Low Opinion of NFC North

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Accurate or Not.........What do you think of this?
Creative Sports

NFC North

1. Chicago 8-8 – The Bears will regress from their 11-5 season of a year ago but maintain a good enough team to win the weak North Division. While Panthers WR Steve Smith exposed the secondary in the playoffs last season, the front seven dominates opposing teams with relentless pressure. Even with the inconsistent Rex Grossman set to start the season at quarterback, Brian Griese is a good insurance should the former first-round pick stumble. It will be interesting to see how coach Lovie Smith handles the running back situation with Cedric Benson hurt and the disgruntled Thomas Jones back in the fold.

2. Minnesota 7-9 – The Vikings have shipped WR Randy Moss and QB Daunte Culpepper away in the last two years and have nothing to show for it. They ranked 25th in total offense last year and recently released No. 1 wide out Koren Robinson. That means 2005 first-round pick Troy Williamson will assume the top role, but he needs to improve on an inconsistent rookie year. It seems every season the Vikings pour money and draft picks into a defensive unit that never gets better. The defense ranked 21st last season and fails to work as a cohesive unit.

3. Detroit 6-10 – It amazing how this team continually picks in the top 10 of the draft yet never lands elite players. The fans won’t have QB Joey Harrington to kick around anymore as that role now falls to Jon Kitna. The former Bengals backup simply doesn’t possess the accuracy to fit into coordinator Mike Martz’s timing based offense. The Lions do have some playmakers on defense and the addition of WLB Ernie Sims will only enhance this unit. However, the inconsistent play of the offense will be too difficult to overcome.

4. Green Bay 5-11 – QB Brett Favre is out of his mind if he thinks this is a talented football team. RB Ahman Green is past his prime and the offensive line has more leaks than an old garden hose. Favre, who will lead the league in interceptions again, will quickly realize that he should’ve retired last season. Depite the drafting of ultra-talented WLB A.J. Hawk, the secondary will give up big plays often, which should test the patience of first-year coach Mike McCarthy.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when was the last time the winner of a division was 8-8? I can't recall it. Not with all the division games. Furthermore, the packers have the second easiest schedule according to the rankings...only second to the Chicago Bears. No, I see more wins....the division winner will be 11-5 or 10-6

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trippster said:
when was the last time the winner of a division was 8-8? I can't recall it. Not with all the division games. Furthermore, the packers have the second easiest schedule according to the rankings...only second to the Chicago Bears. No, I see more wins....the division winner will be 11-5 or 10-6

Agreed. :D This is purely speculation, nothing more. :wink:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's true that the "black and blue" division has taken on a more "red and pink" look the last several years. I do think that 10 wins will be what takes the division.

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
evey team in the NFC North has major flaws. The Bears can't score. The Vikings lack playmakers. The Lions can't stop anyone. The Packers can't block. This is a very sub=par division. Hopefully, the Packers can win the division, and get into the Playoffs.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well if the bears win it will be because of their d-line but i dont think they'll get that many touchdowns,to win that many games :) i think we are better than a 5 and 11

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The lack of respect is to be expected, this division does not stack up with the other divisions in the NFC in that there are glaring holes on every team.

But I agree that it should be 9 or 10 for the division winner, with the bottom team being around 4 or 5 wins. The two in the middle will be aroun d .500. I personally see GB being one of the 2 middle, with either Minnesota or Detroit.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think theres ANY great teams in the NFL anymore. The Patriots won the SB 3 out of 4 years, all by a field goal. They could have just as easily ended up like the Buffalo Bills or the Vikings and lost all of them.
Now, is there anyone here that thinks the Steelers are gonna repeat as SB winners? (Other then Packinsteel! :wink: ) I really don't think so. I see it as a "Cinderella" season for them, not that they are that good.(Sorry Edder! Just my opinion, for what it's worth!)

DaBearsrule4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
I don't think theres ANY great teams in the NFL anymore. The Patriots won the SB 3 out of 4 years, all by a field goal. They could have just as easily ended up like the Buffalo Bills or the Vikings and lost all of them.
Now, is there anyone here that thinks the Steelers are gonna repeat as SB winners? (Other then Packinsteel! :wink: ) I really don't think so. I see it as a "Cinderella" season for them, not that they are that good.(Sorry Edder! Just my opinion, for what it's worth!)

It's not often you see a team repeat as Super Bowl Champions these days. The last team to win back to back super bowls before the Patriots won 38 and 39 is the Denver Broncos winning 32 and 33. During the playoffs last season, the Steelers where the hunters, now they are the hunted.

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Because they play the Packers, Vikings and Lions twice.

And the NFC North drew the only two divisions(NFC West and AFC East) that were weaker in the 2005 season, it's a no-brainer. What surprises me is that both of those divisions had worse overall W-L records and yet they don't get nearly as much harsh treatment as the NFC North, must be because of the one good team in the NFC West(#1 seed Seahawks) went to the NFC championship game and the little darlings of ESPN (Patriots) are in the AFC East. It's bull$hit! :D

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DaBearsrule4ever said:
No respect for the NFC North, thats ok. The experts will be the ones eating crow in the end.

Don't they always? I wouldn't take the "expert's opinion" in Vegas if I was planning to drop some $$$ on the season? Who did they pick this year? The now Bus-less Steelers?

PackerSacker54 said:
And the NFC North drew the only two divisions(NFC West and AFC East) that were weaker in the 2005 season, it's a no-brainer. What surprises me is that both of those divisions had worse overall W-L records and yet they don't get nearly as much harsh treatment as the NFC North, must be because of the one good team in the NFC West(#1 seed Seahawks) went to the NFC championship game and the little darlings of ESPN (Patriots) are in the AFC East. It's bull$hit! :D

You know it. They love to hate the Pack and Bears because they lead the league in World Championship wins. The Queens never have it when they really need it, and the Lions... Well, let's just say the Lions are mocked by all!!! :p

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Members online

Latest posts