1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Man Coverage

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    When you have two CB who's strength is man coverage, what are the draw backs to using man coverage throughout the game?

2. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I assume ur talking about the Packers?

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    No team mentioned, its just a flat out question. Why use zone coverage if your CB's strength is man?

What are the benefits to zone vs man?

Why use zone over man?

4. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess if the recievers on the opposing team are faster/are good at getting open. It would be better than having one guy getting burned. Thats my guess.

5. smlutz

smlutz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    In today's NFL the receivers are too good for the defenses to be playing man all the time. Even if you have the personnel to play man, zone mixed with man keeps the quarterback/offense guessing.

6. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Zone is only good if you can get pressure on the QB. Outside of that a good QB will pick apart zone coverage if he's given the time. There is always an opening in the zone coverage.

That's my opinion though.