Lambeau Field, here I come!

ChicoAndy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello Packers Fans!

I am joining you from Chico, CA. (home town of Aaron Rogers). I am an NFL fanatic. So much so that my brother and I are planning to visit a different NFL Stadium every year until we have seen them all.
Our first choice, and it was an easy decision, was to visit "The Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field."
We are planning on attending the night game against "Da Bears" on Oct 7th. Unfortunately I am having trouble finding hotel accomadations (unless I want to pay at least $150/night for 3 nights- and I don't). Is this common for all hotels to book up in this area? Are there other towns nearby that are easily accessible to Lambeau that you would recommend me trying?
Any and all advise on hotels would be appreciated.
Thanks,

ChicoAndy

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Check out hotels in Appleton and Manitowoc.

If you want the cheapest room you can get for as close as you can get, do a web search for the Sandman Motel in Brillion.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ChicoAndy--I am P.W.T. 36 -
Green Bay born and raised Packer fan and now located in DePere, Wi about five miles from Lambeau Field. My hobby is giving information about the Green Bay Packer and City of Green Bay, especially to football fans conimg to Green Bay for the first time.

Green Bay Packer fans always reserve their rooms on the first day when Packers announced the Packer home games schedule . The" rule of thumb" for Green Bay Hotels for Packer home game weekends is premium price and a two day minimum. Premium price in most cases is to double the price of the room. As an example -if the hotel room rates iare regularly $50.00 a day, during Packer home game weekends there rates may be " jacked up" to $100.00 a day during the Packer home games weekend with a minimum of two days. would be $200.00 (this would be a smaller older Motel in GB area and there are still a few around

So most Green Bay hotels & motels are sold out right away when the Packer home game schedule is announced. how ever there are smaller cities about 15 miles to 50 miles around Green Bay who might have Hotel rooms available and at less cost per room. Such Cities as Oconto, Algoma, Kewaunee, Sturgeon Bay, (Marinette, and it's twin city Menominee, Mi.) Peshtigo, Appleton, Neenah/Menasha, Manitowoc, Sheboygan, Shawano and others.

I don't know who the room rate system works in Motels and hotels in the cities in the area around Green Bay on Packer home game weekend .

Green Bay is the smallest city in NFL and has of metro area population of only 220,000. It just doesn't have enough hotels & motels to take care of all the Packer fans needing hotel rooms, for a Packer home game weekend ,so the cities around Green Bay "pick up" the fans who need hotel rooms for Packer games and can't get them in Green Bay. .

I Suggest yellow pages for these cities mentioned, I think are available on websites

The Packer Country Visitor & Convention Bureau is the "clearing house" for hotel rooms in Green Bay. They can tell you which hotels in Green Bay have hotel rooms available. They can advise you how to find information about the other cities I have mentioned.

Toll free number for Packer Country Visitor & Convention Center Bureau is 1-866-867-3342 and E mail address in www. packercountry.com

If you want economy prices, you have to look at smaller motels that may have been built in 50's , 60's and 70's etc in the Green Bay area. They are clean and neat. Such as as:
Mariner Motel (920- 437-3760) North Star (920-499-6253), , Sky-lit Motel (920) 494-5641), Tower Motel (920-468-1242), Village Inn (920-437-0525) , Bay Motel (920-494-3441) The Bay is good Motel with good room rates & and has a good family priced Restaurant . The Bay Motel usually has no vacancies at this late date. But you can try.

There is the Oconto Motel in Oconto, WI. Located 25 minutes away from GB on HIWAY 41 north (920-834-2000)

tHERE IS THE Classic's Motel located 15 minutes from GB on Hiway 32 north in Pulaski, Wi. (920-822-8339.)

Also the Sunset Beach Hotel located 15 minutes from GB on hiway 57 north in Dykesville Wi. (920-866-2978)

The above small motels are just some of the motels available located outside of GB which might have reasonable motel room rates.Thsy might have room vacancies.

You might find a good smaller motel with good rates ,even at this late date, but you are going to have work to find it.

Be sure to leave time to see the Atrium at Lambeau and take in Tailgating at Lambeau Field before the game, it will starts early - All day!!
Because Kick off is at 7:00 pm for the Packer -Bear game on Sunday October 7th. Packer fans now how to tailgate in style here in GB.

If you need any other information about Green Bay, such as popular Sports Bars & Grills, or points of interest to see while in GB -just ask me on this topic or use PM (private message) function on this packerforum. to contact me. I will monitor this topic.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I usually have luck with either Days Inn in Neenah or Extended Stay America in Appleton.

Both are ** motels, but are clean and usually inexpensive. Extended Stay does not have a pool if that is important. They both put you within 35 miles of the stadium.

OP
OP
C

ChicoAndy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow! What a post! P.W.T. 36, you certainly went above and beyond in welcoming a newbie! Thank you and everyone else so much for all your help. I will now get to work on securing my lodging.

ChicoAndy--I am P.W.T. 36 -
Green Bay born and raised Packer fan and now located in DePere, Wi about five miles from Lambeau Field. My hobby is giving information about the Green Bay Packer and City of Green Bay, especially to football fans conimg to Green Bay for the first time.

Green Bay Packer fans always reserve their rooms on the first day when Packers announced the Packer home games schedule . The" rule of thumb" for Green Bay Hotels for Packer home game weekends is premium price and a two day minimum. Premium price in most cases is to double the price of the room. As an example -if the hotel room rates iare regularly $50.00 a day, during Packer home game weekends there rates may be " jacked up" to $100.00 a day during the Packer home games weekend with a minimum of two days. would be $200.00 (this would be a smaller older Motel in GB area and there are still a few around

So most Green Bay hotels & motels are sold out right away when the Packer home game schedule is announced. how ever there are smaller cities about 15 miles to 50 miles around Green Bay who might have Hotel rooms available and at less cost per room. Such Cities as Oconto, Algoma, Kewaunee, Sturgeon Bay, (Marinette, and it's twin city Menominee, Mi.) Peshtigo, Appleton, Neenah/Menasha, Manitowoc, Sheboygan, Shawano and others.

I don't know who the room rate system works in Motels and hotels in the cities in the area around Green Bay on Packer home game weekend .

Green Bay is the smallest city in NFL and has of metro area population of only 220,000. It just doesn't have enough hotels & motels to take care of all the Packer fans needing hotel rooms, for a Packer home game weekend ,so the cities around Green Bay "pick up" the fans who need hotel rooms for Packer games and can't get them in Green Bay. .

I Suggest yellow pages for these cities mentioned, I think are available on websites

The Packer Country Visitor & Convention Bureau is the "clearing house" for hotel rooms in Green Bay. They can tell you which hotels in Green Bay have hotel rooms available. They can advise you how to find information about the other cities I have mentioned.

Toll free number for Packer Country Visitor & Convention Center Bureau is 1-866-867-3342 and E mail address in www. packercountry.com

If you want economy prices, you have to look at smaller motels that may have been built in 50's , 60's and 70's etc in the Green Bay area. They are clean and neat. Such as as:
Mariner Motel (920- 437-3760) North Star (920-499-6253), , Sky-lit Motel (920) 494-5641), Tower Motel (920-468-1242), Village Inn (920-437-0525) , Bay Motel (920-494-3441) The Bay is good Motel with good room rates & and has a good family priced Restaurant . The Bay Motel usually has no vacancies at this late date. But you can try.

There is the Oconto Motel in Oconto, WI. Located 25 minutes away from GB on HIWAY 41 north (920-834-2000)

tHERE IS THE Classic's Motel located 15 minutes from GB on Hiway 32 north in Pulaski, Wi. (920-822-8339.)

Also the Sunset Beach Hotel located 15 minutes from GB on hiway 57 north in Dykesville Wi. (920-866-2978)

The above small motels are just some of the motels available located outside of GB which might have reasonable motel room rates.Thsy might have room vacancies.

You might find a good smaller motel with good rates ,even at this late date, but you are going to have work to find it.

Be sure to leave time to see the Atrium at Lambeau and take in Tailgating at Lambeau Field before the game, it will starts early - All day!!
Because Kick off is at 7:00 pm for the Packer -Bear game on Sunday October 7th. Packer fans now how to tailgate in style here in GB.

If you need any other information about Green Bay, such as popular Sports Bars & Grills, or points of interest to see while in GB -just ask me on this topic or use PM (private message) function on this packerforum. to contact me. I will monitor this topic.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As weird as it sounds, bring some Sierra Nevada (a variety) to trade.

You will make more friends.
Sierra is available all over Wisconsin. Be sure to enjoy some fine WI brews while in town though. Capitol, Sprecher, Tyranena, New Glarus...the list goes on.
I'm working on a trip to WI this fall myself, if everything falls into place, I'll visit Lambeau for a game.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello Packers Fans!

I am joining you from Chico, CA. (home town of Aaron Rogers). I am an NFL fanatic. So much so that my brother and I are planning to visit a different NFL Stadium every year until we have seen them all.
Our first choice, and it was an easy decision, was to visit "The Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field."
We are planning on attending the night game against "Da Bears" on Oct 7th. Unfortunately I am having trouble finding hotel accomadations (unless I want to pay at least $150/night for 3 nights- and I don't). Is this common for all hotels to book up in this area? Are there other towns nearby that are easily accessible to Lambeau that you would recommend me trying?
Thanks,

ChicoAndy

Put the Metrodome down the list and hopefully we will have a new stadium before you get to the game. It is a dump. It is going to be worse this year for tailgating. They are building the new Twins stadium and taking up many of the few lots we used to tailgate in. The bottom line is if you cannot tailgate you might as well stay home and watch the game on tv.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ChicoAndy said:
Hello Packers Fans!

Thanks,

ChicoAndy

Put the Metrodome down the list and hopefully we will have a new stadium before you get to the game. It is a dump. It is going to be worse this year for tailgating. They are building the new Twins stadium and taking up many of the few lots we used to tailgate in. The bottom line is if you cannot tailgate you might as well stay home and watch the game on tv.
Plus it's a whole lot cheaper! :thumbsup:

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chico Andy- posted"Wow! What a post! P.W.T. 36, you certainly went above and beyond in welcoming a newbie! Thank you and everyone else so much for all your help. I will now get to work on securing my lodging."

Andy- keep us posted on how you are doing with your plans . If you encounter any problems. Let me & the other Packer fans on packer forum know. If you wish to contact me, you could use the private message function on packerforum or you can post a message again on this topic on Packer fan forum

You will find Green Bay,Wi. is unlike any other NFL Franchise City. It is a very friendly medium size city .You will find most Packer fans in Green Bay friendly and willing to talk Packer and NFL football with you at any place you find them here in Green Bay.

Members online

Latest posts