1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

McGinn’s rating of the Packers @ Seahawks

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by TJV, Sep 6, 2014.

1. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    McGinn agrees with some here that it was a mistake to avoid Sherman.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  2. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +630
    It was an informative evaluation from McGinn as always. i also picked up on his comments about Clinton-Dix, which gives me some hope, considering he didn't have much good to say about any of the other safeties including Burnett.

I also found his comments about Rodgers very noteworthy. Yes, Rodgers' throws were off, but there's something more about his play style that I find worrying. I can't really point to any thing in particular. McGinn mentioned that Rodgers could have scrambled for good yardage twice and chose to throw it instead. In 2010 and 2011 Rodgers was the best QB in the league, in 2012 and 2013 I don't think you can make that case. Of course last year's injury kept him from that.

3. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,709
    I take issue with his rating of the OL. After the initial possession where Lacy had a couple decent runs (24 of the 80 rush yards were on the first 3 plays of the game), there was little good to say about the run game. Letting Bobby Wager own the second level earns minus points, Bulaga injury not withstanding. Further, assigning a rating based on a "pre-injury" assessment is lame. When one of the touted strengths of this team, "depth" such as it is, fails, it should go into the rating.

As for Daniels, guys who charge around saying, "I'm going to be a leader", rarely become one. I got a kick out of the D. Jones "tower of power" quip...he continues to look like "just a guy"...not a bad guy, mind you...but just a guy nonetheless. That's a not bad thing if he were not a first round pick and surrounded by other "just guys".