1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Low Opinion of NFC North

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by vikesrule, Aug 30, 2006.

1. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Accurate or Not.........What do you think of this?
    Creative Sports

2. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    when was the last time the winner of a division was 8-8? I can't recall it. Not with all the division games. Furthermore, the packers have the second easiest schedule according to the rankings...only second to the Chicago Bears. No, I see more wins....the division winner will be 11-5 or 10-6

3. PackerSacker54

PackerSacker54 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed. :D This is purely speculation, nothing more. :wink:

4. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    someone is going to win 10 games in the divison or at leats 9

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    It's true that the "black and blue" division has taken on a more "red and pink" look the last several years. I do think that 10 wins will be what takes the division.

6. Drich318

Drich318 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    evey team in the NFC North has major flaws. The Bears can't score. The Vikings lack playmakers. The Lions can't stop anyone. The Packers can't block. This is a very sub=par division. Hopefully, the Packers can win the division, and get into the Playoffs.

7. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    well if the bears win it will be because of their d-line but i dont think they'll get that many touchdowns,to win that many games :) i think we are better than a 5 and 11

8. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No respect for the NFC North, thats ok. The experts will be the ones eating crow in the end.

9. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Why exactly do the Division Champion Bears get the easiest schedule in the league? :-?

10. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Because they play the Packers, Vikings and Lions twice.

11. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0
    No clue...

12. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The lack of respect is to be expected, this division does not stack up with the other divisions in the NFC in that there are glaring holes on every team.

But I agree that it should be 9 or 10 for the division winner, with the bottom team being around 4 or 5 wins. The two in the middle will be aroun d .500. I personally see GB being one of the 2 middle, with either Minnesota or Detroit.

13. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0
    I honestly seeing the Bears going 12-4 IF and ONLY IF they have no key injuries during the regular season.

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't think theres ANY great teams in the NFL anymore. The Patriots won the SB 3 out of 4 years, all by a field goal. They could have just as easily ended up like the Buffalo Bills or the Vikings and lost all of them.
    Now, is there anyone here that thinks the Steelers are gonna repeat as SB winners? (Other then Packinsteel! :wink: ) I really don't think so. I see it as a "Cinderella" season for them, not that they are that good.(Sorry Edder! Just my opinion, for what it's worth!)

15. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0
    It's not often you see a team repeat as Super Bowl Champions these days. The last team to win back to back super bowls before the Patriots won 38 and 39 is the Denver Broncos winning 32 and 33. During the playoffs last season, the Steelers where the hunters, now they are the hunted.

16. PackerSacker54

PackerSacker54 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    And the NFC North drew the only two divisions(NFC West and AFC East) that were weaker in the 2005 season, it's a no-brainer. What surprises me is that both of those divisions had worse overall W-L records and yet they don't get nearly as much harsh treatment as the NFC North, must be because of the one good team in the NFC West(#1 seed Seahawks) went to the NFC championship game and the little darlings of ESPN (Patriots) are in the AFC East. It's bull$hit! :D

17. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't they always? I wouldn't take the "expert's opinion" in Vegas if I was planning to drop some $$$ on the season? Who did they pick this year? The now Bus-less Steelers?

You know it. They love to hate the Pack and Bears because they lead the league in World Championship wins. The Queens never have it when they really need it, and the Lions... Well, let's just say the Lions are mocked by all!!! :p

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley