1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Mario Williams

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by GP_1_Again, Feb 27, 2006.

1. GP_1_Again

GP_1_Again Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I like this guys attitude and the fact he really respects and desires to play in Lambeau.

Ooops I didnt realize there was already a thread for Mario...
    [​IMG]

2. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey GP...good to have another Twin Cities based fan on the forum. Are you originally from "The Motherland", or did you grow up on the wrong side of the river? Do you have the NFL package, or do you end up at Gabe's to watch games on Sunday? Welcome to the board.

Hell, man....I would be happy if either Mario or AJ landed in Titletown...but am not averse to trading down if there is a boatload waiting.

3. GP_1_Again

GP_1_Again Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was born in St Paul, Minny but lived in Roberts Wisconsin for about 1 year then moved to Hudson for 2 years. Yes I was born on the wrong side of the river, I love Wisconsin and hope to soon buy a home in Appleton. I never liked the Vikes although my family dug them I grew up hearing about the Chokers and felt bad for my Dad. I actually wasnt a fan of any football until I moved to Roberts (2001) and instantly became a Packer fan, yup had Packer parties galore I was in the thick of it. I love the Packer fans we are one big family.

GO PACK GO!

4. GP_1_Again

GP_1_Again Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Been to Gabe's by the Park once, I like watching the games at The Village in North Hudson better though, they have a nice big TV and the placed is just packed with Great Packer fans! Sorry I kind of got off the topic here this should be in the introductions thread sorry moderator. :oops:

5. BACKIN-PACKIN

BACKIN-PACKIN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi GP,

I like his attitude also. He wants to play in GB and looks to Reggie as his mentor. Sounds like a good formula and fit for GB. Hope we get him.

6. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    A pass rush can make a hell of a diffrence and he can play the run good too plus LB's are easier to come across then true pass rushers

7. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Mario Williams is not a usual commodity

8. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    but why did he suck at the beggining of the season

9. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    to throw off the first 4 teams that might draft him :wink:

10. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I like Mario as well. I think drafting Williams depends on which position GB picks up on the FA market and if they re-sign Kampman. Either way, if Williams or Hawk come to GB it will greatly help the D.

11. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL arrow

12. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Mario Williams should be the first draft pick of the Packers....I know that I was on the AJ Hawk bandwagon but I think with Williams pass rush, you'll see marked improvement with guys like Carroll too.

13. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    HA carroll will never be good

14. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I said "marked improvement", not good.

15. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, because of my age, I may be accused of dreaming. But for some reason I look for Carroll to improve to real respectability this year. We saw some improvement last year, which means that his curve is up, IMO. In any event I'm looking forward to testing my theory.

16. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Most times corner back play is directly related to the D-line. More pressure on the QB more QB misques. Look at Brett he made alot of second rate secondaries look like pro-bowlers. When a QB is rushed and flustered they tend to make bad decisions. If GB can get a good and consistent pass rush Carroll will look all the more better. IMHO

17. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh i know how it relates and i agree but ahmad carroll is just too bad

18. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually think sometimes that Carroll should beef up and be moved to a safety spot. Worked great for Sharper he sucked as a CB

19. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think carroll is hopeless

20. route25

route25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I read somewhere that teams were cut blocking him early in the season, and he had a hard time with that. Once he adjusted, he went on to have a great season.

I like Mario over Hawk, partly because the linebacker position is so deep this year. I think they can take Mario on the 1st round, and still get a very good linebacker on the 2nd round.

Those who think Carroll is terrible will be in for a surprise. Carroll showed considerable improvement, and is still I believe the youngest player on the defense. All of our DB's will look better with an improved pass rush.

21. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think Carroll has great talent, he is still very young (22), and I expect him to improve vastly this year.

22. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah, we'll have to see. Unfortunately, some people here think that if you didn't produce in your first two years, you'll never amount to anything in the NFL....the guy's got all the intangibles to be a good CB in the NFL but he doesn't trust his skills and therefore grabs, holds, etc.

23. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Carroll doesnt have the will though and those who dont have the will end up liek hunt

24. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    what do you know about that?

25. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Here, here ....goodun! Let's hope it works.....