Looking ahead to Dallas on the 29th.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Its just like the early/mid 90's. Either Dallas will blow us away in the first quarter and stomp us or we will beat them.
This Dallas team looks pretty good, but they are not physically dominating like those Dallas teams of the early 90's. I expect it to be a very close game from start to finish. I think the Packers have a slight edge over them in most categories. Dallas has clear advantages at RB and TE, however.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
The only people who will be watching the Cowboys/Packers game is people who get THE NFL NETWORK on their cable station.

I do not get it where I am... So I will have to head to a bar.

That is a BIG *** GAME to be only broadcast on THE NFL NETWORK.

RP

Thats what I said before you Raider. Ill have to go into a bar and come out smelling of second hand smoke. Guess we will have to settle for our own images on the radio and watch the highlights on the local news.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
de_real_deal said:
Its just like the early/mid 90's. Either Dallas will blow us away in the first quarter and stomp us or we will beat them.
This Dallas team looks pretty good, but they are not physically dominating like those Dallas teams of the early 90's. I expect it to be a very close game from start to finish. I think the Packers have a slight edge over them in most categories. Dallas has clear advantages at RB and TE, however.

This Cowboys game is the biggest game the Packers have played in years. I am afraid if we lose this game it may shatter our confidence. The game means 5 times more to us than the Cowboys imo. I think they more than anyone we have faced have the ability to expose the weaknesses in our defense since they run and pass so well. Have a TE and a WR. I like Woodson & Harris but i dont think either can stop T.O. without help all day long. He will burn one of them for a few long ones if manned up all game. It would be a mistake to try that i think. Witten scares me too. Romo is pretty accurate down the field. I think it could be a long game.

Our best chance i think is to slow the game down and move the chains. keep it low scoring and we will be close in the 4th qtr. Personally i think they will probably beat us. I hope im wrong.

OP
OP
V

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Greg C. said:
de_real_deal said:

This Cowboys game is the biggest game the Packers have played in years. I am afraid if we lose this game it may shatter our confidence. The game means 5 times more to us than the Cowboys imo. I think they more than anyone we have faced have the ability to expose the weaknesses in our defense since they run and pass so well. Have a TE and a WR. I like Woodson & Harris but i dont think either can stop T.O. without help all day long. He will burn one of them for a few long ones if manned up all game. It would be a mistake to try that i think. Witten scares me too. Romo is pretty accurate down the field. I think it could be a long game.

Our best chance i think is to slow the game down and move the chains. keep it low scoring and we will be close in the 4th qtr. [/b] Personally i think they will probably beat us. I hope im wrong.

It is unfortuntate that your team is 9-1 and you don't have enough confidence to believe they can beat Dallas. I think they can handle the Cowboys. The Vikings are 4-6 and I think they could beat the Cowboys in a re-match. Of course, I always think they can win.

Also, if they do lose. Bret Favre and the rest of the team will not lose their confidence over one loss. He has been in the league far to long for that to happen.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Greg C. said:
de_real_deal said:

Our best chance i think is to slow the game down and move the chains. keep it low scoring and we will be close in the 4th qtr. [/b] Personally i think they will probably beat us. I hope im wrong.

It is unfortuntate that your team is 9-1 and you don't have enough confidence to believe they can beat Dallas. I think they can handle the Cowboys. The Vikings are 4-6 and I think they could beat the Cowboys in a re-match. Of course, I always think they can win.

Also, if they do lose. Bret Favre and the rest of the team will not lose their confidence over one loss. He has been in the league far to long for that to happen.

Credibility bye-bye.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Greg C. said:
de_real_deal said:

I agree. It's not like the Cowboys are a more experienced team than the Packers. They've been to one playoff game, and they lost it.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it true, the game against the Cowboys is going to be played for home field advantage? If this is the case, then we have to win this game, I cant see Dallas playing in January at the frozen tundra.

OP
OP
V

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it true, the game against the Cowboys is going to be played for home field advantage? If this is the case, then we have to win this game, I cant see Dallas playing in January at the frozen tundra.

I can see Dallas coming to the frozen tundra and getting their butt's beat!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ICE BOWL 2.0 ? ? ? ? if we win the first game its a definite possibility that Dallas will have to play AT Lambeau in January. . . sounds good to me.

However, im making the prediction that Dallas doesnt make it the NFC championship game. They might beat us this upcoming game, and get a first round bye.... BUT they will get beat by you guessed it. the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the second round.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
The only people who will be watching the Cowboys/Packers game is people who get THE NFL NETWORK on their cable station.

RP

Thats what I said before you Raider. Ill have to go into a bar and come out smelling of second hand smoke. Guess we will have to settle for our own images on the radio and watch the highlights on the local news.
I'm lucky..........being in Wisconsin and only 25 miles north of Milwaukee, we get the game reguardless. I think they HAVE to put it on regular TV in the local market.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ICE BOWL 2.0 ? ? ? ? if we win the first game its a definite possibility that Dallas will have to play AT Lambeau in January. . . sounds good to me.

If the Cowboys play at Lambeau in January, I predict that, in the days leading up to the game, we will be treated to more than one replay of Bart Starr's game-winning Ice Bowl TD.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
Raider Pride said:

RP

I'm lucky..........being in Wisconsin and only 25 miles north of Milwaukee, we get the game reguardless. I think they HAVE to put it on regular TV in the local market.

You need to get a webcam and set it up in front of your TV and telecast it on one of those free webcam networks for those who don't get NFL network. :pop:

As for me....I have my basement TV tuned to the NFL network all the time.

OP
OP
V

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now, everyone can focus on the Dallas game. I am going to predict a Packer victory.

Packers 31

Cowboys 27

Favre is playing as well as he has ever played the game.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

RP

That's mostly true, however some who live in the local Green Bay area will get the game. I'm not sure if the same applies for Dallas though.

Ya can sign up for Dish Network and get the game and then cancel the service lol ... but that'll run ya about 75 bucks...

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it's a home team, you get the game regardless of the station or if you have cable TV or not.

The rest of his away from the midwest are screwed.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
channelsurfing.net.........

im watching the nfl network falcons colts game now and the packers game will be on that link on thursday

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Dallas is going to have an advantage in this game if the Packers are without key players. Jolley, Woodson, KGB, and maybe Driver all going to be banged up. Jolley for sure is out I think.

The key for the Packers is to continue to play like they have on offense. If we spread them out there should be no way that their 4th and 5th best defensive backs can cover our 4th and 5th best receivers. Not with the way Favre is playing.

I do think in the 2nd and short plays, Green Bay should look to run the ball more often. I also like that old school 3 Back formation that we use. The toss might actually be able to work.

Any doubt that this is the biggest game of this young teams career up to this point. How about the biggest regular season Favre may of EVER played? I seem to of drawn a blank when trying to think of one bigger. 10-1 vs. 10-1. Who would've thought that?

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Dallas is going to have an advantage in this game if the Packers are without key players. Jolley, Woodson, KGB, and maybe Driver all going to be banged up. Jolley for sure is out I think.

The key for the Packers is to continue to play like they have on offense. If we spread them out there should be no way that their 4th and 5th best defensive backs can cover our 4th and 5th best receivers. Not with the way Favre is playing.

I do think in the 2nd and short plays, Green Bay should look to run the ball more often. I also like that old school 3 Back formation that we use. The toss might actually be able to work.

Any doubt that this is the biggest game of this young teams career up to this point. How about the biggest regular season Favre may of EVER played? I seem to of drawn a blank when trying to think of one bigger. 10-1 vs. 10-1. Who would've thought that?

this is only the second matchup ever of 10-1 tean vs. 10-1 team
this game is gonna be HYPEd all week long~!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
You need to get a webcam and set it up in front of your TV and telecast it on one of those free webcam networks for those who don't get NFL network. :pop:

As for me....I have my basement TV tuned to the NFL network all the time.

hah i did that ... once the third person joined in it got choppy an crappy... but that was jus from my home network not a free webcam network.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Greg C. said:
de_real_deal said:

Our best chance i think is to slow the game down and move the chains. keep it low scoring and we will be close in the 4th qtr. Personally i think they will probably beat us. I hope im wrong.

After watching the lions game i think i am going to go back on what i said. Lions had the running game going and our DFENS still shut down their passing attack pretty well, even when Woodson left. It wasnt perfect but we held up very well. Roy Williams while not T.O. is comparable and with furry, C. Johnson and the other guy, Lions have a potent passing attack. This effort against them gives me more confidence about our ability to play the Cowboys.

Rouse and the other "unknowns" back there played really well. I was one of the biggest TT haters in the offseason but i can admit i was wrong on some of his decisions and lack of moves, not all of them but some for sure.

What a great season so far. I know about 20 people on my Bears forum who are in agony over the Packers success and their lack of this year :) They actually have a public vote in a thread on whether to ban me :) I've made an impact

Members online

Latest posts