Mason Crosby

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I could swear some on this board were giving the Vikings a rash of crap because they drafted a kicker. Saying something like it's a wasted draft pick........ or was that another Packer forum?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He still said NO when asked if he's worried about his job.
WTF.
He was the worst kicker in the NFL last year and our worst starting player.

And now this pathetic performance last night, in good weather, at home, against a kid trying it for the first time and feeling big nerves.
Crosby has to go. Most of us said it so many times last year. A few continued to defend him for some reason.

Look, this is a business. Ask Desmond Bishop & Charles Woodson.
Woodson would have stayed with us for a $ less than what we are paying that crap Crosby. WTH?
Bishop might have taken less than what Crosby is getting paid.

How is Mason Crosby NOT worried about his job? What a liar.
He's gotta be out of excuses now> http://packersinsider.com/2013/08/ma...ut-of-excuses/

Deja Vu, or Groundhog Day?
This article is from 9 months ago> http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...by-staying-put

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a post about this exact question
OK, I just did a forum thread creation with CROSBY and with MASON CROSBY in the title, and the page of ALREADY THREADS it showed were all not in the Packer fan forum....... Crosby and Mason Crosby are NOT in this title..... but you should merge them together obviously as we can't b*tch about this guy in a bunch of threads.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The search didn't find the other Crosby thread because "Crosby" is not in the thread title... dammit. Merge them please..... sorry.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

News Bot should stay in the Official Packers.com news where he belongs and stop interfering with members threads.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want one of those other guys so badly!
Anyone, would love one of those 2 rookies or Dan Carpenter.

Think about this: Can you remember a DO-OR-DIE kick that Crosby has ever had that he made?
I can recall one, his first ever game vs Philly in 2007.

Who here could watch if he had a 45-yard FG in the NFC title game vs San Fran, Seattle or Atlanta, with us trailing 30-28, with 1 second left?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Taveccio a decent option? He barely hit from 50 in AUGUST. Have fun watching him struggle from 30 in 3 months.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I could swear some on this board were giving the Vikings a rash of crap because they drafted a kicker. Saying something like it's a wasted draft pick........ or was that another Packer forum?
It is a waste of a pick, or did you forget that the Ravens got a better kicker than yours without spending one?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
It is a waste of a pick, or did you forget that the Ravens got a better kicker than yours without spending one?
Really? Waste of a pick. 10-10 greater than 50 yards is a waste of a pick. And yet Tucker is better, Walsh beat him in every category of kicking last year. From kickoff's to field goals. Wonder why the Packers didn't sign Tucker? Just think, they could have drafted him with their last pick instead of Coleman.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? Waste of a pick. 10-10 greater than 50 yards is a waste of a pick. And yet Tucker is better, Walsh beat him in every category of kicking last year. From kickoff's to field goals. Wonder why the Packers didn't sign Tucker? Just think, they could have drafted him with their last pick instead of Coleman.

Because TT is the GM....ooppps did i say that out loud??:rolleyes:

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Really what's your point? We've drafted a punter and kicker as well. Crosby isn't cutting it right now. Have all your draft picks worked out? How's that Erasmus James guy doing.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Tavecchio was 6 of 7 making field goals with his longest a 53 yarder. His only miss was from 47 yards. His kickoffs were pretty strong also. I do agree we need to cut Crosby and bring in another kicker but Tavecchio isn't a bad option.

I`m with you on this one. Shouldn`t we at least give Tavecchio a chance before we hang the guy out ??

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Kicking in camp scenarios is different than game time. The TC that I was lucky enough to go to was in 2011 and Crosby was wandering around, taking his time, setting up with no stress, no D-linman jumping up, no O-line to kick over, no clock to watch, no crowd noise etc..... there should be NO reason to miss easy FG's during practice or family night scenarios. That is a low stress time. If you keep hooking them or just plain missing them in that time frame, what does that say when the stress is gunna be added? Crosby needs to go, period. His mental block is still there and we can't afford to lose out on another 39 potential points this season.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I agree it’s time for Crosby to go. How can they/we have any confidence in him – he couldn’t even survive a family night scrimmage. I believe waiving him is a positive for the cap and even if it isn’t I’d like to see him waived and someone else brought in to compete with Tavecchio. Ultimately I’d like to see Thompson sign the best PK waived by another team – someone with a stronger leg than Tavecchio. But Tavecchio is definitely a better option than Crosby. I wouldn’t have any confidence in either kicking a long FG when the weather gets cold but at least I’d expect Tavecchio to make the “gimmes”.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crosby has to go. Most of us said it so many times last year. A few continued to defend him for some reason.
You're talking at me again, I know.

I still think that it was the right move to keep him last season, and I was right. The guy did turn things around. However, I'm with most now that he's barely hanging with a camp nobody and just bombed his pre-preseason game. Something isn't right with him anymore. I looked up his marital status. Married in 2008, so that takes one usual thing off of the list. Maybe he got a girlfriend on the side last season?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Really what's your point? We've drafted a punter and kicker as well. Crosby isn't cutting it right now. Have all your draft picks worked out? How's that Erasmus James guy doing.
Point is simple, I was told Walsh was a waste of draft pick. If he such a waste, and if good kickers are so easy to come by, why are the Packers having such a hard time finding a good one? Right now, which player would you have on your team, Tucker, Walsh or Coleman? Two were draft picks, only one was called a wasted pick HyponGrey. After all, how many 6th round QB's besides Brady have worked out in the last 15 years? Packers could have drafted Tucker or Walsh. They knew Crosby wasn't cutting it last year. Oh, wait, I know the answer. The Packers are a QB factory. Train him up and trade him. That's the plan.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Point is simple, I was told Walsh was a waste of draft pick. If he such a waste, and if good kickers are so easy to come by, why are the Packers having such a hard time finding a good one? Right now, which player would you have on your team, Tucker, Walsh or Coleman? Two were draft picks, only one was called a wasted pick HyponGrey. After all, how many 6th round QB's besides Brady have worked out in the last 15 years? Packers could have drafted Tucker or Walsh. They knew Crosby wasn't cutting it last year. Oh, wait, I know the answer. The Packers are a QB factory. Train him up and trade him. That's the plan.

No it's train them up and when we don't want to pay crazy $ let the Vike's snag them. Yeah you guys needed a kicker after Longwell got too old and seem to have got a decent kicker. Congrats or something! We could have taken a lot of guys but I'll take our draft success over yours. :D

HyponGrey can respond to the other crap.:notworthy:

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson nailed it with this. Crosby is done and it's because he's 100% mentally done. For as much of a Ted supporter as I've always been - the biggest beef I do have with him, is the refusal to let disappointing players go - specifically players that he drafted, or is responsible for acquiring, as if it dents his ego, or something. AJ Hawk? Great guy, great team player, never gets in trouble off the field and works his butt off. BUT ... for being the 5th overall pick in the draft? Not a difference-maker. Justin Harrell? Kept on the roster, just to avoiding wasting money. It hurt the team. Mason Crosby. At this point, a detriment to winning. Not good.

I'm going off on a tangent here, a bit, but ... now with the Bulaga injury - Ted's philosophy of building through the draft and the whole draft and develop thing, is all good and in theory, I have no problem with it. But the fact is, Ted has badly bombed on his o-line picks since 2005, with the sole exception of Josh Sitton, who is all-world. All those worthless ZBS prototype track star dudes, were terrible. Darryn Colledge, Jason Spitz, Allen Barbre, etc. These clowns belong shooting a discus or a shot put, far more than they belong on an NFL o-line. To add insult to all of this, he has never drafted a bonafide, franchise center. This is borderline criminal.

Sorry for the rant, but this Crosby situation, is sorta magnifying other things right now. I like Ted and in no way do I want him to leave or get fired. But, he needs to alter his player acquisition philosophy a bit. Get rid of players who do not help you win, and acquire players who do, even if that means dipping into free agency a little bit. We have high hopes for this season, but the magnifying glass is exposing some obvious existing flaws.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree he done here.... new coach different team he may have come back. I do not see one here.

Latest posts