McCarthy is 18th most aggressive on 4th down

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy is also the current head coach of the reigning championship team. At this point, just about everything he does must be right.

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am fine with him about in the middle. I would like to see the stats of teams that taks deep shots on 3rd and short. We do that all the time. That, to me, shows more aggression than running it up the middle on 4th and 1 which is probably what 75% of these plays are.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am fine with him about in the middle. I would like to see the stats of teams that taks deep shots on 3rd and short. We do that all the time. That, to me, shows more aggression than running it up the middle on 4th and 1 which is probably what 75% of these plays are.
He got more creative in the playoffs, but I still remember the first vikings game where he ran Kuhn up the middle for a sucessful 4th and 1, and then, facing another 4th and 1, he ran the exact same play, for obvious loss of downs.

I like to believe that he did that to set up teams in the playoffs, so they would think that he was predictable and dumb, only to surprise them with a playaction.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It is my suspicion the deep shot is more on Aaron than McCarthy. Almost every pass play has at least 1 deep/home run route if only to keep the defense honest and keep the short routes uncluttered.

Making the throw is Rodger's decision.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Mike, he is my fave coach in the NFL. Of course I am biased. The dude is waiting for the big shiny championship ring to slip on his hand, say no more.

Members online

Latest posts