Kurt Warner on Aaron Rodgers

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
It was funny to see him on NFL network standing next to Trent Green. They both hate each other. LOL

The guy I hate the most on NFL network is Warren "Cheap Hit Sack o ****" Sapp. I'll always remember the hit he put on Clifton. What a cheap punk *** hit. Can't stand that guy up there.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Warner seriously must be a Packers fan:

NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Warner: Rodgers is among elite quarterbacks «

Chatting about quarterback play earlier with resident NFL signal caller Kurt Warner, he came way from Rodgers’ most recent performance with a familiar feeling. It reminded him a lot of his own performance from a year ago in the wild-card round against Rodgers.

He’s right. Here are the two stat lines:
Warner: 29-33, 379 yards, 5 TD, 0 INT.
Rodgers: 31-36, 366 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, rush TD.

Watching Rodgers now, Warner told me he’s developed an appreciation for his game.

Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai

“As a guy who has played the position, I appreciate guys who play the position a particular way,” Warner said. “What I love about Rodgers is he’s playing the game great from inside the pocket. He’s dropping back, making his reads, is accurate with his throws and is making good decisions. He’s prototypical. I appreciate guys that play the position the way I believe it has to be played in the NFL to win."

So what separates the good quarterbacks from the great quarterbacks? From Warner’s perspective, that divide is among the select few who can make the throws others can’t when the situation is less than ideal. Under pressure. On the move. When you can’t follow through. With defenders in your face.

“To me, the best quarterbacks in this business are the ones who have the ability to throw from different positions,” Warner explained. “Because most guys in this league can throw in a perfect world. You have to be able to make those throws. But where the great ones are separated from everyone else is in their ability to make throws not everyone else can make.

“To me, that’s one of the things that separates Rodgers from so many other people. He doesn’t have to be playing in a perfect world. He can elude pressure, he has the ability to throw with pressure in his face when his feet aren’t set, he can throw when scrambling to the right or left. To me those are things not everyone can be taught, and not everyone can do.”

Members online

Latest posts