Marcedes Lewis?

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/stats/nfl/3615/marcedes-lewis

This is mildly intriguing no?

He's 6'6" so he could be the target we need in the redzone, apparently a good blocker, and if this is accurate could be had for a late round pick. If you're going to spend a later round pick on a TE why not give that same pick up for a guy who's been doing it for 10 years? Just a thought, I'm sure it's a waste of time to talk about but nevertheless discuss if you wish.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These are the kinds of trades I'd like to see explored/done by the Packers. Get proven vets in to help at positions of need and for depth.

D

Deleted member 6794

He's 6'6" so he could be the target we need in the redzone, apparently a good blocker, and if this is accurate could be had for a late round pick. If you're going to spend a later round pick on a TE why not give that same pick up for a guy who's been doing it for 10 years? Just a thought, I'm sure it's a waste of time to talk about but nevertheless discuss if you wish.

Lewis production has dropped significantly over the last two season with his blocking skills diminishing as well. I don't see him as mich of an upgrade over Rodgers and Quarless.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd take him...it wasn't long ago where he was a top 4 tightend in the league. Look at who he has throwing to him..besides this yr with Blake Bortles. I think he's got a lot if good football left in him. Truth of the matter is that Rogers makes ppl BETTER. We could use the red zone help . Has we had this guy in the NFC championship I think we win.

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT just doesn't operate that way... don't see that happening at all.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lewis production has dropped significantly over the last two season with his blocking skills diminishing as well. I don't see him as mich of an upgrade over Rodgers and Quarless.

My production would have dropped too with their QB's.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Over $6.5 mil for a guy that has had 1 good season his entire career and that was 5 years ago? You guys crack me up

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With garbage qbs...yea I would be cracking up too.
So the only skill position players that go to the pro bowl are from teams with good or great QBs? Gotcha. Andre Johnson and Steve Smith are probably going to go to the HOF in spite of playing with terrible QBs the majority of their career. No excuses needed for some players.

You should be running this team. Maybe you can trade for trent richardson too, I know he has been underachieving behind a bad O line. Or maybe Montee Ball. Or maybe Chris Johnson. So many options.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair, Matt Schaub put up pretty decent numbers before his career "broke down" or whatever happened to him mentally etc.

Jake Delhomme took Carolina to the Super Bowl and was 3 points away of beating NE....

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair, Matt Schaub put up pretty decent numbers before his career "broke down" or whatever happened to him mentally etc.

Jake Delhomme took Carolina to the Super Bowl and was 3 points away of beating NE....
Schaub only have johnson 1 good year.
You could maybe argue delhomme gave smith 1 decent year

Keep in mind both had injury issues most seasons that kept them out of games

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Check his numbers from last year. This looks like a guy in decline to me......I pass.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Check his numbers from last year. This looks like a guy in decline to me......I pass.

Check his QB, and offense as a whole. Look I'm not saying he's going to come in a be a savior but for a late round pick IF Jax will pick up some of that salary, why not is all I'm saying.

Again this is all probably just wasted breath but I don't see the harm in exploring it if he in fact comes available.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree with this....that said if it's a 7th or 6th...I'd at least look it to if I was TT/Company

D

Deleted member 6794

I'd take him...it wasn't long ago where he was a top 4 tightend in the league. Look at who he has throwing to him..besides this yr with Blake Bortles. I think he's got a lot if good football left in him. Truth of the matter is that Rogers makes ppl BETTER. We could use the red zone help . Has we had this guy in the NFC championship I think we win.

My production would have dropped too with their QB's.

Lewis had David Garrard throwing him the ball in 2010 when he had career highs in receptions, yards and TDs. Not a future HOFer either.

Check his QB, and offense as a whole. Look I'm not saying he's going to come in a be a savior but for a late round pick IF Jax will pick up some of that salary, why not is all I'm saying.

I agree with this....that said if it's a 7th or 6th...I'd at least look it to if I was TT/Company

He would count $6.8 million towards the Packers salary cap. NO WAY!!!

D

Deleted member 6794

But if they were willing to pick some of that up just to move him may be worth the flier.

I don't see any reason why the Jaguars would do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

The Jaguars could restructure his contract before trading him though.
Seems like it. Prorated signing bonus cap hits don't travel with the contract. They could re-do the one year left with a signing bonus they absorb, then trade him.

That said, he's a 10 year vet TE that hasn't been much good since 2010. I don't see him as an upgrade over what the Packers already have.

Members online

Latest posts