Krys Barnes and Chandon Sullivan

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely players to retain. Not really default starters but they've made their impact to be in the mix.

Playing way above their ceiling I thought.n

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Barnes is under contract for 2021 and is an ERFA in 2022.

Sullivan is an RFA. They could put an original round tender on him, I guess, which would pay around 2M. But I don't think he's all that critical to keep. He's just been OK.

D

Deleted member 6794

Barnes is under contract for 2021 and is an ERFA in 2022.

Sullivan is an RFA. They could put an original round tender on him, I guess, which would pay around 2M. But I don't think he's all that critical to keep. He's just been OK.

With Sullivan going undrafted in 2018 it wouldn't make a lot of sense to put an original round tender on him as the Packers wouldn't receive any compensation if he signs with another team. It might make more sense to negotiate a cheap deal with him.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Sullivan won't get a tender. He will get a contract or not type deal.

Barnes is going to stick IMO for sure, he is being our #1 guy - whether he should be or not into the future we will see, but right now that dude has grit and is leading the defense very well, especially considering UDFA

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Not knowing what kind of room they have to work with, or how much they value the slot corner position, it's hard to know what they will do there. Sullivan is just OK. But he's young and they might prefer to keep a familiar guy. But there are a ton of slot corners in this FA class.

Troy Hill, Mike Hilton, Brian Poole, K'Waun Williams, Cam Sutton, Desmond King, Nickell Robey-Coleman, Mackensie Alexander

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sullivan is just ok but will be easier to keep than Kevin King, and I think we should keep at least one of those two.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not knowing what kind of room they have to work with, or how much they value the slot corner position, it's hard to know what they will do there. Sullivan is just OK. But he's young and they might prefer to keep a familiar guy. But there are a ton of slot corners in this FA class.

Troy Hill, Mike Hilton, Brian Poole, K'Waun Williams, Cam Sutton, Desmond King, Nickell Robey-Coleman, Mackensie Alexander

Love Hilton.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think Sullivan is likely to be offered a 2 year deal by the Packers for somewhere around 2.5 to 3 million total. Barnes could get a similar type deal offer but don’t have a gut feeling on how exactly that plays out.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I think Sullivan is likely to be offered a 2 year deal by the Packers for somewhere around 2.5 to 3 million total. Barnes could get a similar type deal offer but don’t have a gut feeling on how exactly that plays out.

Barnes is under contract for 2021, is an ERFA in 2022, and a RFA in 2023.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Sullivan won't get a tender. He will get a contract or not type deal.

Barnes is going to stick IMO for sure, he is being our #1 guy - whether he should be or not into the future we will see, but right now that dude has grit and is leading the defense very well, especially considering UDFA

I almost think we could trade Kirksey right now and go with Barnes and Martin in the middle with Summers as primary backup and maybe draft another back up.

D

Deleted member 6794

I almost think we could trade Kirksey right now and go with Barnes and Martin in the middle with Summers as primary backup and maybe draft another back up.

I highly doubt any team would be interested in trading for Kirksey, especially considering the Packers will most likely be forced to release him.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sullivan was okay at best this season. Brady clearly picked on him yesterday and for good reason. He couldn't cover any of their receivers. I'd rather dig through the UDFA scrap pile for someone with more potential if we are going to give up that many plays in a game.

D

Deleted member 6794

Sullivan was okay at best this season. Brady clearly picked on him yesterday and for good reason. He couldn't cover any of their receivers. I'd rather dig through the UDFA scrap pile for someone with more potential if we are going to give up that many plays in a game.

The Packers will most likely need to spend an early rounder on a cornerback with King all but guaranteed to be gone.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will most likely need to spend an early rounder on a cornerback with King all but guaranteed to be gone.

I believe we will see 2 if not even 3 CBs taken. Replacing King is by far the crucial aspect of the secondary we will need to do - well before worrying about Sullivan's replacement. However, I wouldn't be shocked to see us double down on CBs with outside potential and the loser battling rest of roster for that slot corner position Sullivan seemed a lock to grow into.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe we will see 2 if not even 3 CBs taken. Replacing King is by far the crucial aspect of the secondary we will need to do - well before worrying about Sullivan's replacement. However, I wouldn't be shocked to see us double down on CBs with outside potential and the loser battling rest of roster for that slot corner position Sullivan seemed a lock to grow into.

I'd like to see a CB taken in the first 3 rounds, a vet pickup and another taken in round 5-7. I gotta figure there will be some solid help available once the great cut occurs as teams try to get under the salary cap. My top three priorities this off season are OT, ILB and CB. I think we're solid to great everywhere else.

Maybe look for an ST ace in free agency if any are available. I think we could improve the unit by just adding a couple more good tacklers who can avoid and get off blocks.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think we need one more DL guy. The other positions in easyk83 hit the mark but I do think another edge guy and wr that can play well in the slot needs to be found.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If this happens Gute is TRYIN' to kill me

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this happens Gute is TRYIN' to kill me

Why? Name another more pivotal position needs replacing or filling?

The taking of 2 isn't even that crazy...I could see a high CB a mid rounder and then either a late flier or a S with slot responsibility traits exhibited.

I'll go a step further, a recent mock I ran attempting to do a full 32 team controlled simulation weighing team's needs and such led me to drafting Green Bay 3 Defensive Backs:

Tyson Campbell (CB) in the 2nd
Robert Rochell (CB) in the 5th
Lamont Wade (S) in the 6th

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why? Name another more pivotal position needs replacing or filling? The taking of 2 isn't even that crazy...I could see a high CB a mid rounder and then either a late flier or a S with slot responsibility traits exhibited.
you're crazy, in a league built on passing why on earth would you think we'd need more than one DB on the team? now you're saying we need 2 or 3?

You saw the way King gave up that TD at the half, you know beats that? another WR for our offense. duh

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you're crazy, in a league built on passing why on earth would you think we'd need more than one DB on the team? now you're saying we need 2 or 3?

You saw the way King gave up that TD at the half, you know beats that? another WR for our offense. duh

I do apologize, in that case let's nab Nico Collins in the 1st, Amari Rodgers in the 2nd, Sage Surratt in the 3rd and round it out with Anthony Schwartz in the 4th and Jaelon Darden in the 6th - I mean with the few remaining picks should be quite easy to fill roster out.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haven't they tried the multiple-CB-at-the-top draft before?

Arguably once in recent memory, which if you look back on that class and the players selected Randall and Rollins both underachieved to what they were suspected to do (although I never thought Rollins was special). Randall grew into an NFL contributor for a few seasons and now seems stuck unemployed/practice squader. Rollins NEVER had anything click in the game for him.

To be fair though, that draft, only the illogical felt we'd hit a home run on either...and realistically you hope one of the two stick and see a second contract type level performance with the team. Neither ended up with value for us.

*Jaire and Josh as well.

Last edited: