1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Last bad pre sneezin game.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by G0PackG0, Aug 9, 2012.

1. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    I remember it well. Cleveland was at Lambeau. I was at the lake. My brother in law romped as the pack floundered against the clowns. Pre-season is just that. Because 6 months later WE won XLV. Now is the time to fumble, toss a pick and miss some coverage. And to remember how terrible it feels before the real games start! Go Packers!

2. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    Minus the brother in law and add in some random Minnesotans and that's the exact position I was in. It was a fluff game more about 1v1 battles than team performance if this was after week 1 I would be a looooooooot more worried.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Preseason is practice. It's not about the score. If it was, we never would have gone for the 2 point conversion on our second TD.

4. CheeseHead87

CheeseHead87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +28
    Good way to think of it. Although I have to admit, it was a little hard not to get concerned hahah. The first and fourth pre-season games are the seriously worthless ones from what I can tell.

5. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    And yet they get televised, SMH. Thank God for Sunday ticket

6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Yeah it's preseason. I take it with a grain of salt. I remember seasons where we came out looking unstoppable, then looked avg during the season. And obviously the opposite.

I know it seems dumb saying this after the fact but I like that they have things to work on and struggled. I'd rather have my team humbled in the preseason than game 1.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. CheeseHead87

CheeseHead87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +28
    Exactly.

The best way to prove that preseason results are just about worthless is that the Lions went 4-0 in the preseason of the season where they went 0-16.

8. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    what Ivo said X 1,000. I would much rather seem them face adversity and work to over come it now than have it hit in the regular season.

9. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    I'm not sure if the Benson pickup happens if Starks doesn't stink so bad in his few carries. The ones he managed to hold onto the ball. lol