1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Kudos to the OL's PASS BLOCKING

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by FrankRizzo, Dec 26, 2011.

1. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    We ripped them to shreds after the Kansas City loss, especially Marshall Newhouse.

But last night, they protected Rodgers as well as you could ever hope for, and they have Julius Peppers.

I especially want to credit Newhouse at LT and T.J. Lang at right tackle. He's been our starting GUARD all year, and for him to be able to kick out to the edge and play as well as he did last night, with Peppers over him a few times...... you gotta hand it to the fellas.

Now the run blocking, that's another story, but I think the Bears often would have 8 guys in the box on runs and it's hard to block 8 with 5.... they don't have the same respect for our deep game with no GJ85 in there. And WhiteLightning made them pay fot that didn't he?

Good job OL, and if that's not a fluke, then we're gonna be in good shape there with Bulaga and Clifton back I think.... as long as Clifton's rust and the lack of continuity hurts us.....

2. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,038
    Ditto
    and I hope Clifton and Bulaga are available next week to knock the rust off before the bye week.