Let's hope for a 2007 type season next year

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR with an "off year"

Get another WR like JJ
Get another ILB (Clay maybe) to pair with Martinez
Get A LOT of OL help

Might as well give Perry and Fackrell a shot at both OLB spots, i don't trust picking an OLB in the 1st round

We can only hope

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The question going into next season will be "Was the drop in Rodgers's production in 2018 the product of playing with injury all season or is he on the decline of his career?"

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The question going into next season will be "Was the drop in Rodgers's production in 2018 the product of playing with injury all season or is he on the decline of his career?"

I don't see a decline in production. I do think Aaron Rodgers may have plateaued. Facing a mounting count of injuries, its possible that he can no longer elevate an entire offense of sub-par players. What I exactly mean is that he either has to have an elite offensive line (all 5 positions) or he must throw to elite offensive skill players.

This season, Rodgers had David Bakhtiari and Davante Adams playing at an elite level. That was it. As a singular talent, Rodgers is still top 3 @ QB. But, for the team to have success, double digit wins, playoff berths and championship aspirations, Green Bay must do a better job of surrounding Rodgers with better talent and depth.

I think New Orleans has a great model for fielding a complete roster with depth and skill. Green Bay must cut bad veteran contracts, "hit" on their draft picks, and get more aggressive acquiring players via trades and free agency.

Also, an offensive minded Head Coach wouldn't hurt.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Or both?

First order of business for him is to get his knee fixed and then screw his head on straight. He needs to throw to his first open receiver instead of taking all those 12 yard sacks. He is probably going to have more speed weapons next year than he has ever had in his entire career. Let them catch and run. Move the chains and score touchdowns. His points per possession rate is atrocious and he is mostly to blame for it imo.

Edit: Also needs to clean up his throwing mechanics. He’s gotten into some sloppy habits.

Reaction score
AR had an off year. However much of that was supplemented by a week 1 injury + a slew of injured and rookie receivers

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They way he didn’t throw it to Williams on 3rd and instead was trying to wave him down field before he threw it away baffles me. They showed a replay of the same play where he didn’t see Kumerow on the slant and Williams was WIDE open with more than enough room for the first and Rodgers is waving for him to go deep and nearest Lions player was 8 yards off

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This season felt more like 2005 than 2006. 2006 they won their last 4 and had hot momentum going into 07.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't see a decline in production. I do think Aaron Rodgers may have plateaued. Facing a mounting count of injuries, its possible that he can no longer elevate an entire offense of sub-par players. What I exactly mean is that he either has to have an elite offensive line (all 5 positions) or he must throw to elite offensive skill players.

That's a ridiculous statement. Rodgers needs an offensive line capable of protecting him for at least 2.5 seconds and receivers being on the same page to be successful though.

His points per possession rate is atrocious and he is mostly to blame for it imo.

Rodgers definitely deserves some blame for the offense struggling this season but if you truly believe he's the main reason for it you need to watch more closely.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
That's a ridiculous statement. Rodgers needs an offensive line capable of protecting him for at least 2.5 seconds and receivers being on the same page to be successful though.

Rodgers definitely deserves some blame for the offense struggling this season but if you truly believe he's the main reason for it you need to watch more closely.
The offense is run through Rodgers and always has been. He was always the biggest reason for our successes and he is the biggest reason for our failure this year. The defense as a whole played well enough for us to field a playoff calibre team this year.

D

Deleted member 6794

The offense is run through Rodgers and always has been. He was always the biggest reason for our successes and he is the biggest reason for our failure this year.

Wrong, the Packers have allowed the talent on offense to drain as much that even Rodgers can't cover up for it anymore.

Members online