Krys Barnes and Chandon Sullivan

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly as an organization since 2010 we've done what I would call a really good job of hitting on our Defensive Back picks:

Burnett - 2010 - SOLID
House - 2011 - SOLID
Hayward - 2012 - SOLID
McMillian - 2012 - BUSTED
Hyde - 2013 - SOLID, Overachived
Clinton-Dix - 2014 - GOOD BUT Underachieved
Goodson - 2014 - DEPTH
Randall - 2015 - AVERAGE, Underachieved
Rollins - 2015 - BUSTED
King - 2016 - AVERAGE, Underachieved
Alexander - 2018 - HOME FREAKING RUN
Jackson - 2018 - trending towards bust, story still unwritten
Savage - 2019 - Trending to HOME RUN or SOLID
Hollman - 2019 - Appears solid for pick, unwritten

INCASE you're counting that is 14 drafted, with two clear busts (McMillian and Rollins).

*For me Solid is contribution level matched their draft spot but also weighed to how they have performed over their career.

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arguably once in recent memory, which if you look back on that class and the players selected Randall and Rollins both underachieved to what they were suspected to do (although I never thought Rollins was special). Randall grew into an NFL contributor for a few seasons and now seems stuck unemployed/practice squader. Rollins NEVER had anything click in the game for him.

To be fair though, that draft, only the illogical felt we'd hit a home run on either...and realistically you hope one of the two stick and see a second contract type level performance with the team. Neither ended up with value for us.

*Jaire and Josh as well.
Randell was a head case unfortunately... otherwise he actually showed a lot of promise.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randell was a head case unfortunately... otherwise he actually showed a lot of promise.

Couldn't agree more. Honestly, sometimes folks ask what I mean by when I say a prospect appears to be a "Packer type" Randall is a great example of what isn't that type LOL

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Say what you want, I'd bring Randall back in a heartbeat at Vet Min to both replace King and compete for Nickel depending on what happens in the Draft . I think being unemployed might've gave him some humble pie. If he acts up again put him back on the street.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Say what you want, I'd bring Randall back in a heartbeat at Vet Min to both replace King and compete for Nickel depending on what happens in the . I think being unemployed might've gave him some humble pie. If he acts up again put him back on the street.

He would be worth a recheck at that price

D

Deleted member 6794

You saw the way King gave up that TD at the half, you know beats that? another WR for our offense. duh

Well, with a lack of talent at wide receiver opponents are able to slow down the Packers offense with only one stud cornerback as well.

Too bad there are actually teams out there putting more value into having a better receiving corps.

Honestly as an organization since 2010 we've done what I would call a really good job of hitting on our Defensive Back picks:

Burnett - 2010 - SOLID
House - 2011 - SOLID
Hayward - 2012 - SOLID
Goodson - 2014 - DEPTH
Rollins - 2015 - BUSTED
Jackson - 2018 - AVERAGE, story still unwritten

INCASE you're counting that is 14 drafted, with two clear busts (McMillian and Rollins).

*For me Solid is contribution level matched their draft spot but also weighed to how they have performed over their career.

I would definitely consider King and Jackson as busts as well considering they were both drafted in the second round.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Turner and Wagner were beaten like rented mules all day long, and it’s a WR problem. Aaron Jones has a pathetic day and it’s a WR problem...

If Shawn Menga had more WRs we’d have had better special teams units.

D

Deleted member 6794

Turner and Wagner were beaten like rented mules all day long, and it’s a WR problem. Aaron Jones has a pathetic day and it’s a WR problem...

It's mind-boggling how many posters don't even entertain the possibility that an improved wide receiving corps might have made the offense more efficient.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, with a lack of talent at wide receiver opponents are able to slow down the Packers offense with only one stud cornerback as well.

Too bad there are actually teams out there putting more value into having a better receiving corps.

I would definitely consider King and Jackson as busts as well considering they were both drafted in the second round.

I'd disagree, King is an average CB - somedays above and somedays below - to his draft position he definitely underachieved though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's mind-boggling how many posters don't even entertain the possibility that an improved wide receiving corps might have made the offense more efficient.
more mind boggling is how one continues to cut up everything anyone has ever written to beat one dead horse. Better wide receivers might make this a better team? no ****? so would better tackles, better guards, better linebackers, better TE's, better DB's, better DLine, better coaches. You're really opening my eyes.

yet we had one of the most efficient and best Offenses in the league. how did we lose that game? lack of WR or 2 guys playing tackle that couldn't stand in the way on half the plays? Because we had no production from WR's or because of boneheaded plays by a depth DB and Kevin King?

I don't care if Jerry freaking Rice was on the team. How many passes are completed after an INT and the defensive end runs right past our tackle tipping the ball as Rodgers rushes a throw? thought so.

D

Deleted member 6794

yet we had one of the most efficient and best Offenses in the league. how did we lose that game? lack of WR or 2 guys playing tackle that couldn't stand in the way on half the plays? Because we had no production from WR's or because of boneheaded plays by a depth DB and Kevin King?

I never mentioned anything about the wide receivers being responsible for losing the game to the Bucs. That doesn't change the fact the position is still in need of an upgrade entering this offseason.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Burnett - 2010 - SOLID
House - 2011 - SOLID
Hayward - 2012 - SOLID
Goodson - 2014 - DEPTH
Rollins - 2015 - BUSTED
Jackson - 2018 - AVERAGE, story still unwritten

Josh Jackson has been a healthy scratch for weeks. How you gonna call that average?

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

While that is true, it’s also mind boggling how some people seem to think it’s the only issue with the team, or even the largest issue with the team. Like usual, the truth lies in the middle.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why? Name another more pivotal position needs replacing or filling?

The taking of 2 isn't even that crazy...I could see a high CB a mid rounder and then either a late flier or a S with slot responsibility traits exhibited.

I'll go a step further, a recent mock I ran attempting to do a full 32 team controlled simulation weighing team's needs and such led me to drafting Green Bay 3 Defensive Backs:

Tyson Campbell (CB) in the 2nd
Robert Rochell (CB) in the 5th
Lamont Wade (S) in the 6th

We do need 3 DB...but not 2 corners. We need 2 safeties. So yes if Gute goes 2 CB he's trying to kill me.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We do need 3 DB...but not 2 corners. We need 2 safeties. So yes if Gute goes 2 CB he's trying to kill me.

We have two above average starting safeties. Now I would love another one so that Savage can play more like Matthieu, but we are okay if we don’t.

CB is easier a bigger need than S, imo. I’d love to hear what you’re thinking though!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

150% disagree. We have two very good Safeties, with one projecting to be very special (Savage). Scott has shown perhaps has a solid back up presence as well.

We are no doubt walking away King and will most likely let Sullivan walk as well. That is our outside starting Corner and Nickel corner.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
150% disagree. We have two very good Safeties, with one projecting to be very special (Savage). Scott has shown perhaps has a solid back up presence as well.

We are no doubt walking away King and will most likely let Sullivan walk as well. That is our outside starting Corner and Nickel corner.

okay

D

Deleted member 6794

While that is true, it’s also mind boggling how some people seem to think it’s the only issue with the team, or even the largest issue with the team. Like usual, the truth lies in the middle.

I was expecting wide receiver to become the biggest issue on the team entering this season but was pleasantly surprised that MLF found a way to put the highest scoring offense on the field despite a lack of talent at the position.

Therefore I agree the team has more pressing needs entering this offseason but would still like to have it addressed as well.

We are no doubt walking away King and will most likely let Sullivan walk as well.

With Sullivan being a restricted free agent I expect him to be back to compete for a roster spot.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd take a look at Randall on the condition that he goes and gets himself a therapist. Not that he needs a Freudian reconstruction, but just someone to ***** to once a week.

Members online

Latest posts