Latest Mock...this is far too good to occur

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
In other words you don't think G&G's proposal of #12, #118 and #226 (part of his dream mock) would be enough to get us the 7th pick. I don't think there is any way in heck we get all the way to 7 with that offer. It might get us into the top 10 but just barely. I'd give that up in a heartbeat to move up to #7. I don't know if I would take White but I'm pretty sure there would be someone worth taking for giving up those picks. I do think we could get to #7 without giving up #30 but it would certainly take #12 #44, #114 or 118 and maybe even then some.

I pointed it out earlier, no way in hell is a team trading back from #7 to #12 for a mid 4th and a 7th. I doubt the Bengals swap their 11th with us for that, unless there are 2 guys on the board they like equally.

I'm all about talking about draft trades, but you have to keep it real. The more likely scenario is for a team that is giving up a high pick like #7, due to some teams real desire for a certain player, that team is going to get compensated pretty well and it will probably be for more than the standard Jimmy Johnson draft trade chart shows.

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=GB

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Its partially personal bias that makes you say that. You have to admit it you are not as high on Devin White as many others are. Replace White with a player of your choosing and you may be seeing it a bit differently. Of course you did address that with the "to each their own" I'm just spelling it out. Its more of a general comment aimed at those who are opposed to any particular move proposed by any fans. Replace their guy with your guy and the move doesn't seem so bad.

I'm not saying you would advocate trading up just that you might be more open to the idea if it was for a player you were high on. Obviously G&G is high ion White and for that reason you have to understand why he thinks this would be a great strategy.

Yes, I mean... of course it's my personal bias in part, in that there are a number of players I like better than White, including another guy at his position.

However, I've said and maintain that there are very few players I would want to move up for. Quinnen Williams and Nick Bosa... maybe Ed Oliver. And that's it. So replace White with a name I like better (e.g. Hockenson) and I still don't like that plan.

In general I think trading up is a bad idea.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I mean... of course it's my personal bias in part, in that there are a number of players I like better than White, including another guy at his position.

However, I've said and maintain that there are very few players I would want to move up for. Quinnen Williams and Nick Bosa... maybe Ed Oliver. And that's it. So replace White with a name I like better (e.g. Hockenson) and I still don't like that plan.

In general I think trading up is a bad idea.

Thanks for that and I figured as much. I was just pointing out that for many people the concept of trading up or down is either approved of or frowned upon not so much by the concept itself but the player that eventually gets picked.

For the record I am with you. I want to come out of this draft with picks 30 (at least) and 44 and ideally even 75 along with whatever our first pick is in the first round. I certainly don't want to trade up and lose 30 and/or 44

Reaction score
Thanks for that and I figured as much. I was just pointing out that for many people the concept of trading up or down is either approved of or frowned upon not so much by the concept itself but the player that eventually gets picked.

For the record I am with you. I want to come out of this draft with picks 30 (at least) and 44 and ideally even 75 along with whatever our first pick is in the first round. I certainly don't want to trade up and lose 30 and/or 44
I agree. If we could pick up one more 3rd rounder by going back to #15 that would be ideal. Even if it cost us a 5-6 rounder. Day 2 is an area where we’ve been ultra successful on Offense. Having 3 picks there would be huge as far as getting some O playmakers.

That extra day 2 selection would also allow us to feel good about trading from day 3 back into round 3 for our sixth pick (#112+#150)

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I agree. If we could pick up one more 3rd rounder by going back to #15 that would be ideal. Even if it cost us a 5-6 rounder. Day 2 is an area where we’ve been ultra successful on Offense. Having 3 picks there would be huge as far as getting some O playmakers.

That extra day 2 selection would also allow us to feel good about trading from day 3 back into round 3 for our sixth pick (#112+#150)

Trading down to #15 or #17 could be in play. We will see if one of the 2nd tier QB's generates some interest. Being in front of Miami helps.

If the Giants want to come up, we will have to be creative because they don't have a 3rd.

Trading #12 and #75 for #17 and #37 would be a pretty sweet move.

This sort of move would create an ideal scenario for drafting Hockenson or Bush.

Reaction score
Trading down to #15 or #17 could be in play. We will see if one of the 2nd tier QB's generates some interest. Being in front of Miami helps.

If the Giants want to come up, we will have to be creative because they don't have a 3rd.

Trading #12 and #75 for #17 and #37 would be a pretty sweet move.

This sort of move would create an ideal scenario for drafting Hockenson or Bush.
Now that’s a solid move. It’s completeky attainable and it fits one of a few personal objectives of getting several potential starters early out of the gate, yet being able to simultaneously feel comfortable that they were not acquired by reaching.