Let the debate began

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just find it amazing how year after year Tom Shady is able to put up the numbers he does with average WRs and and good tightened. Aaron Rodgers is probably the best overall qb in NFL history yet he's struggling in this offense all of a sudden?? Oh yea, that's because it's the same garbage and the route tree is garbage. Not to mention the fact that all the defenses are taking away the middle of the field. Do you guys even notice that most of Rodgers big plays come from broken plays? He takes so long in the pocket to throw the ball because the middle of the field is shut down and he's waiting for WRs to uncover? Brady is three or four step drops and let it rip. They actually know how to get production from the tightens spots over there. Creativity is more than using a wr in the backfield..

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a fan of McDaniels.

I guess I'm being a bit bias because I grew up down the street from him and his brother Ben in Canton Ohio. My older brothers, myself, and the Mcdaniels boys used to have some serious sandlot hoop and fort all games. None the less he can't be any worse than MM.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He made the playoffs with Tim Tebow tho...Keep in mind Bellicek got the boot from Cleveland ..the rest is history.
not that he can't learn from mistakes, but he wen't 8-8 and then was fired in December the next year. he was a part of drafting Tebow, that much is true. But Fox went to the playoffs with that hack playing QB, not Daniels

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not that he can't learn from mistakes, but he wen't 8-8 and then was fired in December the next year. he was a part of drafting Tebow, that much is true. But Fox went to the playoffs with that hack playing QB, not Daniels

He made some mistakes as the youngest HC in NFL history yes. So ignore the fact that he's older and more experienced?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He made some mistakes as the youngest HC in NFL history yes. So ignore the fact that he's older and more experienced?
I'm sure nobody has shut the door on his coaching career. Both BB and Saban were solid coaches at best during their first outings, but you perfect your craft and learn as you go along. I've seen enough of the current regime.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't, I said in fact he may have learned from his mistakes. What I was pointing out was the fact that although he did play a part in drafting that hack of a QB Tebow, he played no role in taking him to the playoffs as he was fired part way thru the season before John Fox took him to the playoffs. You seemed to imply he must be pretty good going to the playoffs with such a crappy QB. The reality was, he drafted a crappy QB, did very little with him and was fired.

D

Deleted member 6794

Time to promote Elliot Wolfe and make a play for Josh Mcdaniels to be our next HC.

I'm not a big fan of McDaniels as a head coach either but would love to have him as an offensive coordinator.

Not to mention the fact that all the defenses are taking away the middle of the field. Do you guys even notice that most of Rodgers big plays come from broken plays? He takes so long in the pocket to throw the ball because the middle of the field is shut down and he's waiting for WRs to uncover? Brady is three or four step drops and let it rip. They actually know how to get production from the tightens spots over there. Creativity is more than using a wr in the backfield..

The Packers offense has huge troubles exploiting the middle of the field because the team has completely lacked talent at tight end since Finley went down. Having Gronkowski it's easy for the Patriots to get production out of the position.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of McDaniels as a head coach either but would love to have him as an offensive coordinator.

The Packers offense has huge troubles exploiting the middle of the field because the team has completely lacked talent at tight end since Finley went down. Having Gronkowski it's easy for the Patriots to get production out of the position.

Ok then use 3 wr bunch sets to one side and replace our sorry Tightend. But no, the idiot HC and playcalkers can't get out there own way. You abandon what was working the past two weeks to feature sorry slow Richard Rogers? Because you wanted to get the tightends more involved? Yea how's that work out Mike. I wish he'd resign .

D

Deleted member 6794

Ok then use 3 wr bunch sets to one side and replace our sorry Tightend. But no, the idiot HC and playcalkers can't get out there own way. You abandon what was working the past two weeks to feature sorry slow Richard Rogers? Because you wanted to get the tightends more involved? Yea how's that work out Mike. I wish he'd resign .

There's absolutely no doubt that it was mind-boggling Rodgers being a major part of the game plan vs. the Colts after the offense performed on a high level mostly playing without him the previous 2 1/2 weeks.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's absolutely no doubt that it was mind-boggling Rodgers being a major part of the game plan vs. the Colts after the offense performed on a high level mostly playing without him the previous 2 1/2 weeks.

He was targeted 1/4 off the time. This is exactly why I'm not s fan of MM. You squander the chance at getting the offense more confidence going into the second half of the season to feature Richard Rogers more into the offense?? You can clearly tell from the get go Aaron was staring down Rogers trying to throw him the ball. You're taking about a guy probably #30 out of 32 tightends currently starting in the NFL. Not Gronk...not Kelce or Ebron..but Richard freakin Rogers!!!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
He was targeted 1/4 off the time. This is exactly why I'm not s fan of MM. You squander the chance at getting the offense more confidence going into the second half of the season to feature Richard Rogers more into the offense?? You can clearly tell from the get go Aaron was staring down Rogers trying to throw him the ball. You're taking about a guy probably #30 out of 32 tightends currently starting in the NFL. Not Gronk...not Kelce or Ebron..but Richard freakin Rogers!!!

Sadly, Richard Rodgers is tied at 50th on ave yards/catch (9.9) for a TE. That is beyond pathetic. There are teams that have 2 or 3 TE's with higher averages.

Guessing his YAC is about dead last in the league for TE's or even punters.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sadly, Richard Rodgers is tied at 50th on ave yards/catch (9.9) for a TE. That is beyond pathetic. There are teams that have 2 or 3 TE's with higher averages.

Guessing his YAC is about dead last in the league for TE's or even punters.

Well this stat didn't make me feel any better about him lol. For a guy as "thick" as he is he sure doesn't beak many tackles smh. This is why I missed Finley so much!! I don't ever remember seeing him get tackled so easily. He ran with attitude after the catch looking to punish tacklers. He'd also destroy single coverage something RR definitely can't do.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did I miss a special quote or press conference where MM said that he tried to feature Richard Rodgers in the game plan? Your rhetoric is ridiculous as usual. The most likely answer is that Aaron Rodgers targeted the tight end more. It might have been the coverage or just AR trying to get the tight end more involved. Either is more plausible than MM telling AR through the headset: "Z-right 24 X cross 92.....oh yeah, and throw the ball to Richard Rodgers again."

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did I miss a special quote or press conference where MM said that he tried to feature Richard Rodgers in the game plan? Your rhetoric is ridiculous as usual. The most likely answer is that Aaron Rodgers targeted the tight end more. It might have been the coverage or just AR trying to get the tight end more involved. Either is more plausible than MM telling AR through the headset: "Z-right 24 X cross 92.....oh yeah, and throw the ball to Richard Rodgers again."

He did say that the plan was to get the tightend more involved in the offense. If you watched the game you'd see RR getting a lot of action. Since RR is the main pass catching Tightend playing right now I was smart enough to put two and two together. Clearly you were not. How's that for rhetoric?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 6794

Did I miss a special quote or press conference where MM said that he tried to feature Richard Rodgers in the game plan? The most likely answer is that Aaron Rodgers targeted the tight end more. It might have been the coverage or just AR trying to get the tight end more involved.

Here's what McCarthy said three days before the Colts game after being asked during his press conference about the lack of production from the team's tight ends:

Well, I’m glad you brought that up, because usually when you guys bring something up like that, it means the tight ends are going to have a big game this week.

It for sure looked the head coach was trying to force the ball to Rodgers for whatever reason on Sunday. That's especially tough to understand as the offense performed on a high level mostly ignoring the position the previous 2 1/2 weeks.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yards after catch (YAC) average is a stat that always intrigues me and just on an "eye test" something that seems to elude the Packers offense. This is where they are now:

Eddie Lacy 10.3
James Starks 9.8
Ty Montgomery 7.6
Randall Cobb: 5.6
Justin Perillo 5.3
Jared Cook 4.3
Davante Adams 3.9
Jordy Nelson 3.9
Richard Rodgers 3.8
Jeff Janis 2.0

Not really sure how this averages out compared to other teams, but there are 28 players in the NFL that are currently above Lacy.

The Packers average of 4.77 yards after catch currently ranks 26th in the league. The Patriots (7.18) are dominating in this category leading the second placed Falcons (6.27) by nearly a yard.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts