1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Madden 10 help

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by cvg_crazy, May 27, 2010.

1. cvg_crazy

cvg_crazy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    im a huge madden fan and usually kick my friends *** in the game, lately though they have looked up plays that have been punching a huge whole in my defense. so what im seeking here in well rounded defense plays if anyone knows one and if anyone knows a great offense play that never fails that would be good to.

teams my friends play as: Chargers, Jets, Dolphins, Panthers.

2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Moved to Fantasy Football area.

I don't know about plays that never fails.

I play exclusively with GB, and always spread the field with 4 or 5 WRs. Use quick routes, or change to a running play if I see it's better to.

There's one play I really like. 5 wide. I have Jennings and Driver running a quick hitchs, Nelson and Jones, both lined at slot, running 10 yard corner out routes, and Finley, lined up as a wide TE, running a 10 yards post route.

It kills cover 2 plays. IF they cover man, I wait for one of my all-american WRs to beat the opponent (usually it's finley). And, if nobody's open, I simply run with Arod and slide...

I also tend to have a screen from that same formation as an audible, just in case.

It's great, specially in goal line.

Hope that helps.

3. cvg_crazy

cvg_crazy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    thank you for the help, i think im suppose to play each one of them this weekend so we'll see how it works.

wish i could get in on the Fantasy Football, just don't have the time sadly.

4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    I don't play much either, it's just that we put everything that's virtual football in here, be it games, or FF...

5. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77
    I can help you with your madden defense, if you have a ps3 :) I'll show you a few things.

I only play like 3 or 4 different defense plays the key is the read the offense pre-snap. And to know your match-ups etc...

edit: as well, changing your defenders on the fly, is probably the most important part, each player can be changed, to deep zone, man-to man, blitz etc...And blitzing the right guy and dropping the right guy into coverage makes a huge difference. Also, learn how to play as the safety's, they are the most important players on the field in madden. I play as the SS all the time, if you can learn to time the "swat the Ball" feature, you can shut down half the field with a safety, and force a player to go to the other side where he might not be as comfortable throwing it.

6. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Hmn. I always control the ILB. It almost makes running against you impossible, if you know how to play. I tend to play GB's 3-4. Cover 3 bread and butter, show blitz. It's great.

7. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +280

I've been using the JETS playbook with the Packers...they have all the plays the Packers have but there are a few more packages like the 4-6, and 1-5-5...as well as other plays in 3-4 formations that the Packers D doesn't have...It's all about penetration, gotta find where the GO2 Guy is, and take it away while sending pressure

8. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +280
    anyone got madden 10 on xbox 360, friend request me, hanzir2810...lets get some madden games going!