Lions fire Patricia and Quinn

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who will the first coach to get fired from today?

Predict the date when Matt Patricia gets fired? Closest to actual date wins.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Patricia will be canned at the end of the season. The Lions don't usually fire coaches during the season. Petine will be canned after the season as well.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would throw in the Jets coach and possibly the Bears if they're slide continues. I would think with everything that went against in this year that McCarthy would be safe. I don't think any interim coaches will be hired full time.
The Jaguars may look to make a change too

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep...the hamburglar will be afforded another year at the helm in cow pie land, and then will be shown the door due to abandoning the run with a cowbell halfback.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In other news Vanderbilt fired Derek Mason today. He's probably not interested, but I'd wish we could sign him and get rid of Vrable. Then we might have some real growth at the WR position.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel bad for Matt Stafford. The guy is a legitimate good QB that has had to deal with being on a poor team his entire pro career. The only bright spot is that he had Megatron for a good portion of his time in Detroit. Hopefully they can hire a good coach (or Bevell turns out to be the guy) so that we have another competitive team in the division.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I feel bad for Matt Stafford. The guy is a legitimate good QB that has had to deal with being on a poor team his entire pro career.
I feel bad for him also. The team has really no QB of the future behind him, thus he can't even be traded to a QB needy team for the cap savings after the season. Maybe we can send them Boyle or Love for a defensive lineman?

jon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In other news Vanderbilt fired Derek Mason today. He's probably not interested, but I'd wish we could sign him and get rid of Vrable. Then we might have some real growth at the WR position.

But he brought the first female player on to the field just this weekend.... His firing is a hate crime.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not impressed with players that act out publically like this. DAng sure wouldn’t want any of those clown cars on my roster. Some times it’s best to remain silent.

And yes I agree. Same goes for those Cowboys players doing the same to MM.

However... I would say failures like this can really bring to light a coach's true colors and expose who they really are as a person. Matt Patricia was supposed to be one of those guys who players love and will go through a wall to play for. It turns out he was not that guy at all and only confirmed mine and many other critics suspicions that he was unqualified to be a HC, and this only proved it.

And while it may be also a bad thing for Jets players to dump on Gase if he gets fired, he gets no sympathy from me if that happens. As far as I'm concerned, both he and Patricia have disgraced the HC position same way Josh McDaniels has before and ... well fill in the blank of any other HC who fits that bill.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
And yes I agree. Same goes for those Cowboys players doing the same to MM.

However... I would say failures like this can really bring to light a coach's true colors and expose who they really are as a person. Matt Patricia was supposed to be one of those guys who players love and will go through a wall to play for. It turns out he was not that guy at all and only confirmed mine and many other critics suspicions that he was unqualified to be a HC, and this only proved it.

And while it may be also a bad thing for Jets players to dump on Gase if he gets fired, he gets no sympathy from me if that happens. As far as I'm concerned, both he and Patricia have disgraced the HC position same way Josh McDaniels has before and ... well fill in the blank of any other HC who fits that bill.
And here’s my take away.........
from the link to the responses.

However... I would say failures like this can really bring to light these player’s true colors and expose who they really are as a person.

if I were the new GM, I’d be releasing all of those Twitter clowns and bring in players with character.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I had Twitter when I was in my 20s, and some dbag coach finally got the axe, I might have done the same thing. These guys are just letting off steam. We never want the Greg Jennings of the world to air dirty laundry publicly, but I get the cathartic nature of why they do it.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

However... I would say failures like this can really bring to light these player’s true colors and expose who they really are as a person.

if I were the new GM, I’d be releasing all of those Twitter clowns and bring in players with character.

And he just might do that

If ... the owners stay out of his way

Although just for the record some of those players are actually former Lions players who are already gone

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He was simply acting like a d*ick trying to sound hard. That Darius Slay incident was a perfect example. If he has this many players celebrating, then something is far more wrong than "twitter clowning". It's just deep disrespect and pure hate.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Character matters. players and coaches both.

I’ll just leave it at that.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think our WR’s seem well coached. What are you seeing?

I guess I’m not sure why you think a DB coach would be better? Mason has a few years as a WR coach, but the majority of his career has been coaching on the defensive side. His playing career, as a DB. You didn’t think he was the former Titans WR, did you?

Members online