Matt Miller's Post-Combine 7 Round Mock - Thoughts/Reactions

Would you be satisfied if this was the Packers actual 2017 Draft?

• Yes

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
So has anyone considered that maybe, just maybe that TT whips out the check book and signs a couple FAs? If TT re-signed Perry and Peppers plus added a new CB would that change the total outlook on this Draft? Maybe that's what Miller is thinking....that because of all the glaring holes in defense there's no way TT can solve this through the Draft and is forced to spend money in FA?
:laugh::roflmao::laugh::roflmao::laugh::roflmao::laugh::roflmao:

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So with Perry re-signed and FA pending in a couple hours, this Mock gets somewhat more interesting....not by too much, but more interesting to say the least.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So with Perry re-signed and FA pending in a couple hours, this Mock gets somewhat more interesting....not by too much, but more interesting to say the least.

I agree with the "not by much" sentiment. Even with Perry, I consider edge rush to be much more important to upgrade in this draft than you'd think based on this guy's mock. Clay is just so disappointing these last few :tdown:

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since TT likes his Veterans on the backend of their career, look out for Elvis Dumervil, I could see TT going after him and Peppers. We could push CM3 inside and let the rookies watch and learn. Fackrell and Martinez should be ready after another year in the wings.

D

Deleted member 6794

Since TT likes his Veterans on the backend of their career, look out for Elvis Dumervil, I could see TT going after him and Peppers. We could push CM3 inside and let the rookies watch and learn. Fackrell and Martinez should be ready after another year in the wings.

I'm not convinced it's a good idea to have Ryan and Martinez learn the inside linebacker position by watching Matthews play there.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't heard of any of those guys but I gotta say I loved your post. Much better than just a "this pick sucks" type of reaction and you give your thoughts on who you would rather have.

I admit that from a need standpoint it doesn't really fit but as we all know Ted will be the first to tell you he doesn't draft for need. As fans we sometimes have a difficult time seeing this. Most mock drafts are made from a need standpoint and this one seems to buck that trend.

If this were to end up being Teds draft I would have to agree with many of you who said they would be disappointed that more pressing needs were not addressed but I couldn't make any judgement based on these players at all. If this was our draft and 4 of these players ended up as pro bowlers for us I'd be very happy with it.

Let me just throw this out there for you though. Ted lets Lang walk, uses the money Lang would cost to sign a top FA Dback or pass rusher (our two biggest needs?) drafts Lamp as an instant Lang replacement. Now it wouldn't be so bad. Of course more likely it will happen that Ted lets lang walk, signs the 15th rated dback or pass rusher and drafts a WR.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I admit that from a need standpoint it doesn't really fit but as we all know Ted will be the first to tell you he doesn't draft for need.

While Thompson says he doesn't draft for need his actions actually seem to indicate differently.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/840205590173536256

Cook just broke off talks with the front office so he's probably gone. The Bucky pick in the 3rd Round now makes more sense.

Cook may have literally just used us to get a payday. He had a good season, showcased what he could do on a team with a real off season, now he's chasing the big pay day. He is 27 I believe, so this is his last shot to cash in probably. I mean think about it, that catch in Dallas? Probably got him and extra 1.5M in bargaining power.

D

Deleted member 6794

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/840205590173536256

Cook just broke off talks with the front office so he's probably gone. The Bucky pick in the 3rd Round now makes more sense.

Cook may have literally just used us to get a payday. He had a good season, showcased what he could do on a team with a real off season, now he's chasing the big pay day. He is 27 I believe, so this is his last shot to cash in probably. I mean think about it, that catch in Dallas? Probably got him and extra 1.5M in bargaining power.

With Cook turning 30 years old in April I don't expect any team to break the bank for him.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Overpay no, but he may be able to up his asking price somewhat. Some players put money before championships and legacy. With his resume Cook certainly isn't making the HOF.

Members online

Latest posts