1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Locker room whispers still point to Tarvaris

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by News Bot, Aug 24, 2009.

1. News Bot

News Bot News Bot

Ratings:
    +47
    Source: ProFootballTalk.com

2. D.Levens

D.Levens Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    Tarvaris blows. Just a bunch of sh*t merchants trying to stir up the sh*t....

You know how that goes...

3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    Did you read the link provided?

Here is a quote

I think Adam is a well known insider

4. D.Levens

D.Levens Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    Adam is a joke!

He's the old washerwoman of the NFL...

Now we're siding with ESPN's crap because it fits our agenda, eh LT?

5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    I asked you a question, why can't you answer it?

Also, show me where I agreed with it his statement, and I asked if he was an insider

So stop trying to bait people, not going to work

6. mateus

mateus Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    it sounds more to me that your on the defensive because it doesnt somehow implicate TT or make the Favre move look good.
    but hey, to each his own.

7. nelanator

nelanator Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Jackson has played with some of those guys for going on 4 years now and has obviously formed some good friendships. I didn't see what Schefter said, but any internal support could be construed as what the PTF article seems to imply. And one guy strongly voicing support could be used as evidence that maybe more are in Jackson's corner. That's the way the media works.

My guess is Ray Edwards is the guy Schefter is talking about. He's an idiot and a loudmouth. He seriously said and believed that he would break the single season sack record last year and always has his foot in his mouth. Plus he was drafted with Jackson and if there is any racial component to this it coincides with the friendship component - Edwards fits the bill there, too.

My guess is this won't be an issue. Favre was obviously brought in to be the guy this year, they will live and die with him and everybody in the locker room knows that.

8. News Bot

News Bot News Bot

Ratings:
    +47
    "Faction" of Vikings want Tarvaris

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

9. D.Levens

D.Levens Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    Who cares? "They should get on board or STFU", right?

The Owner, GM, and HC want Favre to start, so he starts....

The minority of idiots on the Vikings who favor Tarvaris should worry about their own damn jobs...

10. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    Just heard some guy from KFAN in Minni on the radio. He said Schefter's report is bull, because Schefter isn't there. In fact, he says the only national reporter lurking around is Pedro Gomez. I forget the guy's name, but he said that he is at Vikes practice every day and he hasn't seen anything other than happiness regarding Favre.

I trust him more than I trust Schefter, simply because this guy's there every day.

He literally called out Schefter on the air, it was pretty cool.

(For those in the Northeast WI area, I was listening to SportsRadio 107.5 FM a.k.a. The Fan)

11. mike bat

mike bat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    i will asure you there is no way the Queens picked up Brett to sit him on the bench ... the fact of the matter is they picked up Brett because of Jackson ... money talks ,, Brett will start ,, bar none ... Jackson has stunk it up since day one over there ,, i hope he will start just because that will insure a loosing season for the Queens ... make no mistake my friends Brett is the man in Queens land ...

12. nelanator

nelanator Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Is it a coincidence that Schefter starts loosing the respect of players once he jumps ship to ESPN? Viking players are both annoyed by this and some are just making fun of it. Even their punter saw some cameramen running in several directions and shouted something about their being a "schism in the camera crew."

This whole story reaks of being precontrived. First week after Favre all is good, then we'll scrounge for controversy in the locker room in week two. Oh, the drama!