Last Nights Pep Rally?

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I logged on here hoping to find some posts by people who attended.

No such luck....

I had go to The Seattle PI Newspaper to find out how it was.

Sounded like fun.

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- It's a common thing for high school or college, but fans of the Green Bay Packers unashamedly enjoyed a pep rally Friday night at Lambeau Field to get even more energized for Saturday's NFL playoff game with Seattle.

The event drew 15,000 pompon-waving fans who filled the stands above the north end zone and cheered as if the game had already started.

"Only in Green Bay," remarked Roger Freund of Fond du Lac.

Among the fans were Don and Paulette Russell from North Pole, Alaska, where their son, Ryan, was a high school classmate of Packers guard Daryn Colledge.

"We saw it on the Internet and that's why we're here," said Don Russell.

He noted that the temperatures in the 20s were warm compared with the high in his hometown Friday of minus-21.

The three-hour event included showing highlights of this season's Packer wins on a large screen in the Lambeau Field Atrium. Free T-shirts were fired into the crowd, and pompoms and "G-Force" signs were handed out.

Drawings were held for tickets to the game, and among the winners was Seahawks fan Tim McCulloch, who already had a ticket and is on his first trip to Green Bay.

"I live near Mount St. Helens," McCulloch said. "But this is the most unbelievable place I've ever been to in my life."

Other prizes included footballs autographed by linebacker Nick Barnett and a snowblower.

Packers chairman Bob Harlan, general manager Ted Thompson and new president Mark Murphy spoke briefly.

Former Packer Jerry Kramer urged Green Bay fans to raise the noise to a new level at the game.

Glen Blaser, a Janesville native who has lived in southern California for the past 50 years, just shook his head as he watched fans pour into the stadium.

"This is something you'd think you'd see in college," Blaser said. "Is there a bonfire?"

No bonfire, but fireworks concluded the night before Game Day.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lat Nights Pep Rally?

I don't know. I watched it on TV and I'm thinking as I'm watching it, that it was just stupid. You had a few young guys who were drunk and talking stupid, you had some grandma's and granpa's there with the grandkids and a few old Packers doing interviews. I'm not really sure what the point of the pep rally was. There were about 15,000 people there, but I don't really know what the point was of having it. There were no Packers there. I'd venture most of the people there won't be at the game.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
My gf had some tickets to it so we went and my *** got REALLY NUMB too. It was pretty cool to see thousands of fans at a PEP RALLY for a Packers game. Really makes ya proud to be a Packers fan.

Just got a phone call too that I got a ticket for the game. I'm at work and its hard as **** to concentrate lol.

So that means the highilght video (if anyone even likes those anymore, i know trom says their useless) won't be done until Sunday.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Just got a phone call too that I got a ticket for the game. I'm at work and its hard as **** to concentrate lol.
Wow, lucky you! :D :beer:

I know!... freaking amazing.

Get this. Its my last day working with Dish Network and I'm on the phone talking to customers who are *****ing about their tv lol... its not going too well.
I haven't been to a game in six years or maybe seven an never been to a playoff game.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

Congrats Zero, that's awesome.

Man I can't wait for this game, and I'm only watching on tv. You must be feeling something else.

yea its hard a heck to type an think straight... im supposed to work til 3 today, but i have to leave. its my last day after four years here, but im useles... i cant think worth a damn and i need to get ready!!!!!!!!1

gio pack go!lkdsd'f
asdfasdfjklfajlkdfasd'
fjaklsdfasd'
fl
asd
f
asdf
asd
fa
sdf
asf
dfs

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think no one cares about the pep rally any more but it actually was fun. Friend of mine said it looked stupid on TV.

I'll probably have pitures up in a few days. I'm not at home right now, up nort' fer da game yah hey dere.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts