Kill me if you want, but here's a question, with some logic behind it

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't blame TT for any of this at all.
If Burnt Fail would have kept his yapper shut and commited to the Pack and not retire/unretire like 10 times then I would blame TT.
But we got a younger and a promising QB to take his place, so all in all it's a win-win situation for the Packer fans.

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre always wanted this team to commit to him when he wouldn't commit to his team. If anything the packers were too loyal to favre. How many QBs could have had the season that Favre had in 05 and still be the unquestioned starter the next year? that's exactly why i don't believe it was Thompson's goal to oust Favre as soon as he was hired as GM. If Thompson wanted Favre gone as soon as possible he would have had the perfect excuse to get rid of Favre after the 05 season, he had just had the worst season of his career (20 tds to 29 ints and a horrifying 4-12 record, just remembering that season makes me want to puke) and at his age there wasn't a lot of hope for improvement. Favre just percieved Ted to be out to get him because he didn't resign his friends (who didn't have alot of sucess after their packer days any way) and he didn't believe ted was building a team that could win while he was with the team, never mind that they still came within one drive of going to the SB anyway. Now Favre tries to take a shot at GB with everying he does. He says revenge isn't a factor and that he just wants to play so why not just stay with the jets why must he go to the hated vikings. to win a SB? well the Jets went to the AFC Championship game (exactly as far as the purple losers went) so the Jets can't be that far off, hell they might even have a better chance next year than the viqueens. And then he goes and says stupid things like the 09 vikes team was better than the 96 SB team (sorry 13-3 and a ring is better than 12-4 and a choke). No he didn't like being told what to do and being held accountable for his mistakes, which is why he's likes the vikings because they are willing to bend down and kiss his ***, i hope it comes back to bite them this year. Ultimately it comes down to the fact that no real packer fan can root for him or wish him any kind of sucess because it negatively affects the Packers (you know the team that a real packer backer would root for) and makes the idiot viking fans start trash talking (even though their team has never done anything great). nothing would ever make me root for the vikes over the pack.

Sorry for the long rant but i wanted to get everyithing i wanted to say in because i'm really sick of talking about this, it's old news.

vegasdan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think once you understand that TT's job was to make the Packers an elite team and not to make a single player happy, no matter what history that player may have had with the team, then you cease to blame TT for the situation.

When you understand that and also realize that the Packers may now be an elite team, then you realize that Mr. Thompson has done his job and has done it very well. Then you will have respect for him and how you feel about BF will not effect your appreciation of our GM.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brent Fart fans who follow and worship him and like to pout and cry and point fingers and blame TT for this fiasco were not real true Packer fans to begin with.
Brent could cut a fart, ask one of them to suck on it and they would.
And now they are not exactly Viqueens fans either.
Just more stupid *** hero worship crud.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't read every post, but it looks like you have one guy who is questioning the team's decisions.

To me, looking at this a couple years down the road it is even more clear that the Pack was right all along. If there was ever a question of whose cause all the dram Favre has proven time again it was he.

OP
OP
P

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll leave you guys who have said 'Brett was the starter going into '08' with this thought....OR SO YOU THINK! Why wouldn't SUPER GM want his BOY as starting QB? You can't honestly tell me it hasn't occurred to you that Ted made the move prior to Favre's retirement in March! No one is that naive.

Football IS an ego-driven sport/business...you accuse Brett of having one...what's to say Ted didn't have one just as big or bigger...and didn't decide that Favre was the backup as soon as the 2007 NFC Championship Game was over.

Think about it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll leave you guys who have said 'Brett was the starter going into '08' with this thought....OR SO YOU THINK! Why wouldn't SUPER GM want his BOY as starting QB? You can't honestly tell me it hasn't occurred to you that Ted made the move prior to Favre's retirement in March! No one is that naive.

Football IS an ego-driven sport/business...you accuse Brett of having one...what's to say Ted didn't have one just as big or bigger...and didn't decide that Favre was the backup as soon as the 2007 NFC Championship Game was over.

Think about it.

Then why did they get ready to fly down to bum **** even after he retired? They were going to have him come back but b4 they left he had changed his mind again.

I thought about it and you still dont have a clue what your talking about.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Think about it.

Because as the prior post mentioned they were ready to take him back..

Someone else mentioned the 4-12 season, that would been the PERFECT time to release him..

Or how bout Ted and Mike agreeing to lighten his work load during the season

vegasdan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Think about it.
TT is one of the more selfless person in the NFL. It appears to be painful for him to even do on-camera interviews. Where is the ego? TT and MM have both stated that they WANTED him back. But by the 3rd or 4th time he changed his mind, they told him that was it. Make sure because we can't keep bouncing back and forth we need to know what direction we are going in. BF said he was sure he was retired and the next thing they know, BF is on Greta.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Think about it.

WTF are you talking about? The Packer organization did everything they could to get an answer out of Brett. They bent over backwards trying to get a straight answer out of the guy. Instead of MM flying down there to kiss his ***.........he should of ***** slapped him.

Sooo if there is anyone that needs to think about it.........it just might be you.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the question I want alot of people to answer for me, and I'll give you insight and logic into my side of this argument so here goes:

Why is the Brett Favre situation Brett's fault and NOT Ted's?

What Brett Favre situation? Green Bay doesn't have one, you need to be talking to MN. Those are the guys with the Favre situation.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In order for an argument to be logical, it should be based on facts. Here are a few that you have left out:

1) Rogers was drafted after 3 years of Favre's hints of retirement. The GM would be irresponsible if he ignored such thoughts from your aging QB.
2) Favre, the team leader, showed no interest in tutoring Rogers. How did this help the team?
2) Favre said he had "nothing more to give" at his (first) retirement.
3) Within 1 month of his "retirement" Sam Farmer in the L.A. Times reported Favre's agent was shopping Favre around the league about playing. This was denied by the Favre camp--just as all of the rumors of his annual retirements and unretirements have been denied.
4) Favre has requested his release from 2 teams after retiring--why would a retired player do this unless he wanted to go to a team of his choosing?
5) The record is clear that his playoff interceptions have killed the Packers year after year. It isn't just coincidence that Starr, with the fewest all-time playoff interceptions, has 5 Championships and
Favre, with the most playoff interceptions, has 1 Championship.
6) History to this point shows that Favre's initial retirement was a sham, regardless of who you want to blame it on.

Last year Favre made the comment that the winning was what all "of this" was about. What do you call someone who changes sides because of a perceived better chance of winning?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year Favre made the comment that the winning was what all "of this" was about. What do you call someone who changes sides because of a perceived better chance of winning?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Just to make sure people know what JBlood is trying to say here because of their lack of intelligence or ignorance. Brett Favre is a backstabing *******. He needs to thank the Greenbay Packer organization for just about every penny he's got. His cars, house, his cheap *** jeans, and his F'n nasty looking T shirts. If it wasn't for the Packers, he would of probably never left Atlanta (until they cut him), and would be driving his lawn mower down the street like Bobbie Bouchet........with a beer in his hand.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just to make sure people know what JBlood is trying to say here because of their lack of intelligence or ignorance. Brett Favre is a backstabing *******. He needs to thank the Greenbay Packer organization for just about every penny he's got. His cars, house, his cheap *** jeans, and his F'n nasty looking T shirts. If it wasn't for the Packers, he would of probably never left Atlanta (until they cut him), and would be driving his lawn mower down the street like Bobbie Bouchet........with a beer in his hand.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up--but what do you really think???:viksux:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3) Within 1 month of his "retirement" Sam Farmer in the L.A. Times reported Favre's agent was shopping Favre around the league about playing. This was denied by the Favre camp--just as all of the rumors of his annual retirements and unretirements have been denied.

5) The record is clear that his playoff interceptions have killed the Packers year after year. It isn't just coincidence that Starr, with the fewest all-time playoff interceptions, has 5 Championships and
Favre, with the most playoff interceptions, has 1 Championship.
#3- I can confirm this part.
I have a good friend who was at a charity golf tournament the summer of 2008 when Farve was retired, and they talked football and Bus told him flatout that Farve was not done playing, and that Farve "felt" like TT pushed him out the door.
Now, I understand some animosity he might have towards TT. I give him that. I've had bosses I have hated before too, and TT's first ever move was to draft BF's replacement, I can feel that. I also totally feel the Randy Moss part as Farve and Moss had that trade set up, TT passed, ego, lies, etc..... fine.
But still, TT did NOT push Farve to retire and we all, they all, expected him back and wanted him back because they were this close (by this, I mean one patented farking Favre bad INT) away from the Super Bowl and we had a good chance to take that step as everyone knew the Giants weren't going to last at the top.

#5- Exactly. For all his great regular season accomplishments, the facts have shown and continue to show that the bastard flatout always finds a way to fuq up in the post-season and rip the hearts out of millions of fans and his teammates. It just is what he does. He's always been the gun-slinger. But against the best teams (playoffs), this catches up with him.
You see, for all the people that rip on Rodgers for hanging onto the ball an extra half-second and taking too many sacks, you can have the reverse in Farve: A ***** who is afraid of the hit and will instead just wing it a second early to avoid the hit. He simply forces it, throws it harder, and hopes. And he always throws it off his back foot to back away from the hit.
Look at that Int he threw to lose the Saints title game this year. It was thrown early because he didn't want to take another hit. And AROD would have run for 10 yards on the play. Not Farve.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUigYU2B-TQ&feature=related]YouTube - Farve Interception - NFC Championship[/ame]

I love that play!
I still have that game on my DVR!
Aikman says "The first thing they teach you not to do"....... "Cardinal Sin for any QB"

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Porter should have taken it to the house and won it. Around midfield, he cuts it to the inside but I think he could have scored had he run to the right sideline because #74 Bryant McKinney is too slow to catch him on that angle, and he had 3 steps on Sidney Rice from behind. Maybe RIce would have caught up to him eventually.
How great would that have been for that stupid pass to have been THE FINAL PLAY/NAIL in the COFFIN?
As it was, it was still awesome to watch that long overtime drive unfold, with 2 instant replay looks, and a touchy penalty against the Vikings.... and the Vikings never even getting their hands on the ball.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, that pretty much sums it up--but what do you really think???:viksux:

Sorry JBlood for adding to your post a little. But I really couldn't say what I really thought and had to tone it down a touch. lol

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all your not going to convince a bunch of Packer fans that the whole Burt Fail vs TT thing is TT's fault alone. And it's not because Fail went to a rival team to get revenge. (We all know that's the case otherwise he would have stayed in NY.)
The final responsibility lies on Burt and Burt alone. It's not that he was fired or let go or cut or what have you. He made the fianal descision to leave. He wasn't forced. It was his choice and his responsibility alone.
Knowing that I don't get it why any sane rational thinking person would even for a second want to blame TT for any of this. TT didn't give Brent what he wanted what he wanted, but Brent gave him the finger and left.
So stop pulling out the victim card for Mr. "Oh poor me. My own team screwed me" when they didn't.
If anyone is a victim here, it's the Packer fans for dealing with and putting up with all his crap. Not Brent Farv.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that we can look back most fans agree that the Packers made the right move in regards to #4. TT got a nice round of applause at the Shareholders' meeting this morning. Most fans are amped about the team he has assembled and our football future looks bright. Farp is MN's problem now. They can have that Elderly Interception machine!

:viksux:

Members online

Latest posts