Mario Williams

GP_1_Again

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like this guys attitude and the fact he really respects and desires to play in Lambeau.

Ooops I didnt realize there was already a thread for Mario...
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey GP...good to have another Twin Cities based fan on the forum. Are you originally from "The Motherland", or did you grow up on the wrong side of the river? Do you have the NFL package, or do you end up at Gabe's to watch games on Sunday? Welcome to the board.

Hell, man....I would be happy if either Mario or AJ landed in Titletown...but am not averse to trading down if there is a boatload waiting.

OP
OP
G

GP_1_Again

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey GP...good to have another Twin Cities based fan on the forum. Are you originally from "The Motherland", or did you grow up on the wrong side of the river? Do you have the NFL package, or do you end up at Gabe's to watch games on Sunday? Welcome to the board.

I was born in St Paul, Minny but lived in Roberts Wisconsin for about 1 year then moved to Hudson for 2 years. Yes I was born on the wrong side of the river, I love Wisconsin and hope to soon buy a home in Appleton. I never liked the Vikes although my family dug them I grew up hearing about the Chokers and felt bad for my Dad. I actually wasnt a fan of any football until I moved to Roberts (2001) and instantly became a Packer fan, yup had Packer parties galore I was in the thick of it. I love the Packer fans we are one big family.

GO PACK GO!

OP
OP
G

GP_1_Again

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Been to Gabe's by the Park once, I like watching the games at The Village in North Hudson better though, they have a nice big TV and the placed is just packed with Great Packer fans! Sorry I kind of got off the topic here this should be in the introductions thread sorry moderator. :oops:

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi GP,

I like his attitude also. He wants to play in GB and looks to Reggie as his mentor. Sounds like a good formula and fit for GB. Hope we get him.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A pass rush can make a hell of a diffrence and he can play the run good too plus LB's are easier to come across then true pass rushers

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Mario as well. I think drafting Williams depends on which position GB picks up on the FA market and if they re-sign Kampman. Either way, if Williams or Hawk come to GB it will greatly help the D.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mario Williams should be the first draft pick of the Packers....I know that I was on the AJ Hawk bandwagon but I think with Williams pass rush, you'll see marked improvement with guys like Carroll too.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, because of my age, I may be accused of dreaming. But for some reason I look for Carroll to improve to real respectability this year. We saw some improvement last year, which means that his curve is up, IMO. In any event I'm looking forward to testing my theory.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most times corner back play is directly related to the D-line. More pressure on the QB more QB misques. Look at Brett he made alot of second rate secondaries look like pro-bowlers. When a QB is rushed and flustered they tend to make bad decisions. If GB can get a good and consistent pass rush Carroll will look all the more better. IMHO

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually think sometimes that Carroll should beef up and be moved to a safety spot. Worked great for Sharper he sucked as a CB

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
but why did he suck at the beggining of the season

I read somewhere that teams were cut blocking him early in the season, and he had a hard time with that. Once he adjusted, he went on to have a great season.

I like Mario over Hawk, partly because the linebacker position is so deep this year. I think they can take Mario on the 1st round, and still get a very good linebacker on the 2nd round.

Those who think Carroll is terrible will be in for a surprise. Carroll showed considerable improvement, and is still I believe the youngest player on the defense. All of our DB's will look better with an improved pass rush.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, we'll have to see. Unfortunately, some people here think that if you didn't produce in your first two years, you'll never amount to anything in the NFL....the guy's got all the intangibles to be a good CB in the NFL but he doesn't trust his skills and therefore grabs, holds, etc.

Members online

Latest posts