1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

McCarthy presser.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Packerlifer, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +518
  2. Sanguine camper

Sanguine camper Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +200
    I don't think the magnitude of the epic choke may have set in so McCarthy can be excused for the cliches and platitudes

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Zartan

Zartan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +293
    At this point I could careless what he said...

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,296
    He should've said Go Buckeyes!! urban can show you how to keep your team focused for 60 minutes Mike!

5. melvin dangerr

melvin dangerr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +135
    Saw his interview Bostics ***** was a BIG ONE, but inches from the goal line was left out of the choke speech

6. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,746
    What would Lombardi say?

7. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,296
    What
    the hell is goin on out there??!!

8. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +441
    Lombardi wouldn't have to say anything because he never would of let this happen.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,296
    image.jpg About sums it up

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    Losing a "won" game is tough in the regular season; it's excruciating in a championship game. It’s easy to overreact in the wake of a game like yesterday’s but I’ve got to say I was surprised at how well the D played for most of that game. If Bostic either blocks, which was his assignment, or grabs the ball which hit the palms of his hands, the Packers win. If Clinton-Dix knocks down the two-point conversion, the Packers win. Who knows how the game proceeds if Clinton-Dix catches what would have been a third INT that bounced off of both of his hands?
    I’m not sure how you meant this and of course no one knows but I have an idea what he would have said about kicking those field goals near the goal line. As almost all of us know, Lombardi lost exactly one championship game, his first. The game ended with Chuck Bednarik refusing to let Jimmy Taylor up at the Eagles’ 22 yard line as time expired. The Packers lost 17-13 and earlier in the game Lombardi decided to go for it on fourth down twice deep in Eagles territory (at least once as the result of an Eagles’ turnover). Obviously, if they would have kicked either FG successfully, they only would have needed another to win the title. What did Lombardi say after the game?
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/07/sports/football/07eagles.html?pagewanted=2

He also more famously said ‘We’ll never lose another championship game’ and of course they didn’t. BTW, not that this will salve the fresh wound from yesterday but that 1960 game was the last NFL championship/Super Bowl the Eagles won.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +441
    I was there. There was "blood in the air" and "blood on the ground". The Seattle police telling there fans, "it was over". I have it on video and MM ****** up my movie and cost us a "CHAMPIONSHIP". I am trying to keep my composure but MM blew this game. I can only speak from a player standpoint that when your coach starts to show "No Confidence" in you it affects the whole mental state of the team. It becomes a "Domino Effect. "Clinton-Dix goes from a guy playing at "Charles Woodson Level" to looking "STUPID" on a two point conversion.

That's what we saw. "DOMINO'S." How else can a team that dominates basically for 56 minutes just fall apart like that. This **** goes against everything that they say is "Green Bay Packer Football."

My cousin and our fans traveled for this game MM and you blew it. I've been a Packer fan since birth and I can't say I have ever been this disappointed with a "GIVEAWAY." What makes it worse is these Seattle "bandwagon dudes" think there **** smells so great.

We have a young team and we will respond but MM if your to scared to make calls in big games then step down. You gave lombardi a "heart attack" in his grave. On top of that you made this "joke show seahawks" look like "Champions."

12. TJV

Ratings:
    +4,176
    So McCarthy instructed Bostic to try to catch the ball instead of doing his job? Did he instruct Clinton-Dix to drop that INT or not cover on the two-point conversion? Nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +441
    No. I don't think that was instructed by MM. I do Not. MM has his people in place so yes it his job. These are simple fundamentals. TT brought all this talent to this roster and MM has massive ammunition and cant win.

Your missing the point. We have a young team on the road. The more you give them the more there going to take. The Seahawks have db's holding shoulders to there chest. This is utter embarrassment.

14. MadCat

MadCat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +56
    His standing at the podium obstinately refusing to own up to anything, while pointing his finger at the players is shabby.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,746
    Well, at least one other poster got it. I have no problem with kicking those FGs. 4th. and 1 at the opponent's 35, had that occurred, would be another matter.

First there was the defense's premature celebration. Then when it was clear the game was not over the defense could not get their heads back into it. It goes to mental approach, playing to the gun.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +173
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +630
  18. TJV

Ratings:
    +4,176
    Of course McCarthy, some of his staff, and some of the players share in the responsibility. But I think Ted Thompson is free and clear on this one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. DaveRoller

DaveRoller Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +117
    +1.

McCarthy gets a free pass with the local press.

With the national press paying attention, his flippant response about having no regrets about anything that occurred yesterday makes him look like a buffoon. The narrative around the country is that McCarthy is riding ARod's coattails.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. pacmaniac

pacmaniac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +120
    MM is turning us into the Atlanta Braves of the 1990s. So much talent, and only one championship to show for it. All other years result in underachievement and heartbreak.

21. AKCheese

AKCheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +146
    Movin on

22. ThePerfectBeard

ThePerfectBeard Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +224
    OMG! Please don't say this... I'm a braves fan :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. Charles Fischbein

Charles Fischbein Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    This was one 0f the worst coached games I have ever seen. McCarthy had NO faith in his team, two field goal attempts from inside the five yard line and closer. He may have just said to them give up now guys. Coaches have been fired for much less. I say get rid of him and find a new coach who has faith in his team, top management should make a statement that when you have top talent you turn them loose, you do not deflate them. Yes the onside kick was a disaster, but if the Packers would have gotten just one TD on the two field goal attempts the game would have been won. It was a slap in the face of his team for putting in the field goal unit so early in the game. I live in Northern Virginia and have seen what happened to the Redskins when coaches give up on their teams, I fear this disaster will hurt the faith the players have in their coach, time to shop for a new one. I hope to see someone new coaching next season.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. pacmaniac

pacmaniac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +120
    MM will never be fired. His fluke SB win in 2010 gives him lifetime immunity. The Packers culture is to stick with your own guys, don't bring in outsiders. That's also why TT rarely signs free agents.

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,296
    That's because he is. He fell into a good situation when TT hired him. I think any coach could've won with the 2010 team as they were inspired and on a mission. Again, overrated play caller and below average in making in game adjustments. If Harbaugh can get shown the door so can Mike. Man I wish urban Meyer was the HC here. This offense wouldn't be 10 it would be in the top 5.