Long term effects of the Buffalo loss. GB @ Seattle?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The cards are skating by the skin of their teeth and had some luck thats all it takes.

Maybe or Maybe they just have a loaded "53 man roster". Check out Dockett's replacement Sunday "Rucker". He won't disappoint.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about all the insane people that said the Cards were gonna lose out and miss the playoffs?

http://www.azcardinals.com/videos/v..._em_baby/f247f1b2-bc92-4bc3-bd62-83e9e82e90dc

Edit: hmmmm. Looks like they went out and beat two teams to clinch playoff spot that Seattle has lost to too me.

Not sure how that shows I'm supposed to believe Arizona is the better team. I never said they couldn't win, just that it's less likely that they'll win against a VERY good team when they're starting a QB that was just added to the team, their third string running back and a bunch of backups on defense.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Not sure how that shows I'm supposed to believe Arizona is the better team. I never said they couldn't win, just that it's less likely that they'll win against a VERY good team when they're starting a QB that was just added to the team, their third string running back and a bunch of backups on defense.

What back ups other then Rucker who is actually playing lights out for them are you talking about on defense? They lost Dockett and Abraham who is long in the tooth.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Frosty" Rucker had a career day for the Cardinals against the Rams last Thursday. I suppose that's makes sense given that we are in the Christmas season. All jokes aside, no way will Seattle lose to Arizona. Zona can't score but I do think the Rams have a chance to upset Seattle. They have built a championship defense in St. Louis but Bradford is hurt all the time so their defense keeps them in games. Even without a really good QB the Rams defense is good enough to win anywhere

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Starting QB just added to the team? Yup, Lindley was just signed by the Cards. Back in 2012 when they drafted him. Of course he has been riding the bench for 3 years so I am sure he learned nothing.

D

Deleted member 6794

Starting QB just added to the team? Yup, Lindley was just signed by the Cards. Back in 2012 when they drafted him. Of course he has been riding the bench for 3 years so I am sure he learned nothing.

Well, Lindley has the most pass attempts in NFL history without a TD pass, so his pro career isn't off to a promising start. While he has been riding the bench for three years as well he was never considered a possible franchise QB.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Uhmmmm, he was added last month. He's been on the team before but was not on the team for most of the year.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Uhmmmm, he was added last month. He's been on the team before but was not on the team for most of the year.
Well, yes and no. He spent the first two year of his career with them. Was cut after training camp, spent 2-3 months with San Diego before coming back to the Cards in November when Palmer was hurt. I am sure he knows the system.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Cards win this one with Lindley, then Bruce Arians will be Coach of the Year, hands down. And all Packers fans should vote for him, if he beats Seattle.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, yes and no. He spent the first two year of his career with them. Was cut after training camp, spent 2-3 months with San Diego before coming back to the Cards in November when Palmer was hurt. I am sure he knows the system.

He wasn't good enough for the Cardinals to keep on the roster. I don't care if he knows the system. I'm sure the backup-TE knows the system, that doesn't mean he'll be effective playing QB.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'm not gonna sit here and hype Lindley but if he doesn't make to many major mistakes the Cards still have chance to win. If he comes out of no where and makes some plays this game will be a shocker. He is big and has a live NFL arm.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...has a live NFL arm

Apparently his arm is not the problem, or he'd be selling cars right now. But Bruce Arians appears to be a special coach, and if anyone can get the kid to play, he's the one. Now that I've said that, it wouldn't surprise me to see Cutler in Arizona next year.

OP
OP
Brandon

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Turns out I was wrong about a couple of things. For some reason I thought Seattle was at home in this game, so when I realized my error I got excited with the prospect of maybe--just maybe--Arizona pulling off a low scoring defensive upset. My prediction of a blowout did hold true however, and Arizona even got 3 more points than I gave them credit for.

The other thing I noticed though during the game, is in a way it actually benefited the Packers to have Seattle win this game. Because now, (slim chance, but a chance nonetheless) if both Seattle and Arizona lose next week, and Green Bay wins, I believe we would then get home field throughout the playoffs?

OP
OP
Brandon

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or would Dallas also have to lose? I'm really not sure how tie-breaking procedures are going to work with all the possible win loss outcomes this year. All I know is that Seattle winning next week is no bueno.

D

Deleted member 6794

Turns out I was wrong about a couple of things. For some reason I thought Seattle was at home in this game, so when I realized my error I got excited with the prospect of maybe--just maybe--Arizona pulling off a low scoring defensive upset. My prediction of a blowout did hold true however, and Arizona even got 3 more points than I gave them credit for.

The other thing I noticed though during the game, is in a way it actually benefited the Packers to have Seattle win this game. Because now, (slim chance, but a chance nonetheless) if both Seattle and Arizona lose next week, and Green Bay wins, I believe we would then get home field throughout the playoffs?

The Packers would get the #1 seed in the NFC with a win over the Lions and a Seahawks loss to the Rams. We would win the tie-breaker over Arizona because of a better record in common games.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

To be honest I would rather have a 100% chance to play the Lindley-lead Cardinals in Arizona than have a 20% chance of playing Seattle in Green Bay.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Turns out the Buffalo loss was worse than we thought. Even pitiful Oakland could beat Buffalo, and they scored twice as many points as we did. :eek:

Gregg Dalton

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we beat Detroit and Seattle wins, we get the bye over the Cowboys. But of course we may have to play in Seattle for the conference title...that won't be easy

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Nah...it wouldn't be easy but this is how Champions are built. That 12th man baloney, ad nauseum, is really quite over-hyped. Their fans obsession with decibals doesn't win games. Oddly, the team that plays better usually wins. Bluntly, the Pack don't do well on the road regardless of who they play it seems...AND...Seattle is the defending Super Bowl Champs (Mr. Obvious at work here) -- I wasn't one of those who bought into the Cardinals anyway, firmly believing that the Seahawks would win that division regardless of whether or not Carson Palmer was playing in Arizona...but, the Pack have no one to blame but themselves for dropping that turdlet in Buffalo.

If nothing else, that fact that Buffalo comes out with a world-beater defense against the Pack, and slink back to being themselves against Oakland, it just goes to prove the 'any given Sunday' belief that most of us truly believe. It is theoretically possible that Seattle could come out partially brain dead prior to playing Green Bay...and take one in the ********** by another team.

I remember darn near soiling myself following the '96 season when the Panthers went in and beat Dallas for us. For a myriad of reasons, the Pack just could not beat Dallas back then...and I mean not even come CLOSE to beating Dallas. I agree that we don't want the Pack going to Seattle -- solely because they're in the Pack's head now, and the media will beat that drum to death ... but hey ... I still maintain that the Pack just do NOT match up well with the Seahags man-for-man, position-for-position...and that's why, we need someone to do our light work for us in the case of the Seattle Seahawks. There, I've said it ... I've donned my flame retardant Santa suit ... have at 'er.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Bluntly, the Pack don't do well on the road regardless of who they play it seems...

I've tried to make that same point but it was not well received. Now they do pretty good against crappy teams. Apparently I'm not alone in this opinion.

I still maintain that the Pack just do NOT match up well with the Seahags man-for-man, position-for-position...and that's why, we need someone to do our light work for us in the case of the Seattle Seahawks.

I agree but I would not call it "our light work" More like Heavy work. I'll admit I hate the Hawks 10X worse than I ever hated the Bears. Frankly, I find the whole Packers/Bears thing to be passe'.

The Hawks and their fans are blow-hards who really don't know how to act like they've been there before because they haven't. I have to admit though that Wilson seems to have a bit of class.

Last edited:

Sky King

Reaction score
Nah...it wouldn't be easy but this is how Champions are built. That 12th man baloney, ad nauseum, is really quite over-hyped. Their fans obsession with decibals doesn't win games. Oddly, the team that plays better usually wins. Bluntly, the Pack don't do well on the road regardless of who they play it seems...AND...Seattle is the defending Super Bowl Champs (Mr. Obvious at work here) -- I wasn't one of those who bought into the Cardinals anyway, firmly believing that the Seahawks would win that division regardless of whether or not Carson Palmer was playing in Arizona...but, the Pack have no one to blame but themselves for dropping that turdlet in Buffalo.

If nothing else, that fact that Buffalo comes out with a world-beater defense against the Pack, and slink back to being themselves against Oakland, it just goes to prove the 'any given Sunday' belief that most of us truly believe. It is theoretically possible that Seattle could come out partially brain dead prior to playing Green Bay...and take one in the ********** by another team.

I remember darn near soiling myself following the '96 season when the Panthers went in and beat Dallas for us. For a myriad of reasons, the Pack just could not beat Dallas back then...and I mean not even come CLOSE to beating Dallas. I agree that we don't want the Pack going to Seattle -- solely because they're in the Pack's head now, and the media will beat that drum to death ... but hey ... I still maintain that the Pack just do NOT match up well with the Seahags man-for-man, position-for-position...and that's why, we need someone to do our light work for us in the case of the Seattle Seahawks. There, I've said it ... I've donned my flame retardant Santa suit ... have at 'er.
Try Dramamine for the nausea; Immodium and Cipro for the chute issues; Alo Vera for the burns; and a pitcher of Martini's for the anxiety issues. You'll be just fine.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Try Dramamine for the nausea; Immodium and Cipro for the chute issues; Alo Vera for the burns; and a pitcher of Martini's for the anxiety issues. You'll be just fine.
Given his user name, I doubt those are his drugs of choice.

Other posters I can only recommend surgery. Neither over-the-counter nor prescription drugs will suffice. A full on cranial ****** extraction is the only way to help them.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Given his user name, I doubt those are his drugs of choice.

Other posters I can only recommend surgery. Neither over-the-counter nor prescription drugs will suffice. A full on cranial ****** extraction is the only way to help them.
It is a nasty ailment to see facts when others only see what they wish.

But yet I'm not sure a cure is in order.

Members online