1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

M. Lynch

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by paxvogel, Feb 14, 2007.

1. paxvogel

paxvogel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He was interviewed on ESPN and seemed like a real nice kid. My God did he look big, really broad in the shoulders and says he will run the 40 in the 4.3's.

2. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If he actually runs the 40 in under 4.4, he'll go before we have a chance to take him, IMO

3. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    was he wearing his gold teeth covers?

4. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think kmac is right. He ran a 4.36. Lynch does not have the injury history of Adrian Peterson. Lynch could be the #1 RB taken and taken before the vikings pick at 7.

At the 16th selection Ted will have Plan B, Plan C, Plan D, etc. and at the last minute have to change it.

5. Krazygangsta

Krazygangsta Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    wow this kid keeps on impressing me

6. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I think Lynch will be there at #16 even if he runs a sub 4.4 40. This draft is really deep this year and many teams above GB have needs other than RB. I think most think that Peterson is the #1 back out there and he'll go #3 to the Browns imo...

Just for the record and I'm sure this could very well come back to haunt me but I think Lynch will make the better pro of the top two RB's by far.

7. Krazygangsta

Krazygangsta Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    what if browns take johnson ???????? where deos ap slip ... will the buc's draft him? they have caddillac

8. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I don't see the Bucs drafting AP but you never know...seems like a two-back system has been awful effective for a lot of successful teams.

Cadillac and AP would be one of the best 1-2 punch backs in the NFL for years to come...damn I hate the Bucs. :)

9. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    if M. Lynch is the first RB taken in the draft, maybe "All Day" will be there at 16 for the Packers.

10. Krazygangsta

Krazygangsta Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i doubt he would be their ...

11. brennan1884

brennan1884 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    where the hell is everyone geting this moss bullshit from, wake up moss isnt leaving oakland, he is quoted as saying he and porter are looking for a fresh start in oakland.......... and ill be ****** pissed if we draft marshawn lynch, the guy looks like lil john, and we wears a grill, yah!!!!! great fit in green bay????? listen, we need a defensive stud with that 16th pick, lets hope we can get laron landry cuz that is the perfect fit for us

12. sliptnfell

sliptnfell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What about the TE?

I would personally pick up Miami's Greg Olsen with our first pick. The guy will be an immediate impact player and an instant refreshment to Favre and the offense. Our offense has been laclaster due to the TE position being both too slow and inconsistant. After that let the chips fall where they may with Hunt, Bush, and Irons still in the mix. Nothing against Marshawn but the three guys I've listed play in a hell of a lot tougher conferences. Irons especially has the right type of attitude. Not to mention a little finess to go with the power at our RB position would be a nice complement. But I'm no TT, could be, but I'm not.

13. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Dude, Olsen at 16? That's nuts.

14. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  15. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    He is awesome but I think the pack should take Dwayne Jarrett or Robert Meachum. Although Marshawn Lynch would be a great Ahman Green replacment.

16. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I thnk Lynch ran a 4.5, and I think he'll be the packers first round draft choice

17. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    4.46 was his official 40.

18. tymeblind

tymeblind Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    it boggles my mind that people say they want an immediate impact player and then advocate drafting a pass catcher. Historically, that makes no sense.

There is a history with rookie rbs coming in and being successful right away. Look at Addai, look at Maroney. Not so much with pass catchers; they take a couple of years to develop.

What is the point of having Brett back another year, and to be waiting for a first round pick? You want an impact player on the offensive side of the ball -- you take a running back.

19. Popcynical

Popcynical Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Look at Maurice Jones-Drew, though. He was landed in the second round.

I'll take the pass catching RB myself.

20. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Michael Bush has some pretty good hands, and they could get him in the 2nd round.

21. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree 100%.

Some act as if you can find a starter in the 2nd round because of the success of Maurice Jones-Drew from a year ago. The reality is 1st round RB’s have significantly contribute to their teams success and it’s paid off being a fairly good selection. More so than 2nd round backs.

If you look across the NFL.

Lions - Kevin Jones
    Bears - Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson
    Cardinals - Edgerrin James
    Rams - Steven Jackson
    Seahawks - Shaun Alexander
    Falcons - Warrick Dunn
    Saints - Deuce McAlister and Reggie Bush
    Buccaneers - Carnell Williams
    Panthers - DeAngelo Williams
    Bills - Willis McGahee
    Dolphins - Ronnie Brown
    Patriots - Laurence Maroney
    Colts - Joseph Addai
    Jaguars - Fred Taylor
    Chargers - Ladainian Tomlinson
    Chiefs - Larry Johnson
    Ravens - Jamal Lewis

8 out of the 12 playoff teams have 1st round RB’s as their primary runner. All 4 teams to play in their respecting conference championship did as well and all 4 teams used 2 RB systems. 7 out of the 8 playoff teams whom advanced to round 2 of the playoffs all have 1st round RB’s contributing.

17 1st round RB's starting across the NFL and significantly contributing to their team. Saying you can’t get much success with RB’s in the 1st round is a false statement. You can go up and down every position and find busts. RB actually might be the easiest position to find early impact guys. You are extremely right on with the receivers. 1st round receivers don’t equal success right way in the NFL. It’s one of the toughest positions to adjust too. Look no farther than Javon Walker. It took him 3 years to make a big impact. Favre is at the prime of his career. If you want to find an early impact player then it’d be hard to make a case for anyone else not named Marshawn Lynch that realistically could be there at 16.

22. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sign Travis Henry and draft Michael Bush

wow.. the Packers could come up with a strong backfield.

23. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Cal tailback Marshawn Lynch impressed scouts with his numbers at the Combine and with his skills set, which he showed off with a series of drills at yesterday's Cal Pro Day. After one leaping catch Tuesday, a scout joked, "We may play him at receiver," but Lynch wanted to do even more. He tried to sneak in for a rep at quarterback between Joe Ayoob and Steve Levy.
    -- San Francisco Chronicle

He will be the best back in this draft, IMO, as long as he keeps his head on straight:)