McKenzie's New Deal helps Saints and Rosenhaus

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McKenzie deal link

The market price of a CB in the NFL has changed since McKenzie's old deal. The new deal as I see it.

McKenzie gets 1,470,000 more over the next 2 years than his contract with the Packers with most of salary guaranteed.

One has to subtract the loss of pay and fines from last year and Rosenhaus cut of the new contract.

The Saints get approximately 2 million it cap relief for 05 and 1 million in 06.

Bottom line - McKenzie gains under 1 million over 3 years(04-06) or 330,000 a year. The 330K is less than 10% of 05 contract and 8% of 06 old contract.
He gains a reputation.

He plays for the Saints in New Orleans rather than for the Packers in Green Bay.

The Saints and Rosenhaus are ahead.

The Packers have a younger Nick Collins which will save 6 million over McKenzie's deal in 05 and 06 but went without a player in 04. The play of Collins will determine how much ahead the Packers are ahead in this.

Was all the fuss worth it?
You make the call.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
He wanted out of GB more than anything else, he got what he wanted. For him the fuss was apparently worth it.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope Collins pans out so we get something worthwhile out of the trade too.

McKenzie had marginal speed to begin with. It will be interesting to see if he remains good enough to play out his contract, or if he slows down the way Antonio Freeman did for us after signing his extension.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
He wanted out of GB more than anything else, he got what he wanted. For him the fuss was apparently worth it.
If I were him I would rather be in Green Bay, look at it you are in a nicer town and not only that you are playing for a class orginization, and oh yeah I think the Packers have a better chance of winning than do the Saints.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's just like seymour. he got like a million bucks to come to camp or however it worked out. that's nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Members online

Latest posts