McCarthy has lost 7 games in the playoffs, 5 of them on the last play.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean no disrespect, but with that type of logic, then the playcaller is never at fault. Stop blaming the players, it is time to start blaming the tired scheme. Creativity was needed and none was shown.

I'd argue that execution is far more important than anything else. If a guys open and either drops the ball or the pass is off the mark that doesn't mean the problem was the scheme. On fact it's the opposite. The scheme worked perfectly. The execution was what failed

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our defense was playing well all game, and our offense was moving the ball. I don't think there was any need to go all in on a 2pt conversion. I liked our chances in OT, but they really **** the bed on that one. They were playing a good team, and they played them well, on both sides of the ball. It wasn't perfect, there were plays left to be made, but GB played a a good game against a very good offense and defense.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hindsight is always 20/20. If he went for 2 and didn't make it he would have been crucified for going for 2.

I don't know why people keep saying this, obviously yes, just like any other tough call ever made.

I was calling for us to do it at the time, so for me that's not hindsight.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our defense was playing well all game, and our offense was moving the ball.

Why do people keep saying this? The Cardinals never punted in the 2nd half. After the HHCD pick, they moved the ball at will. Drives of 74, 59, and 80 yards. They had clearly adjusted. Between the first scoring drive of the 2nd half and the miracle drive we had managed just 2 first downs. In terms of ball movement, the tides had clearly shifted and things didn't look great headed into OT in that regard.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's time to start looking for who will be MM replacement. I don't think that person is in house right now. But maybe let's look for that person who has potential to be a head coach and can be a coordinator for us in the mean time.

Daryl Muellenberg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know why people keep saying this, obviously yes, just like any other tough call ever made.

But it is a lot easier for people to justify going for 2 in this situation. The way our short yardage offense has been all year, going for 2 was way more risky than kicking the extra point and going to OT. I guess what I'm trying to say is that MM should not be questioned for not going for 2 in this case.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I can see good reasons to go for two and good reasons not to. It's not clear either way.

Daryl Muellenberg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was oc in NE from 2012 till now.. This was after his hc stint in Denver as hc

Not sure why you think Josh McDaniels wasn't there in 2014

I never said he wasn't with NE. You said you thought we would of beat the Pats in 2014 with Josh calling the plays, and I just pointed out we beat them without Josh calling OUR plays. I assume you were referring to GB as the previous post mentioned that they thought we would be much better with Josh call our (GB) plays.

Edit: after rereading your original post I think I misunderstood you. It appears that you were saying you thought that we beat NE in 2014 when Josh was calling NE's plays, which is true. I took it to mean we could have beaten NE in 2014 if Josh was calling our plays. Sorry.

Last edited:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM called a run on 1st down 60% of the time last night. It got stuffed or lost yards 55% of the time smh. The play where Rodgers missed (I think it was Janis) on the flag route was the fact Janis broke his route off deeper than what Rodgers anticipated. That was an easy touchdown missed. Red zone woes cost us the game. The Packers are were a terrible red zone team this year. Period

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Lets look at 2nd half

Pack 1st drive ended as an int

Packers get Td
Packers punt
Packers punt

Packers turn over on 4th down
Then hail mary

Cards series

Cards 1st drive end as an int
Cards get fg
Then Carson throws int
Cards td
Cards go 6 yards for FG---blame on offense--offense gets a few 1st downs ---who knows if they even get a fg

do what you want with that info, but to me, the offense really struggled and if they have one long drive, even if they dont score-- I dont see the Cards coming back at all

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But it is a lot easier for people to justify going for 2 in this situation. The way our short yardage offense has been all year, going for 2 was way more risky than kicking the extra point and going to OT. I guess what I'm trying to say is that MM should not be questioned for not going for 2 in this case.
Wrong. While the Packers short yardage offense is bad it's still better than a 10 percent chance of success. The Packers have won one of 10 OT games under MM. Going for two is just going with the odds. It's logical

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wrong. While the Packers short yardage offense is bad it's still better than a 10 percent chance of success. The Packers have won one of 10 OT games under MM. Going for two is just going with the odds. It's logical

The results of previous OT games under MM have no bearing on the outcome of OT yesterday.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

11 drives---5 scoring drives 45%

or 54% of the time Cards didnt score

What were odds again of visiting team making a 2 pt? 48%?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets look at 2nd half

Packers get Td
Packers punt
Packers punt

Then hail mary

Cards series
Cards get fg

Then Carson throws int
Cards td

Cards go 6 yards for FG---blame on offense--offense gets a few 1st downs ---who knows if they even get a fg

do what you want with that info, but to me, the offense really struggled and if they have one long drive, even if they dont score-- I dont see the Cards coming back at all

Of course the offense struggled. They struggled all year due to injuries, then had even more injuries on top of that.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do you know that there aren't any such people here, if given the opportunity and resources?

Because if anyone in here was qualified to be an NFL coach, they would have the drive, determination, and commitment to become an NFL coach and would never be posting on this forum board. You are not given anything in this world, you have to earn it.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bad coaches don't have their teams in a position to lose 5 of 7 playoff games on the last play. Bad coaches don't make it to 7 seasons let alone 7 playoffs.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because if anyone in here was qualified to be an NFL coach, they would have the drive, determination, and commitment to become an NFL coach and would never be posting on this forum board. You are not given anything in this world, you have to earn it.

What if life circumstances had precluded such an opportunity? What if they just weren't interested?
I've often said that the best QB to ever play never played; his interests were elsewhere besides football.
Example: My nephew is an incredibly gifted natural athlete- who has no interest at all in sports. He's geared towards computers and the arts.
There seems to be this idea that the guys in the NFL coaching and front office positions are the only ones in the world who can do it, as if they were some God like beings with special powers and were privy to special secret words that us mere mortals couldn't begin to understand. It's if that's your goal and focus, and if you have the opportunity, then you get the shot.
I don't know where "You are not given anything in this world, you have to earn it " comes in, but believe me, there isn't anyone on this planet who knows or understands that better than me.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets look at 2nd half

Packers get Td
Packers punt
Packers punt

Then hail mary

Cards series
Cards get fg

Then Carson throws int
Cards td

I've seen fans complaining that the Cardinals didn't punt at all in the second half. If only we would have dropped those 2 interceptions maybe they would have. I'll take an interception over a forced punt any day.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But the great ones get it done.

Every time? I know what you are saying but even the great ones lose on occasion. I'd rather have a guy that got me there every year with a chance to win than a guy who has a chance to get me there. If we can get a guy that gets us there every year and then gets it done then fine but the odds are against it.

Players still have to make plays

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts