McCarthy era off to an awful start

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
tromadz said:
Chamuko said:
tromadz said:
damn negative nancy, whats your beef with the guy?

Trom:

Just look at the guy and tell me are you OK with him as HC?

You are the biggest TT backer

Hes 0-2. Relax. He is a ROOKIE COACH. Jennings made rookie mistakes last week and this week, but our ROOKIE coach is supposed to coach like a hall of famer in midseason form? are you serious or delirious? (that was awesome, im copyrighting that)

and what does TT have to do with MM? Hes a new\rookie coach. He's 0-2. Fire him? thats stupid, and AADP tells you why.

Rookie coach?

So is Childress...

Childress was actually TT's top choice. Childress chose the vikings over the Packers because he felt it was a better place to go to and win. He was scheduled to visit with the Packers a couple days later but called them and informed them he would be a no show due to taking the Vikings job.

So Childress made a decision to go to Minnesota and so far it was a good call on his part.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
What does that tell you?

I know what it tells me..

Tells me that Childress chose a 9-7 team who barely missed the playoffs over a 4-12 team who had a top 5 overall pick. Childress is an older guy he probalby wouldn't of gotten another job if he failed on his first try which he definately still could but in this case he made the best move for himself, in he wants to win now as he probably won't coach more than 10 years.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Or.......he thought the Vikings were headed in the right direction while the Packers were not

hence the 9-7 and barely missing the playoffs statement and the 4-12 and the top 5 choice statement.

I agree with Childress. I think it would take a couple years to right the ship in Green Bay where as in Minnesota all he has to do is clean up a mess and make a run. Minnesota after 2 weeks has gone out and beat 2 playoff caliber teams. Next weeks game against Chicago is going to be big.

Members online

Latest posts