Mario Williams a saint!

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After the saints signed drew brees who by the way *cough* sucks *cough* they are most likely to go after Mario Williams. THAT SUCKS!!!! I really liked mario williams just imagine who our d-line would look with him. we should trade KGB to the saints for there 2nd over all pick.

OP
OP
F

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok wait KGB and Javon Walker is that good remeber KGB did have 4 straight seaons with 10 or more sacks.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wtf does the Saints need a DE for? They have 2 potential probowl DEs already. Charles Grant is amazing, DE is probably the position the need the least. It would be like the Giants drafting a QB with their 1st round pick.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you can get that deal done you will become a saint, not from NO but a true revered SAINT !!!

No way KGB is worth a 6 pack of Budweiser TOPS...

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
Wtf does the Saints need a DE for? They have 2 potential probowl DEs already. Charles Grant is amazing, DE is probably the position the need the least. It would be like the Giants drafting a QB with their 1st round pick.

yeah,
The saints have drafted d-line for a few consecutive years...Jonathan Sullivan, Charles Grant, others that I can't think of at this point...this does shake up the top 5, maybe they now take AJ Hawk (man their LB's suck), Micheal Huff, or...I've heard Vernon Davis creeping up a lot of team's boards

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
figtab said:
ok wait KGB and Javon Walker is that good remeber KGB did have 4 straight seaons with 10 or more sacks.

Too bad he can't hold up against the run, and Walker is coming off a major injury. Neither player is worth a first. Although, with the weak market for FA wideouts and even weaker draft class, you might be able to get a second for Walker :)

OP
OP
F

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:

Even though the Saints will be looking at Matt Leinart in the draft, they have Brees as their starting quarterback. That puts the Saints in the position to possible trade down from the No. 2 spot and take defensive end Mario Williams or simply take the North Carolina State defensive end.

look they might get him or they might trade down.

OP
OP
F

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
The Saints just lost one of their starting DE's Darren Howard to the eagles. Looks like they may be able to replace him.

they have will smith to replace him

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saints will likely trade down. They have much bigger needs than DE or OL. After they signed Drew Brees they were already looking to ship it. Rumor is Minnesota is a hot taker along with Oakland.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
I would like to see the Vikings pick Vince Young :p:p

He wouldn't be a good fit for the WCO. If the Vikes trade up it'll be to get Leinart. He's the most NFL ready QB prospect. I'd love to see Young land there of course :wink:

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cow chips...... bull duram........

mario wont be a saint just do not see that happening

:hijacked:

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is the Saints try to trade down. Whether can or not they'll most likely go after OT-D'Brickshaw Ferguson.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
He is why the Saints will still be in the #2 hole picking ML:

BREES DEAL IS A ONE-YEAR ARRANGEMENT

Lost in the hubbub regarding the decision of Drew Brees to sign with the Saints is the fact that his contract is, as a practical matter, a one-year deal.

Why? Because the deal contains a whopping $12 million option bonus due in the spring of 2007, in addition to his $8 million signing bonus.

We're not saying that the Saints won't pick up the option if Brees has an MVP season and delivers a Lombardi to the Bayou. Barring that highly unlikely outcome, however, the contract will either be terminated or restructured in a year, making the thing a one-year, $10 million deal.

So, as a practical matter, Brees doesn't have much more security than he would have had if the Chargers had slapped the franchise tag on him.

As a result, we're not prepared to give much credence to the news that the Saints will look to trade out of the No. 2 spot in the draft. At a time when the team is looking to parlay the Brees season ticket sales for folks who are happy to hear that Drew is coming to town, the last thing that the franchise needs to emphasize over the next months or so is the possibility that the Brees is but a Band-Aid.

Don't be shocked, then, if the Saints ultimately declare that they couldn't get commensurate value for the pick, and that they had no choice but to use on Matt Leinart.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts