Kornheiser vs. Theisman - MNF

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, I wasn't a fan of Kornheiser being added to this group for MNF, but I changed my mind!

Theisman thinks he is so funny, and so smart, but he ISN'T...and Kornheiser totally calls him on his stupidity and nonfunnyness.

Theisman then tries to outfunny Kornheiser which is obvious, as if hes going "Hey, im the funny one, jerk!"

oh man....the tension is awesome.

at the end Kornheiser says something like "I think I said to take the under on this game, that woulda worked out well." and Theisman goes "Woulda been if you said that before the game" all bitter.

Oh man....this is gonna make MNF not suck ***.

Anyone else catch this?

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I try not to pay attention to Theismann, because he's a moron. I can't remember exactly, but he said something like, "and breath coming out of their mouth." Something completely idiotic. IDC how long he played or how many games he won, I don't believe a word he says. And he's still better than his old partner in crime MacGuire.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tension between members of the broadcast team has pretty much always added something positive to the product.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Theisman was a good QB but is a loser in the both. Kornheiser is a funny guy and I am glade that someone is calling out happy Joe.

The other day he and Mike Wilbon were talking about Pluto not being a planet on PTI. Wilbon said, "Did you know that they discovered a blue ring around Uranus?" and Kornheiser replied, "I gotta stop partying with Papa Smurf"

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bwahahahaha...now THAT'S funny!! :smurf:

i was too buzzed to hear much of what was said in the booth. my bad for deciding to do a shot everytime a team DIDN'T score!! ;)

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Theisman was a good QB but is a loser in the both. Kornheiser is a funny guy and I am glade that someone is calling out happy Joe.

The other day he and Mike Wilbon were talking about Pluto not being a planet on PTI. Wilbon said, "Did you know that they discovered a blue ring around Uranus?" and Kornheiser replied, "I gotta stop partying with Papa Smurf"

Yea....right off the cuff, right. Wasn't planned at all. :roll: Kornheiser is an ***. So is Theisman. So is Wilbon. They all try to outdo each other. It's as if it's about them and not the game. Remember what you're there for idiots.

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who cares if it was planned? It's till funny. Cause everytime I see a comedian on TV, he's just going improv.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Wilbon should replace Kornheiser, and Jaws should replace Theisman. Anyone else think this would be a better combo?

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Comedians are paid to be funny. These guys are supposed to be doing sports...not lobbing softballs to each other.

We were referring to PTI, not MNF.

kmac said:
I think Wilbon should replace Kornheiser, and Jaws should replace Theisman. Anyone else think this would be a better combo?

No. Wilbon acts like there is a big conspiracy against black players, and while Jaws is more knowledgeable than Theiswomann, he's annoying. He thinks he knows everything. But so does pretty much every person that discusses the NFL at ESPN. They should move Steve Young there. At least he's not an idiot. They should just fire Theismann anyway. He's a dope.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Comedians are paid to be funny. These guys are supposed to be doing sports...not lobbing softballs to each other.

So what makes you think that if it is sports then it should be presented with a big cork wedged up everyone's ***?

It is just sports and if a guy on PTI makes me laugh then I am not going to fight it and say "HEY! TREAT THIS SPORTS STORY WITH SOME RESPECT!"

Who wants bland, deadpan, emotionless coverage?
I see enough of that from Ron Woodson.

Members online

Latest posts