAM@@5055398[/ame]

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,097
    Already covered under news section of Fourm

8. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    Nice catch ivo610! I remember Sonny playing for the 'skins, and reading about Lombardi after he went there, he though Sonny had one of the best arms in the league too.

Of course no one could keep up with Sonny after hours...well, except maybe Hourning & McGee!

9. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    HAHAHA LMAO, Time to wind my step bro up about this :D

10. DILLIGAFF

DILLIGAFF Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    It is almost certain that the Redskins will pick a LT with their pick if one is there worthy of a first round selection.

They were desperate enough to go after Clifton, a 34 year old with maybe a year left.

Thats another LT gone off the board by the time we pick at 23.

I am liking the idea of trading down if I am TT.

11. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    I was thinking the exact same thing. If they were seriously looking at Clifton then it shows how desperate they are for a tackle. Oh well, I never believed that we had a chance at Okung, Bulaga or Williams anyway.

12. DILLIGAFF

DILLIGAFF Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Although if Jimmy Clausen who the Redskins were likely to pick drops to the Raiders (8th) or Bills (9th) who were both projected to select LTs with their picks both need a starting QB, thus a LT would drop in the draft.

Seattle and Cleveland hold the 6th and 7th selections who may pick Jimmy Clausen, but are not in need of a LT.

13. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,018
    The Interceptor has to be smiling. The Vikes would have signed McNabb if the traitor had re-re-retired. Now, he will continue his game of "will he/won't he" until training camp making sure the Vikes have no other option than to give him a hefty raise, say to 18 or 20 million guaranteed for him to return to the game that he plays because "dagnabbit, I love it." What a guy.

14. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    Yup.....and the guys name is Okung. Betcha he will be in a Redskins uniform next year. I don't think its going to affect us to much though.

15. Oklahoma_Packer

Oklahoma_Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19

Can't wait to see how this plays out for these teams. If I remember correctly, we play both Philly and Washington this upcoming season.

16. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    One thing has skipped me from all this. With a QB, there's 0 chance that the Redskins pick Jimmy Clausen. If the Bills don't pick him at 9, he could free fall.

It's a long shot, but if he somehow lands in Minnesota, I don't even want to think about it...

17. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    I am pretty sure the Skins will pick Okung with that 4th pick. Also......I hope the Skins kick the eagles *** twice this year.