McCARTHY GOES WILDE

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
from PFT.com

In too many cities, the local beat writers keep their noses in the hind quarters of the teams they cover. In Green Bay, new Packers coach Mike McCarthy could be forcing it.

An industry source tells us that McCarthy recently -- and loudly -- dressed down Jason Wilde of the Wisconsin State Journal, in the presence of other writers. Per the source, McCarthy wasn't happy with Wilde's story suggesting that cornerback Al Harris isn't happy with his contract.

The thinking is that McCarthy was trying to send a message to the other beat writers by chewing on Wilde. Here's hoping that it backfires, and that it makes the local media in and around Green Bay less likely to nuzzle crotch and more likely to kick *** when it comes to getting at the truth, and exposing it for the consumption of the football-following public.

haha thats funny

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love McCarthy. He is doing everything right(imo).

I just really hope he can get it done on Sundays.

edit - i was hoping this topic was going to be about mccarthy doing ****** things at spring break. :wink:

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just like PFT.com. Even though the reporting may be wrong, they still want them to "kick ***".

I'm surprised more coaches don't blackball reporters when they print incorrect info.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah i came in here not so much for ****** curiosity but i thought maybe he beat someones *** ... he seems like hes gonna be that coach on sportscenter reaching across the podium to choke out a beat writer who asked him a touchy question...

but a wet t-shirt would have been just as nice.

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell, he looks like he's pissed with every question they ask anyway. And well, they do ask some dumb questions (well, when I can actually hear the questions they're asking). I usually have to decypher what their question was by the answer given.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is McCarthy an opposing coach or something? Why is this in Smack forum now?

Twilight Zone...last I checked McCarthy was the coach of the Packers(But i havent checked in a while, to be honest).

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I love McCarthy. He is doing everything right(imo).

I just really hope he can get it done on Sundays.

edit - i was hoping this topic was going to be about mccarthy doing ****** things at spring break. :wink:

I thought it meant he was going to become a gay Victorian writer.
Hammer

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
smack area?

this is Packer news baby!

AGREED -- and with DePack's posting, too!

Is there video of this? Anyone?
If there is, we need it permanently available at all times, right here on PF.com

JMHO - but, Sports Writeers today, are probably just as bad at sticking with the truth as most of the mainstream media. The four-letter constantly gets it wrong or builds mountains outta nuthin' just fer fun....

If these guys wish to retaliate - it's the Cheesehead's prerogative to respond with our own wit, when (say) PackersNews.com does one of those Chat deals with the fans - or even write in to Packer Report DOT com and let TODD know what we think - he'd post it - that much I do know.....

The Sports Writers do NOT run the Show - they're "supposed to" only report it - not lead it and censor it for preferential treatment. The guys in Philly do that all the time, and they are NOT as well liked as they pretend out that way, either. (Man, you oughta hear Czabe rip 'em a new one almost every day....).

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate sports writers

PS - my new PF.COM article will be up soon

And don't forget to check out my sports blog!

(LOL)

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
arrowgargantuan said:
smack area?

this is Packer news baby!

AGREED -- and with DePack's posting, too!

Is there video of this? Anyone?
If there is, we need it permanently available at all times, right here on PF.com

JMHO - but, Sports Writeers today, are probably just as bad at sticking with the truth as most of the mainstream media. The four-letter constantly gets it wrong or builds mountains outta nuthin' just fer fun....

If these guys wish to retaliate - it's the Cheesehead's prerogative to respond with our own wit, when (say) PackersNews.com does one of those Chat deals with the fans - or even write in to Packer Report DOT com and let TODD know what we think - he'd post it - that much I do know.....

The Sports Writers do NOT run the Show - they're "supposed to" only report it - not lead it and censor it for preferential treatment. The guys in Philly do that all the time, and they are NOT as well liked as they pretend out that way, either. (Man, you oughta hear Czabe rip 'em a new one almost every day....).

Great post IPB....true, true :!:

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Must have been aadp, it wasn't me.

AADP is this a smack thread? Otherwise move it back slacker!

NiVeK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I hate sports writers

PS - my new PF.COM article will be up soon

And don't forget to check out my sports blog!

(LOL)

I don't hate them, they're just doing their jobs. With little to talk about they tend to ask stupid questions. Coaches hate this cuz it's a waste of their god d@mn time. I'd be angry too all the time if I were a head coach.

DeusNova

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Just like PFT.com. Even though the reporting may be wrong, they still want them to "kick ***".

I'm surprised more coaches don't blackball reporters when they print incorrect info.
Excellent post.

Members online

Latest posts