Maybe the Pack could get Reggie Bush...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also wonder who TT is considering with his first pick. The thing is, you never know who will really pan out till they are in the league. Then, whoever wanted the Pack to pick that person turns out to look brilliant.
One thing that for certain, the Packers need some taller DB's then Carroll. He gets burned (ala T. Buckley) because of his lack of height.
I just have NO idea who i think will even be around by the 5th pick.
How many "can't miss" picks never make it in the NFL? ALOT!

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
I do not believe Bush or Calhoun will live up to the hype in the pros. Their size may lead to durability issues as every down players.

Why does everyone keep saying this? Bush is 6'0" 200lbs

Lets take a look at a few "small" pros:

LaDainian Tomlinson 5'10" 221lbs
Tiki Barber 5'10" 200lbs
Ahman Green 6'0" 218lbs

Did you see the play last night where Bush Barry Sandered his way around the line, and then bowled over a guy down the sideline?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at the legs...pretty thin for taking shots day in, day out. And really, I am not talking about his power to bowl people over because that is hitting, not being hit. When you hit someone, you are pretty much in control of the situation, when being hit you are not.

Among the small backs you cite, 2 have basically 20 pounds on Bush and are poor examples, and Barber is simply more compact, where Bush is kinda lanky. Any back can handle the ball 25 times in a game and remain healthy...not many can do that every week.

Call me crazy, but in a game where violent hits are the norm, I want a guy with more muscle to function as armor against the hits.

Just my opinion.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure, opinion well taken. I'm just saying a bigger back is no guarantee to remain healthy. Look at guys like Bettis, Alstott, and Duckett..those guys are always hurt...and none of them are "every down" backs. Not to mention the 20lbs you mention wouldn't be that hard to bulk up to over the offseason. And being hit or not being hit, a perfect example of this is Warrick Dunn. He is small and shifty and manages to avoid getting nailed with direct hits. This is how I would envision Bush. And yes, I know Dunn isn't an every down back, which is why my argument was never that Bush would be. I guess my point is that it doesn't matter if he's an every down back, he can/will still be extremely effective.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, Bush has room to bulk up 10 - 20 pounds. But if he does, is he still the very special runner he is at his current weight. My guess is he comes back down into orbit at a higher weight.

Yes, he will be excellent.

carlos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Young is a better athlete than Lienhart, no doubt, but who is actually the better pro prospect? As far as picking any of the players mentioned in this post(realizing draft picks are still a roll of the dice) you can't go wrong on any of those players come draft day. Pick and hope.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digs, Bush is extremely strong up top. He could use a few lb's in his lower body. But did you see the touchdown run he had in the 4th quarter? Those guys on Texas have "pro" speed. I mentioned before, that my daughter is friends with a bunch of the players at ND and they told her they had never seen anything like Reggie Bush. Speed, quickness, strength AND a REAL football player. It wasn't until that run around the end last night that I understood what they meant.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like White and Williams better, and I want us to draft Devin Hester if he's available in the later rounds, he's goooood as a small man, amazing kick/punt returner, and a pretty good wide receiver as well.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Young looked good but the Trojans D is WEAK. It's like playing Mike Vick. GB game planned well and shut him down. The Trojans needed to do that to Young but couldn't contain him at all. The one finger tackle tecnique instilled with the Trojan D was pathetic. Young looked good but said earlier in the week that he was 99% sure he was staying in college. I've always liked White, Bush is unbelievable, the Texans just locked in on Bush and shut him down as much as he could be shut down.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
youngs stock got a boost, reggie and leinart are still 1 and 2 if you ask me though, but our chances of getting AJ Hawk are good i think