Mario Williams

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
Carroll doesnt have the will though and those who dont have the will end up liek hunt

gopack,

How do you anything about Carroll's will? He made it to the NFL so he put in a ton of time and effort to get there. I'm not going to defend him because he's average at best right now but I still am not sure how you became an expert on player's 'will'.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well your right kind of but you can kind of tell what type of guy he is and I feel that he is a cledius hunt sort of guy

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carroll is a hard worker. He was young and immature, but if you did not see the improvement as the season went on -- you weren't paying attention.

We had a thread that broke down his numbers including penalties -- and he finished with impressive numbers for a 22 year old 2nd year starter.

But back to the original point of this thread -- if Mario is there at 5 the Packers are a lock to grab him. The problem is he may not be there a #5

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Bruce said:
Carroll is a hard worker. He was young and immature, but if you did not see the improvement as the season went on -- you weren't paying attention.

We had a thread that broke down his numbers including penalties -- and he finished with impressive numbers for a 22 year old 2nd year starter.

But back to the original point of this thread -- if Mario is there at 5 the Packers are a lock to grab him. The problem is he may not be there a #5

Commenting on the last comment. With Vince' Wonderlic score drama I hope he doesnt drop out of the top five and someone snags Mario instead.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Packers | M. Williams expects to get drafted by team
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 12:10:14 -0800

Dylan B. Tomlinson, of PackersNews.com, reports North Carolina State DL Mario Williams said he expects to get drafted by the Green Bay Packers. Williams said, "I'd love that. Playing for the Packers, that's a dream man. I don't know what's going to happen, but I'd love to play in Green Bay." The Packers hold the No. 5 overall draft choice in the 2006 NFL Draft.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love the kids azttitude size and stregth Feel D-line and Oline are this years biggest needs. RB WR and other holes can be filed in FA and supplemental draft if need be

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bavp,
Looks to me that he is just rating the players and not taking into consideration each teams needs.
Jay Cutler must have really impressed him having him ranked #2 overall.

I like this comment:
There were 11 kickers and three long snappers at this year's Combine. A kicker has been drafted on the first day of the past two drafts -- two in 2004 and one in 2005. I don't think it will happen again this year. The most likely kicker to be selected is Josh Huston of Ohio State, who has a very strong leg and is able to put his kickoffs into the end zone.

Considering the love that has been shown for BJ Sander, what would happen if TT took Huston in the 4th or 5th rnd?????

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a 6th sense for this stuff like 2 years ago I said the dolphins would beet the patriots and i was right it was their superbowl year

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get the guy and don't look back. He can be a consistant and disruptive force that drives QB's nuts back there.
Kampy and KGB will occasionally do it but a guy as talented as this could do it often enough to get in the qb's head and that, my friends, is an impact player.

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
The most likely kicker to be selected is Josh Huston of Ohio State, who has a very strong leg and is able to put his kickoffs into the end zone.[/color][/i]

Considering the love that has been shown for BJ Sander, what would happen if TT took Huston in the 4th or 5th rnd?????

TT signed Jon Ryan allready. That boy is able to kick into the endzone too.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's this note - from CBS sportsline RUMOR MILL ----

Houston Texans Updated:03/01/2006

Since the Texans have quarterback David Carr, and Domanick Davis, and Vernand Morency, at running back, they are unlikely to draft quarterback Vince Young or running back Reggie Bush.

The Houston Chronicle reports that the Texans could be looking at defensive end Mario Williams, who ran the 40-yard dash in 4.66 at the combine.

===================================

Which, of course... sucks for the Green Bay Packers!
(And, Mario's dream to play where Reggie White became a national hero)

EDIT **** I just checked with texans.scout.com and I'm not finding any reports to bolster that CBS Sportsline Rumor Mill comment...

Doesn't mean it's not true, however - they "are" looking into middle linebacker (Julian Peterson/49ers) and other personnel, since they could use an upgrade at just about every position on Defense. Which means, (yep) that Mario is on their chalkboard, since they pick first (so far).

HERE'S the Article listed as: STARTING OVER - on the Texans web site --

Starting Over

By Brian Walzel

Date: Mar 2, 2006

The Texan Blitz' newest reporter Brian Walzel discusses the Texans needs, and where they might go to fill them.

As soon as the final seconds ticked off the clock in the Houston Texans last game of the disastrous 2005 season, the focus of fans immediately shifted to April’s draft. Fresh off a Heisman-winning season, the Texans savior-to-be, Reggie Bush was there for the taking. All we had to do was await the impending announcement of his leaving USC a year early and pass the next four months debating ways in which Bush would lead us to glory.

But then Houston’s own Vince Young turned such talk on its head like a stick in bicycle spokes with his jaw-dropping performance against Bush’s Trojans in the Rose Bowl. Suddenly, Bush’s weaknesses were more prominent than a mole on the face of a super model and Young became the flavor of the month with the Texans’ faithful.

Now the Texans and new head coach Gary Kubiak face the toughest draft decision this organization has ever faced. Will they stick with their initial choice and go with Bush or will they heed the begging of the fans and select Young?

The team is in a win-win situation. Both Young and Bush are other-worldly talents whose ilk comes along only once in a decade or so. And make no mistake about it, the Texans are under more pressure than they ever have to produce a quality draft. General Manager Charley Casserly has been lambasted by fans and the media, and rightly so, for his ineptitude in past drafts. Fred Weary? Dave Ragone in the third round? And let’s not even start with Jason Babin.

In all likelihood, it will be Kubiak, not Casserly, who will be in charge of this draft. With the Texans picking up the 3-year option on David Carr’s contract, all signs point to the Texans taking Bush. It’s also possible they will get knocked over by a trade offer and move down to pick up offensive line help (D’Brickashaw Ferguson?).

The Texans have the opportunity to make an impact in this year’s draft. They hold the top pick in the first two rounds and the first and second in the third round. Ideally, the Texans would like to come away from the draft with at least two opening day starters.

They need help at practically every position, with the possible exception of special teams. The offensive line will likely see an upgrade in the draft, possibly as early as the second round. Keep an eye on the University of Texas’ Jonathan Scott or Miami’s Winston Justice.

The Texans could also use an upgrade at tight end, where the Bennie Joppru experiment is long overdue to come to an end. They need a big, quick playmaker who can get open downfield. This year’s draft is particularly deep at tight end. Players who may fall into the second round include UCLA’s Marcedes Lewis, Notre Dame’s Anthony Fasano and USC’s Dominique Byrd. The Texans would be well served to select any of those with their second round pick.

In upcoming columns, I’ll discuss where the Texans may go with their late round picks. We’ll also feature an evaluation of each of the Texans three drafts and whom they should have selected.

Open for discusion - will the Packers be successful in their wish to make Mario Williams' wish come true...? Will he become a Green Bay Packer?

IPBprez

Members online

Latest posts