1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

McCarthy says

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by yooperfan, Apr 16, 2006.

1. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    According to Tro, most fans are upset about this and want a decision however.

I agree with what you say Musscy but obviously TT does not see this as effecting the team.

You are correct about a Phantom Deadline and TT knowing Brett is going to decide before then BUT if TT really needed to know for the benefit of the team he would surely find some way to pressure Brett into a decision. Setting a deadline of July 27th is about the worst way to force him into this decision.

It is very possible that just maybe TT meant what he said about him approaching the off-season the same either way.

2. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    they are. they went into this offseason with the mindset that AR would be the starter this year. and that was, in my opinion, the right move. it wouldn't have changed either way.

3. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    They are doing all the right things concerning brett... semi pushing with false deadlines so that they look ok on their end, all the while brett knows how much these deadlines mean.

Bretts coming back, dont freak out... its way too late now for him to retire. TT knows this and probally knows BF is comin back. Just holding off until after the draft to announce, so that our picks look more appealing because we might take a QB.

4. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    alRIGHT - i've got it & i'm NOT afraid to use it!!! :whip: :moon:
    :beersign:

5. route25

route25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :beer: :pals: :mug: :chug: :packbeer:

6. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would of thought that 15 years of playing your *** off and bringing back the glory to lambeau wouldve been able to earn your time. But not according to you people.

7. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

they're IGNORING us, route25!!! how DARE they!?!?!?!? :roll: :wink:

8. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, you would think GoPack, but some fans are impatient and try to twist things into a Brett hurting the team thing to justify it.

It's crystal clear to most of us on here, but some live in this big "conspiracy, he's saying this but means that" world.

It's sad to see some "so-called" Packer fans turn on Brett by insinuating he would try to jeopardize this season for GB. I have been trying to debate this with them but everytime you back them in a corner they run off and post "Favre is hurting this team" over and over again in every other thread.

9. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  10. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I do not think most people think along the lines that Brett is intentionally bending the Packers over the barrel. Most recognize retirement, especially at the young age of 36, is a VERY serious decision that warrants some time and consideration. That said, it is foolish not to acknowledge that his taking this much time DOES alter how the team conducts itself during this period leading up to and beyond the draft, and how the organization is perceived by potential FAs. It is not necessarily a good or bad thing...just a thing.

From my perspective, TT has done a fine job of allowing Brett the time he needs, and Brett is taking the time afforded to make this very significant decision.

11. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am not denying taht this retirement thing affects the franchise because it does. However to say that it is screwing us over is ridiculous.