Ladies and gentleman, welcome the to the main event!!

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe there is a TREMENDOUS amount of pressure on Brett Favre for this game - a brutal amount.

Also, somebody mentioned Minnesota's O-line is far superior to that of Green Bay's - to which I say wait until Monday.

I think it is almost a foregone conclusion that in order for Minnesota to prevail, they must run the ball better than effectively - they must be dominant, but they also must win time of possession. It kinda goes along with my hypothesis that in order for NFL teams to be in the elite tier, they MUST be capable of scoring lots of points on offense. And, this is where I see Green Bay having a big advantage. As bad as ya'll may feel Green Bay's pass protection is, it is far better than Minnesota's AND you throw a dominant receiving corps into the mix along with adequate pass protection and it is really only a matter of time before big passing plays occur. A defense can only hold for so long before the law of averages plays out. I've always argued that great defense is nice, but it ain't worth much if it cannot subsidize with its offense.

Both teams are putting up enough points on offense, but I really feel the points come MUCH easier for the Packers than they do for the Vikings. I realize Green Bay has really got me second-guessing on a weekly basis, but I really cannot see how Green Bay doesn't win this game handily. We know that the Green Bay running game will be non-existent, but that's nothing new. Rodgers isn't great throwing on the run, but he's pretty deadly when given time. Couple this with the standard number of blown coverages by any particular defense and it spells BIG plays for the Green Bay offense.

The only way Minnesota wins this game is if they have a serious time of possession advantage - which comes from long, sustained drives - and score TD's as opposed to field goals. I would add Minnesota would probably need a defensive score, but Rodgers doesn't take chances - which helps when the game is close.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, if we lose at home to them, no matter our record at that point, then things will get ugly. This next game is huge, don't get me wrong, but it is an away game. At Lambeau is another story.
^^ agree ^^ agree ^^ agree ...
wow you said it ... if we can sneek in and out of minne with a win ,, that is a plus ... however when minne comes to lambeau ,, thats the super bowl of the nfc north ... so yea as of now im pumped for the monday night game ... but the game i really cant wait for is nov 1st lambeau ,, also my b day is nov 3rd ( trying to get tickets ,, i know its gonna be rough but i have a few peps on it and they have a few peps ) ... other than that ,, we better be able to stop em at home ... hopefully its cold as hell ,, you know Brett gets cold in his old age ... back to monday night ,, i hope we get in there and get it done ,, no mistakes ... :viksux:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you know Brett gets cold in his old age ...
Lol... But really, age may affect his play, but I don't think the cold affects him. I believe he stated it himself, that the cold was never a problem to him. The wind was the real factor. Of course, usually when it's cold in Lambeau it's also windy as hell, so there isn't a real argument in here...

For qbs, the cold usually aftects their ball handling, but Favre has such a huge hand, that his grip is almost the same in cold, raining...

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What happened to all you, "on paper" prognosticators who predicted the Pack to go 13, 14, or even 15-1 this season? I'm telling you yaw need to stop drinking the green cool aid. Most of the Packer fans on this site are already setting themselves up for an easy let down (that means a Packer loss) come Monday.

Face it; the best chance for a Packer win is if the Viking's plane crashes. Oh yea, Its a Viking home game. Ok, make it No chance for the Pack.
Here's my prediction Vikings by 14 and Aaron Rogers is out with an injury by the 2nd quarter.

Its great to be a Viking.

I like your over confidence, a true fan. But lets put some realism out there. The vikings are 3-0 against the lions and the Browns. The lions are who they are with a rookie QB. Did you see what the Brown offense did last Sunday, that was just a mess. Then you play the 49ers in a close game that could have gone either way. Remember Gore went out early.

The biggest surprise to me in the 49ers game was the lack of your passing offense. I thought Childress was just keeping Brett fresh by not over using his arm unless he had to. He needed it in that game and it never happen until the last 2 minutes when there was no choice. He had 2 quarters of football to air it out and it did not happen. I see Brett getting hit alot with lots of preasure when trying to pass.

No need for a plane crash with that vanilla offense.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm really starting to think the reason Favre pulled the retirement stunt was because he KNEW TT wasn't paying attention to the OL, and would be killed if he continued to play for the Pack...but from what I saw last Sunday, Favre was on his back a considerable amount, that makes him beatable. Contain AP, harass Favre, pick him off a couple of times (Woodson), and Minny could be in for trouble.

I agree it so simple of a plan, nothing complex about it. It comes down to who wants it more. A very winnable game for the Pack.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Four plans - JSOnline

I had no idea - thought normally, Brett wasn't good against the 3-4 scheme.

Doesn't really matter, though - the Vikings have awful pass protection and very average receivers.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I agree it so simple of a plan, nothing complex about it. It comes down to who wants it more. A very winnable game for the Pack.

You mean like how everyone said the Bengal game was "a very winnable game"...

hahhahahahahahahahaha....:yahoo:

Zeppelinelite51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dude your a ******, every game is a winable game. The Bungals game was winable if our o-line didnt blow or we could stop anything on D. FOR EXAMPLE, Lions.. noone and their mother thought they would beat the skins, EVERY game is winable, ****

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually quite a few people picked them to get their first win over the Lions myself and quite a few "experts" on pre-game shows.

realoatesman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Currently going to college in Minnesota, but origi
Lol... But really, age may affect his play, but I don't think the cold affects him. I believe he stated it himself, that the cold was never a problem to him. The wind was the real factor. Of course, usually when it's cold in Lambeau it's also windy as hell, so there isn't a real argument in here....

Oh I think cold weather does affect 'Ol Favry. Does anyone remember the NFC Championship game against the Giants 2 years ago? What I remember is him standing around with his hands in his warmer until he had to do something and then he threw an interception to lose the game. Also I think ESPN brought up a stat after the game showing how he has a terrible record in recent years in games where it gets below a certain temperature.

billysofly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
grant does do pretty good against the viks and farve isnt that good dealing with 3-4 defense remember the Texans game awhile back

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh I think cold weather does affect 'Ol Favry. Does anyone remember the NFC Championship game against the Giants 2 years ago? What I remember is him standing around with his hands in his warmer until he had to do something and then he threw an interception to lose the game. Also I think ESPN brought up a stat after the game showing how he has a terrible record in recent years in games where it gets below a certain temperature.
It was very windy in that game. Usually when there's cold, there's wind. And he told himslef it was not the cold, it was the wind. He has lied before, though.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In that NFC championship game I remember someone getting eaten alive by a certain Plaxico Burress which I believe to have been a huge contributing factor to our demise in that game.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was very windy in that game. Usually when there's cold, there's wind. And he told himslef it was not the cold, it was the wind. He has lied before, though.

Problem is it wont be that cold this early in the season.
The Giants game was horrible for the whole team and you cannot pin that dumb play as to why they lost the game.
It was cold when they played seattle the week before and it didn't seem to bother him all that much. Maybe the teams he has played on the last few years just havnt been that good. Not an excuse by any means but you have to look at the whole picture

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In that NFC championship game I remember someone getting eaten alive by a certain Plaxico Burress which I believe to have been a huge contributing factor to our demise in that game.

Not to mention a horrible game plan. If memory servs., I think they went away from the short routs they had been running all year long. But I could be wrong, just my opinion

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
Wonder what kind of reception Favre will get coming ack to Lambeau?
Cheers, Jeers, or a little of both? Inquiring minds want to know?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants game was horrible for the whole team and you cannot pin that dumb play as to why they lost the game.
When did I do this?

It was cold when they played seattle the week before and it didn't seem to bother him all that much. Maybe the teams he has played on the last few years just havnt been that good. Not an excuse by any means but you have to look at the whole picture
I was going to mention that Seattle game, but Grant rushing for 200+ yards had a lot to do with him playing well...

And saying that the teams he played weren't that good is huge lie... 2006, 2005, and maybe 1999 I agree with that, but from 1994 to 2004 he had quality teams. It has been discussed here before and I'll not go into that. He didn't win it alone, he didn't lose it alone, end of story.

I was only bringing up something he said himself about the cold and the wind, nothing more.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Expect to hear boo's and a lot of them as there will a lot of hate pieces written in the local media.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone remember the Kenny Mayne Segment on Sportscenter right before that game? About how Favre deals with the cold by being naked whenever he's not on the football field? Classic. I laughed my @$$ off when I saw it.
That was a hilarious piece.

It is going to be crazy how many spoofs you're going to see before this game. I wonder if SNL or Mad TV will run with this as well. I am sure they are low on material since they can't make fun of bush as much anymore.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone remember the Kenny Mayne Segment on Sportscenter right before that game? About how Favre deals with the cold by being naked whenever he's not on the football field? Classic. I laughed my @$$ off when I saw it.

That was epic. Thanks for reminding me of that one. I wonder if its on the web?